Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2371 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Laura's Personality Change

wanted_angelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wanted_angelus

Was there an issue where Laura actually admitted that she was putting on a fake personality for everyone's benefit? I read Innocence Lost, NYX, Target X, all of The New X-Men, Academy X, all of the crossovers, all the way up to Second Coming, and I missed it. I noticed that she was starting to act like a regular teenager towards the end of the Academy X series. Then, when X-Force started, her personality was pretty much on-the-nose, like Cam in the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Marvel Wikia points out that she had friends, such as Kitty, Rachel and Dust until she revealed herself as "faking" it. I'm just wondering if they actually showed the scene in print or everyone just assumed it happened since her personality reverted so drastically. Thanks!  :P

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_
    @wanted_angelus: Not that I know of and I've read nearly every appearance of her's. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Sounds like some more fan-fic invading comic-fact.  I've seen it happen with a few mysterious/unrevealed backgrounds... but this sounds like a weird thing for someone like Laura to 'fake'.

wanted_angelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wanted_angelus

Yeah, I was wondering. Maybe she was trying to fit in during the school issues by "trying on" personas. We know she's skilled at espionage. Remember the little girl with the crutches, where she cried to meet the Senator? She could have been doing a similar thing to make the others more comfortable around her. But when I started reading X-Force, it was like she had no emotions at all. Dead-pan serious all the time. Lol.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k2

No, I've never seen any instance of Laura saying this. I think the two scenarios were entirely different for her; Laura is a survivor, and a killer, and during X-force, frivolous stuff was not important. She had a mission to do. In New X-men, her mission was to be normal (or as normal as she could be), since that's what Logan wanted for her. That's my take on it anyways =]

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @k2
    No, I've never seen any instance of Laura saying this. I think the two scenarios were entirely different for her; Laura is a survivor, and a killer, and during X-force, frivolous stuff was not important. She had a mission to do. In New X-men, her mission was to be normal (or as normal as she could be), since that's what Logan wanted for her. That's my take on it anyways =]
    Agreed.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

when she first came to the mansion she acted more feral to keep people from getting to close to her...she did that until Wolverine told her to knock it off

wanted_angelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wanted_angelus
    I guess it was sort of an act then, if she was only pretending to be normal, as if fitting in was a mission. I guess she slipped back in Black Operative mode when she joined X-Force and was "on-misison" all the time.
    DrSumtincool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DrSumtincool

only thing I can think of is she told Cyke she wasn't going to pretend to be a kid to make him feel better in X-23 #1

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By fbdarkangel
    @DrSumtincool said:

" only thing I can think of is she told Cyke she wasn't going to pretend to be a kid to make him feel better in X-23 #1 "

yeah that was one of the best moments in X-men history!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.