Laura's a vampire!.... wait... what?!

Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

here's the cover X-23 #2 

X-23 #2
hey as long as she doesn't sparkle, I'm ok with it! 
what do you guys think?
#1 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry I meant to put this on the x-23 blog!

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel said:
" sorry I meant to put this on the x-23 blog! "
Fixed.
#3 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: thank you! what do you think of Vampiric Laura?
#4 Edited by Cherry Bomb (3179 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice art.

wouldn't it be like impossible?
I'm sure Vampirism is sort of like, a disease, kind of, or works in the same way like an infection ... so wouldn't her body just imediately heal itself and prevent her from becomming one?

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: If it's a cover, it's not set in stone. I'll wait for it to actually happen.
#6 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: that's what I thought too! 
@Nobody: fair enough!
#7 Posted by Lance Uppercut (22979 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: Yeah, that's what happened to Wolverine when Blade injected him with vampirism. Can't wait to see how it turns out. 
#8 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3179 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cherry Bomb: Yeah, that's what happened to Wolverine when Blade injected him with vampirism. Can't wait to see how it turns out.  "
meh, it's total PIS
#9 Posted by Lance Uppercut (22979 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: Jubilees gonna be a vampire too. I think. Nobody may be right though. I could just be an alt. cover.
#10 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, it's a vampire variant, most comics in October have a Vampire variant. It doesn't mean anything

#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
" Nice art.  wouldn't it be like impossible? I'm sure Vampirism is sort of like, a disease, kind of, or works in the same way like an infection ... so wouldn't her body just imediately heal itself and prevent her from becomming one? "
Depends. It could be argued that because of it's mystical origin, the healing factor can't  fight off this disease. Look at Marvel Zombies(I know not cannon for 616, just saying).
#12 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3179 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  yeah, they had a cover of Emma being a vampire, and I don't think that will happen. :/  and yay, I love Jubilee.
#13 Posted by Lance Uppercut (22979 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: Emma's already too emotionally cold to be a vampire xP 
#14 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:
" Dude, it's a vampire variant, most comics in October have a Vampire variant. It doesn't mean anything "
still... it'd be kinda cool!
#15 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3179 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" Nice art.  wouldn't it be like impossible? I'm sure Vampirism is sort of like, a disease, kind of, or works in the same way like an infection ... so wouldn't her body just imediately heal itself and prevent her from becomming one? "
Depends. It could be argued that because of it's mystical origin, the healing factor can't  fight off this disease. Look at Marvel Zombies(I know not cannon for 616, just saying). "
true, well Lance said it didn't work on Wolverine  too :/ so I'm not sure.
#16 Posted by Lance Uppercut (22979 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: Well, it turns out I was wrong about that. Apparently it would have effected him. My bad on that one. 
#17 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

odds are its a variant

#18 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3179 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  fair enough, but still, it doesn't seem practical that it would actually work
#19 Posted by Lance Uppercut (22979 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: No, it doesn't. That's always weirded me out. How can someone like Wolverine be harmed by what's essentially a disease. And his son has tattoos, but the ink doesn't get rejected? I dunno. 
#20 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3179 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  well the ink might of like, stained his skin? idk.
#21 Posted by Lance Uppercut (22979 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: LOL "Screw it, I'm never showering again."
#22 Posted by manofsteel42 (216 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool to see if she was a vampire for a while and she looks Fine
#23 Posted by Hunter114 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

How are they explaining vaparism in the story cause it is usually likened to a sexually transmitted disease, which I think would be covered by Laura's healing factor?
#24 Posted by LauraX23 (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

When does it come out 

#25 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
@LauraX23: october!
#26 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
@manofsteel42 said:
" It would be cool to see if she was a vampire for a while and she looks Fine "
meh she kinda looks like a man in that one!
#27 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this is a thread that should never have been made.  There was already an Article about Marvel's Vampire variants in October.  There are Vampire Variants for other characters too...

Wolverine #2

Invincible Iron Man #31

Fantastic Four #584

Daken: Dark Wolverine #2

Secret Avengers #6

Captain America #611

#29 Posted by X-23_2513 (397 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't no if she's really goning to become a vampire they might just be fooling us with the cover and I also dont see how it could work, but who knows.

#30 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

As others said, most probably it's an alt cover.

#31 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: @X-23_2513: Look at the other variants I've just posted.  It is a Vampire Variant month, just as there have been Zombie Variant months in the past.
#32 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 
Yes, I just saw them. Some of them are very good.
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

If Silver Surfer can be a Zombie than why not?

#34 Posted by umbrafeline (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

laura as a vampyre i think it could work but why is everyone on xforce grey?
#35 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: ha I love that secret avengers cover!
#36 Edited by Mantaray (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: 
Noway!! Nuhh-huhh! Laura would never allow someone other that Julian to get close enough to bite her. Besides, her blood is immune to infiltrating virus's and disease. If she was a Vampire, then she'd fit in with other vampires, and Laura's always eternally rejected. HA! So I say hoax to scare us. I personally wouldn't want her to be a vampire, she's too cool to join that clique.
#37 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mantaray said:
" @fbdarkangel: 
Noway!! Nuhh-huhh! Laura would never allow someone other that Julian to get close enough to bite her. Besides, her blood is immune to infiltrating virus's and disease. If she was a Vampire, then she'd fit in with other vampires, and Laura's always eternally rejected. HA! So I say hoax to scare us. I personally wouldn't want her to be a vampire, she's too cool to join that clique.
"
wow never thought of it that way!
#38 Posted by DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO (313 posts) - - Show Bio

ohhhh nooooo commee on what is that laura as a vampire i don´t know if i should laugh or should i go insane...... !!!! this is the worst idea of live

#39 Posted by theiconic (912 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Vamps.....  Bloody  Horrible    pun intended,    see  this is wut happens wen disney takes over  i warned

#40 Posted by LauraX23 (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

She is not going to be a vampire ..... lol

#41 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
@LauraX23: it's good to dream! kidding!
#42 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:

" @Cherry Bomb: No, it doesn't. That's always weirded me out. How can someone like Wolverine be harmed by what's essentially a disease. And his son has tattoos, but the ink doesn't get rejected? I dunno.  "

Ive never thought about that. Hmmm... The writers shouldve thought about that before giving daken tattoos.
#43 Posted by Mantaray (20 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, X-23's actually really close to being a vampire already now that I think of it.
#44 Posted by Mantaray (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: 
Whoa! Just looked in the Marvel Previews rag, yup, Variant Cover to X-23 #2. Not that I doubted, but still wondering what kind of story line would go with that ??? We'll see!!
#45 Posted by ka385385 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel:
she bite by Blackout or Morbius? I hope Blade won't find her.
#46 Posted by Mantaray (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel:
I was so overjoyed when I read X-Men #2: Curse of the Mutants! She was only featured on one page, not saying a thing, but she was there!! YAY! Standing i9n uniform with the other X-Men looking at the modified Cerebrus board. Thank god! what a treat to at least see her in story line. Me thinks she's gonna have a good fight with the vampires, cuz her protective blood won't probably allow her to transform. YAY! ....but then again, she'd probably have more friends as a vampire, cuz she's such a night owl.
#47 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you! No sparkling!

#48 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
welllllllllllll it didnt start like one, let's put it that way. For all i care it's magic / a curse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.