Laura's a Puss

#1 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

In her portrayal in Uncanny X-Men.
I hated how they made her talk to herself, laura doesn't speak really, esp. at that age and in those circumstances.
She was doing all this hub bub side work for food for a friend who fed her scraps whens he was homeless :/

I couldn't even finish the part where she went to fight the giant corny telepathic lizards.
Agree?
(oh and on a side note isn't storm just the cutest Diva ever?)

#2 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you so negative?

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Laura Kinney..you take that back.

Moderator
#4 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zoom said:

"

Why are you so negative?

"


 

Negative Nelly
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I love Laura Kinney..you take that back. "
In her defence, lioneta's slagging off Matt Fraction's script, not x-23 herself.  And I sort of agree... Leave Laura out of Uncanny.  Just have her in X-Force with the writers who know how to write her :)
Moderator
#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"

@Zoom said:

"

Why are you so negative?

"


 

Negative Nelly
"

XD
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone written by Matt Fraction Sucks

Moderator
#8 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

It sucks when writers write characters when they can't actually write for that person. For example, I HATE Daniel Way writing for Deadpool, but I don't mind some of his other stuff. I haven't read anything else but Uncanny by Fraction, so I have no comparisons. I don't mind his stuff though, but there are definitely better writers out there.

#9 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I love Laura Kinney..you take that back. "
In her defence, lioneta's slagging off Matt Fraction's script, not x-23 herself.  And I sort of agree... Leave Laura out of Uncanny.  Just have her in X-Force with the writers who know how to write her :)
"
She wasn't dark enough for the role, hell she made friends :/
She's best staring at people and observing human behavior as if she wasn't one herself.
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta said:
"@xerox-kitty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I love Laura Kinney..you take that back. "
In her defence, lioneta's slagging off Matt Fraction's script, not x-23 herself.  And I sort of agree... Leave Laura out of Uncanny.  Just have her in X-Force with the writers who know how to write her :)
"
She wasn't dark enough for the role, hell she made friends :/She's best staring at people and observing human behavior as if she wasn't one herself."

She began to make friends in New X-Men when it was written by Kyle & Yost.  They're her creators, so if they want her to make friends then she should.  They're the ones who wrote the Innocence Lost & Target X minis where she was deprived human contact unless it was in combat, and eventually made friends with her cousin... only to lose her again.  It isn't wrong that Laura has friends.  It's how she reacts to them when written by inferior writers that's wrong.
Moderator
#11 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Laura makes friends. It's only the way her responses are written that are wrong--when they write her as if she has experience dealing with people, and knows how to categorize emotions she's having. I hate any writer (aka Claremont) who makes a character think in thought bubbles, or say their thoughts out loud. It's retarded. If you can't tell what the character is thinking from their actions and expressions, then the writer/artist team is doing a effin bad job.

#12 Edited by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @lioneta said:
"@xerox-kitty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I love Laura Kinney..you take that back. "
In her defence, lioneta's slagging off Matt Fraction's script, not x-23 herself.  And I sort of agree... Leave Laura out of Uncanny.  Just have her in X-Force with the writers who know how to write her :)
"
She wasn't dark enough for the role, hell she made friends :/She's best staring at people and observing human behavior as if she wasn't one herself."
She began to make friends in New X-Men when it was written by Kyle & Yost.  They're her creators, so if they want her to make friends then she should.  They're the ones who wrote the Innocence Lost & Target X minis where she was deprived human contact unless it was in combat, and eventually made friends with her cousin... only to lose her again.  It isn't wrong that Laura has friends.  It's how she reacts to them when written by inferior writers that's wrong. "
No, I am explaining myself wrong.
I meant she would sort of be, "pep in her step" it seemed like when in teh Uncanny issues.
I understand that she makes friends, I have read almost everything she's been in, but I like that she still is very off.....there isn't much human emotion and she is always studious of our species.

Fuck I don't know how to splain' I'm tired ;{
#13 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how this is being a puss..




#14 Posted by inferiorego (22403 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @lioneta said:
"@xerox-kitty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I love Laura Kinney..you take that back. "
In her defence, lioneta's slagging off Matt Fraction's script, not x-23 herself.  And I sort of agree... Leave Laura out of Uncanny.  Just have her in X-Force with the writers who know how to write her :) "
She wasn't dark enough for the role, hell she made friends :/She's best staring at people and observing human behavior as if she wasn't one herself."
She began to make friends in New X-Men when it was written by Kyle & Yost.  They're her creators, so if they want her to make friends then she should.  They're the ones who wrote the Innocence Lost & Target X minis where she was deprived human contact unless it was in combat, and eventually made friends with her cousin... only to lose her again.  It isn't wrong that Laura has friends.  It's how she reacts to them when written by inferior writers that's wrong. "
No, I am explaining myself wrong.I meant she would sort of be, "pep in her step" it seemed like when in teh Uncanny issues.I understand that she makes friends, I have read almost everything she's been in, but I like that she still is very off.....there isn't much human emotion and she is always studious of our species.F**k I don't know how to splain' I'm tired ;{ "
Please censor your cussing, it's not hard.
Staff
#15 Edited by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" I don't see how this is being a puss..


