relationship with Daken

#1 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if (and if so, when) Laura has ever encountered Wolverine's biological son  Daken Akihiro?

#2 Posted by Jake Fury (19188 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmmmm.....I don't think she has...could be wrong though ...
#3 Posted by Mutant God (3081 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah during the battle between X-Men and Dark X-Men
#4 Edited by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I know they encountered and fought each other a little in the background during the X-men/ Dark Avengers Utopia Crossover... 
but unfortunately no real significance or weight was attributed to their clash. 

#5 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God:
Did she have any direct interaction with him or was it just team vs. team?
#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they talk?

#7 Posted by Mutant God (3081 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" Did they talk? "
I don't believe so
#9 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Yea They did only a litte tho..

#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist: That's it then?
#11 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Yup so far.
#12 Posted by MarvelGuy15 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

marjorie Lui has said since she is writing both her and Daken's new books that a crossover between the two is already in the works. I was thinking though, Daken & X-23 are more estranged brother/sister in my mind opposed to genetic nephew/aunt that describes their relationship on some sites, am I right?
#13 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelGuy15: Less "estranged" and more "complete strangers".
#14 Posted by MarvelGuy15 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I love when people say things on forums just to be rude. Well X certainty isn't like an aunt figure to Daken like most comic sites suggest, is she?
#15 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelGuy15:
@WoundingFactor:

I'm not sure WoundingFactor was trying to be rude, just specifing. But I can't speak for him. 
#16 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist: 
What I've picked up was they they've shared minimal banter in battle but nothing beyond that. Is this the case?    
#17 Posted by Asgardian Hulk (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken is old enough to be X-23's father, isn't he?
#18 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Asgardian Hulk: Yea he is around 70 years old
#19 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixie_child: Yup it is hopefully they talk more and i mean actually have a real conversation.=D
#20 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist: It would certanily be an interesting conversation.
#21 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixie_child: I think as far as genetics works in Marvel, She's his father

#22 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin: That part, I did already know. But thanks anyways. ^_^
#23 Posted by DavidPianowski (33 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin: no she is not read x 23 innocence lost it says zander rice is
#24 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@DavidPianowski said:
" @Calvin: no she is not read x 23 innocence lost it says zander rice is "
Isn't Logan his father? Isn't she a Logan's clone? - it's a one plus one situation. It's no my fault that someone else wrote stupid things!
#25 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelGuy15: Take it easy, I wasn't trying to be rude, just pointing out that Daken and X-23 have had virtually zero contact. Definitely agree that they won't have much of a familial relationship.
#26 Posted by MarvelGuy15 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@WoundingFactor , sorry must have been in a bad mood that day. X/Daken have pretty much zero familiar contact, but my main point is gentical they are family aand when I was @ Fanexpo last weekend that they are one just disfunctional and have yet to realize this familiarity that couls be there.
#27 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
" Isn't Logan his father? Isn't she a Logan's clone? - it's a one plus one situation. It's no my fault that someone else wrote stupid things! "

@Calvin:
 Genetically speaking, her parantage is identical to that of Logan's, given that they share nearly identical DNA, only her's is XX and his is XY (the science is beyond silly, but whatever.) Her 'birth mother' -the woman who carried her to term- is Sarah Kinney, which is who Laura thinks of as her mother (and thereor conciders Dr. Kinney's family her's as well).
#28 Posted by 614azrael (10319 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixie_child: lol yes i see it just going grand, "hey ther x my sis long time no see" "ya daken last time i saw u my claws wer in ur throat maybe we can try again" "no lets get some tea il threaten to kill dad an kimura n u can get some icecream before she recuts off ur arm" yes i see this conversation going down great ^_^
#29 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@614azrael:
*snickers* Exactly!
#30 Posted by alicemalice (74 posts) - - Show Bio

At the wolverine goes to hell preview with Daken and x-23 I'll admit I flipped my fangirl shit when I saw the ending to the preview when they noticed they were both on the same trail.  This could get incestuous...but this could just plain get interesting on every level.  I just hope we get somethin!

#31 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@alicemalice: I can't wait to see how they interact with eachother on a personal level.
#32 Posted by alicemalice (74 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist:  I know right? Is he going to flirt? Just disregard her with a joke? With how well Daken has been written in his solo appearances, these characters interacting have a lot of potential.
#33 Posted by velle37 (6060 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 voice:

"Daken.... I am your father......"

#34 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist said:
" @pixie_child: Yup it is hopefully they talk more and i mean actually have a real conversation.=D "
He is 64 years old,
he was draged out of his dying mothers woumb back in 1946

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.