Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

The trial of X-23

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Kairan1979

In X-23 : Target X #6 we saw Captain America determined that X-23 had to be held accountable for her crimes. Later he changed his mind, but what if he didn't?
    Imagine the possible scenario with Captain America using his influence to put Laura Kinney on trial, at the same time making sure that S.H.I.E.L.D. or any other governmental agency can't take her away. The existence of X-23 and the Facility becomes a public knowledge, and the trial attracts all kinds of attention.
    How do you think this could end?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

It would have ended with X-23 becoming a weapon of HAMMER during the Dark Reign.  Osborn wouldn't have needed Daken on his Dark X-Men/Dark Avengers.  Nimrod would have killed Forge & the New X-Men.  Kimura would have been kept in steady employment.  The Leper Queen would have killed Boom Boom.  Possibly many more X-Men would have died during search for Hope & Cable in Second Coming.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kairan1979
    @xerox-kitty:
    I don't think it's going to be so simple.
    1. I don't believe X-Men will ignore the trial.
    2. This can cause the crack within the superhero community. Daredevil clearly disapproved of Steve's decision, and I think a lot of heroes will see Laura as a victim, not as a criminal.
    3. I expect a new wave of anti-mutant histeria.
    4. A lot of people X-23 killed were public figures.
    fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By fbdarkangel

now that's one Law and Order episode I would have liked to have seen!

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

She would have never met Julian, Cessily would have never been rescued from the Facility, Julian would have probably died to Predator X along with others

Avatar image for shadeofthenight
    ShadeOfTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ShadeOfTheNight
    @Kairan1979 said:

" @xerox-kitty: I don't think it's going to be so simple.1. I don't believe X-Men will ignore the trial.2. This can cause the crack within the superhero community. Daredevil clearly disapproved of Steve's decision, and I think a lot of heroes will see Laura as a victim, not as a criminal.3. I expect a new wave of anti-mutant hysteria. 4. A lot of people X-23 killed were public figures. "

I think you bring up some very good points and agree. Would probably also elminate her prostitute time and probably any ties to the NYX characters, seeing she'd join the x-men a lot earlier or simple be locked up in a high level security prison.

I personally this this would make a great "What if?" Story. But with modern what if stories it would probably end badly. I would definitely want to read it anyways. Kind of surprised they hadn't made a what if about this yet seeing how popular X-23 is getting.
    Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Shadow_Thief

I don't know that it would have necessarily happened even if Cap hadn't changed his mind. There's a lot of extremely powerful, extremely secretive people/organizations such a trial would effect, and they would no doubt take "steps" to ensure that their security wasn't compromised.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kairan1979
    @KumoriKunoichi:
    1. Her meeting Julian or not depends on the results of the trial.
    2. With everything Laura knows about the Facility, there's a good chance Avengers or X-Men shut it down.
    3. If Facility is shut down, no Predator X.
    @ShadeOfTheNight:
    4. I agree about NYX characters - there could be much different story for all of them.
    doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By doomsilver

that would suck, of she didn't meet julian.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kairan1979

I already mentioned that I doubt that X-Men will ignore the trial of X-23. How do you think they are going to react (especially Wolverine)?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By ReVamp
    @Kairan1979 said:

I already mentioned that I doubt that X-Men will ignore the trial of X-23. How do you think they are going to react (especially Wolverine)?

Doesn't matter. Cyclops would let the trial go. Wolverine would go with a team and get his a** kicked
    Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pacperson

Sounds like a good idea for a What-if =p

Probably won't happen...but we can dream

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By MrUnknown
    @Kairan1979: I think Wolverine would definitely go aid Laura even if he had to fight against Steve. I thought Cyclops would allow the trial to commence but what I saw recently with regards to Quentin Quire, I'm not sure how he would react.
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daak1212

@xerox_kitty said:

It would have ended with X-23 becoming a weapon of HAMMER during the Dark Reign. Osborn wouldn't have needed Daken on his Dark X-Men/Dark Avengers. Nimrod would have killed Forge & the New X-Men. Kimura would have been kept in steady employment. The Leper Queen would have killed Boom Boom. Possibly many more X-Men would have died during search for Hope & Cable in Second Coming.

@Kairan1979 said:

@xerox-kitty: I don't think it's going to be so simple.1. I don't believe X-Men will ignore the trial.2. This can cause the crack within the superhero community. Daredevil clearly disapproved of Steve's decision, and I think a lot of heroes will see Laura as a victim, not as a criminal.3. I expect a new wave of anti-mutant histeria. 4. A lot of people X-23 killed were public figures.

Combo of those except I expect that she becomes a a figure for mutant hate, Daredevil tries to appeal the case and gains the support of Xmen and other heroes who dont want to see the mutants be persecuted to such and extreme and people who feel that Laura isnt truly guilty. Captain America and people who do feel that she is guilty will help out Daredevil in the fight of mutant persecution but hope for Laura to still stay locked up. Etc etc fight fight, civil war.2 end of the story is that Daredevil gets Laura off because that she truly cant be held responsible. Cap holds a grudge against her and DD then Civil war happens (The actual one) Cap dies skip over Secret Invasion now onto Osborne and crew

Osborne with knowledge of the Facility X-23 and Kimura snatches up Laura and begins a massive campaign to paint her in a positive light as he did with his Avengers when in truth he only wants her as an assassin with Kimura as handler. Sentry and Laura act as his assassins snubbing out anyone. Yada yada, when Osborne breaks down he goes to the facility to create a bunch more clones of Wolverine/Laura and from their he contacts Daken. Daken will be a Genetic Template and a private assassin and security to kill anyone in the Avengers or Facility if they begin to pose an issue to Norman (In fact Daken is going to be on Thunderbolts) Siege happens, group splits during war because of Ares seeing what Norm is doing and Laura not wanting to be a weapon for Norman. Thunderbolts dissolve as well but Daken has a personal grudge/Curiosity against Laura and he hunts her down in the commotion. Battle commences Osborn snaps and then turns too the Goblin gets clowned by spidey and then he lets Void off the leash. As he lets off Void he lets the clone army off as well. The Avengers now battle the Clone army and the Void. With clone army and Void defeated the battle dies down Laura is still fighting Daken, with all eyes on the securing the battlefield, Daken makes a quick retreat. Captain America talks to Laura (After she is arrested) about her actions, Laura tells him that she is not a weapon even if designed as one, and only wants freedom. Cap tells her that her road to redemption could possibly start as an Avenger. Laura turns him down but the offer still stands in the mean time Daken eliminates the doctors or atleast the remaining scientist and contacts Kimura about destroying Laura and Wolverine. Kimura happily agrees and there off to hunt her. Laura returns to X-men during the time of the Second coming and does the usual thing with the rescue of hope but have a tougher time with Nimrod and crew because of the incident of Anti Mutant hysteria and Laura's trial. After this she is off and does the usual thing UNTIL arc 8. She fights off Malcolm Calcord an the combined assault of Kimura and Daken. After that everything goes normal except she is now more recognizable in the places she goes. In the newest arc where she is in New York her offer to help people is met with hesitation and resistance at first because who she is FF come in and now Spidey, Laura, and Susan are now on an alien land

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.