"
How is it that everyone is missing my very obvious point?
I didn't like her in the stint in Uncanny X-Men where she fought boring man/lizards.

Other then that lauras my favorite character.

Oh, and X-Force rules 8}

#16 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @lioneta said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @lioneta said:
"@xerox-kitty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I love Laura Kinney..you take that back. "
In her defence, lioneta's slagging off Matt Fraction's script, not x-23 herself.  And I sort of agree... Leave Laura out of Uncanny.  Just have her in X-Force with the writers who know how to write her :) "
She wasn't dark enough for the role, hell she made friends :/She's best staring at people and observing human behavior as if she wasn't one herself."
She began to make friends in New X-Men when it was written by Kyle & Yost.  They're her creators, so if they want her to make friends then she should.  They're the ones who wrote the Innocence Lost & Target X minis where she was deprived human contact unless it was in combat, and eventually made friends with her cousin... only to lose her again.  It isn't wrong that Laura has friends.  It's how she reacts to them when written by inferior writers that's wrong. "
No, I am explaining myself wrong.I meant she would sort of be, "pep in her step" it seemed like when in teh Uncanny issues.I understand that she makes friends, I have read almost everything she's been in, but I like that she still is very off.....there isn't much human emotion and she is always studious of our species.F**k I don't know how to splain' I'm tired ;{ "
Please censor your cussing, it's not hard. "
omg it really is you have no idea....
I'm so sorry I keep getting warned, I don't even realize that Im typing it just like in real life I don't even realize I'm saying it.
I work at a bar so there is no filter ;{

Sorry
U_U
#17 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio

ohh, how did i miss that part?

ur right they could of done way more with her in uncanny...

#18 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" ohh, how did i miss that part?ur right they could of done way more with her in uncanny... "
I haven't even finished reading it. I digg'd the series for a bit but....man/lizards?
Not my thing ;/
#19 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" ohh, how did i miss that part?ur right they could of done way more with her in uncanny... "
I haven't even finished reading it. I digg'd the series for a bit but....man/lizards?Not my thing ;/ "
OMG, i know right!!
#20 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't even read it. It sounds awesome (not). Oh well...I wouldn't worry, almost everyone in UXM was out of character. And the continuity stinks like dead fish in the sun. They had Elixir smiling and doing yoga with the cuckoos while in X-force he was in the future, nearly dying, then coming back and losing friends to Legacy attacks. Hellion was being held captive by two different organizations at once. Surge was shown running around, having the time of her life, while she, too, was held captive and full of Legacy virus. There's been no explanation if the events of UXM happen before X-force or vice versa. If UXM happened after, I seriously doubt some of the characters would seem so chipper. A better writer would check out what's going on in the other comic that his characters are starring in before writing stories about them (how much would it cost him to read the comic? seriously?) Therefore, I'm not surprised to hear that some of the stories are quite...um, man-lizardish, and that X-23 is out of character.

On the whole continuity thing...I'm thinking Marvel should get a board in their office. You know, like a corkboard or something (or, omg! a dry-erase board), and pin up a sheet of which character is being used where (with a small one-liner description, such as "dead", "hostage", "crazy", etc). I could roughly estimate it would cost them $30 for a big one. I'm tempted to just send them one (I work in an office supply store) with instructions for use. Bet it'd clear up a bunch of problems right quick!


#21 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, are you talking about her Chris Claremont run? Because that truly and royally sucked more than anything else I've ever read (not a fan of Claremont at all).

#22 Edited by OUTSIDER40 (23 posts) - - Show Bio
 
What do you think about her in Marvel Team-up? she was out of character in that all lovely dovely with Gravity under the pen of writer Robert Kirkman 
#23 Posted by onigamegeek (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Different Marvel side story, different traits to characters. Its called if you're going to have her in this side story of the X-Men, keep her character together as whole. Plus I agree a bit, she was trained to be a weapon and to follow orders, she probably doesn't speak till spoken to or addressed. But she is probably well mannered. 
 
Pffft. Telepathic lizards.... very old scifi but it is amusing, they probably did that to her in uncanny X-men to show her lighter side. All characters have different angles to them, they don't necessarily have to stick to one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.