Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Is she immortal?

clara781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clara781

I read target X and a few X-Men comics where X-23 appears. I saw that when she had really a lot of damages she healed really fast and even with the nek broke by Kimura she is still alive. So i'm wondering if there's a way she could get killed.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Of course there is, many. push her into a black hole, let magneto have a try, fry her brain cells, etc.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

She is just like Wolverine. She will die of old age if she is not killed.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Her regenerative cells either replace older cells or just slow them down enough so she appears not to age. But if they do replace older cells, then she will be that age for the rest of her life.

clara781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By clara781
    Voidheart said:
    "Of course there is, many. push her into a black hole, let magneto have a try, fry her brain cells, etc."

Wow, you've got good ideas. You're a professional killer lol

Supreme Marvel said:
    "Her regenerative cells either replace older cells or just slow them down enough so she appears not to age. But if they do replace older cells, then she will be that age for the rest of her life."
    Comic characters don't get older...

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By pixelized
    clara781 said:
    "Supreme Marvel said:
    "Her regenerative cells either replace older cells or just slow them down enough so she appears not to age. But if they do replace older cells, then she will be that age for the rest of her life."
     "
    they really do
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    clara781 said:
    "Voidheart said:
    "Of course there is, many. push her into a black hole, let magneto have a try, fry her brain cells, etc."

Wow, you've got good ideas. You're a professional killer lol

Supreme Marvel said:
     "
    Billy Batson was around 13 when he started off as Captain Marvel, and now he's 15 or 16. So they do, it just takes a long long time.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    Supreme Marvel said:
    Her healing factor may eventually slow down........................ so she will eventually age, but yes as long as her old cells are replaced constantly she will remain at the age. Though, at the momment that is not happening.
    weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By weaponxx

Question: IF her healing factor is like Wolverine, then it is stated that his healing factor actually increases over time but it is hard to tell in his case because his body is always overworked battling the adamantium in his body. Soooo, does her healing factor increase over time?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Erik

The healing factor does not increase over time. It power increases with the workload. So the more they need it, the better it gets. X-23's healing is noticeably better than Wolverine's according to her. I can assure you though, that if Wolverine could drop the adamantium his healing factor would speed blitz hers.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By weaponxx
    erik said:
    "The healing factor does not increase over time. It power increases with the workload. So the more they need it, the better it gets. X-23's healing is noticeably better than Wolverine's according to her. I can assure you though, that if Wolverine could drop the adamantium his healing factor would speed blitz hers."
    Wait, what is the difference with it increasing over time and its power increasing with workload? Thanks!
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

wolverine's healing factor is much less then x-23's because his is constantly working against the adamanitum poisoning

in the future realities wolverine starts to show his age....especially in old man logan
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erik
    weaponx said:
    "erik said:
    "The healing factor does not increase over time. It power increases with the workload. So the more they need it, the better it gets. X-23's healing is noticeably better than Wolverine's according to her. I can assure you though, that if Wolverine could drop the adamantium his healing factor would speed blitz hers."
    Wait, what is the difference with it increasing over time and its power increasing with workload? Thanks!"
    Well, if we were to take the adamantium skeleton off of Wolverine, I have no doubt that he would out heal her very easily. He has had to deal with adamantium poisoning for 15+ years. Constantly trying to make up for not being able to produce red blood cells as well.
    AgentOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By AgentOrange

Well the reason her healing factor is better the wolverines may not be because it actually is better then wolverines, it's because she's a woman and complains less about illness and injury  then guy's do, so I'm told constantly every time i have a cold and say it's obviously Swine flu

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty

Actually that's just "man flu" and it means you're a wimp.  

I don't think X is immortal, although she is likely to live a few more centuries than Logan or Mystique... unless someone cuts her head off first :p
    Shaianwillems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Shaianwillems

if Wolverine isnt Immortall, Then the chances that she is,are very Low. =/

lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lioneta
    @erik: She's a genetic clone. Just because he's been around longer doesn't mean his DNA is any different in s woman.
    I'd say it would be the same.
    Avatar image for ben_doverand_taykit
    Ben Doverand Taykit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
    "The healing factor does not increase over time. It power increases with the workload. So the more they need it, the better it gets. X-23's healing is noticeably better than Wolverine's according to her. I can assure you though, that if Wolverine could drop the adamantium his healing factor would speed blitz hers. "

Back when wolverine had his adamantium removed by mags, after the realization that he had bone claws, it was shown that unlike most mutants his mutation was continuous. He would continue to mutate and his powers would increase and increase while he himself became more beast like. The only thing that stopped this mutation was the adamantium on his bones. So if X-23 is a clone of Logan than that would most likely mean eventually her powers will begin to increase like Wolvy's did. It is possible that it won't happem because she isn't an exact clone but it is possible it will.
    lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lioneta
    @Ben Doverand Taykit said:
    " @erik said:
    "The healing factor does not increase over time. It power increases with the workload. So the more they need it, the better it gets. X-23's healing is noticeably better than Wolverine's according to her. I can assure you though, that if Wolverine could drop the adamantium his healing factor would speed blitz hers. "
    Back when wolverine had his adamantium removed by mags, after the realization that he had bone claws, it was shown that unlike most mutants his mutation was continuous. He would continue to mutate and his powers would increase and increase while he himself became more beast like.
    That sounds like an interesting issue~ Care to point a gal in teh right direction for this read?
    Avatar image for ben_doverand_taykit
    Ben Doverand Taykit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioneta said:
    "@Ben Doverand Taykit said:
    " @erik said:
    Back when wolverine had his adamantium removed by mags, after the realization that he had bone claws, it was shown that unlike most mutants his mutation was continuous. He would continue to mutate and his powers would increase and increase while he himself became more beast like.
    That sounds like an interesting issue~ Care to point a gal in teh right direction for this read?"

I believe it is Wolverine #91
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erik
    @lioneta said:
    " @erik: She's a genetic clone. Just because he's been around longer doesn't mean his DNA is any different in s woman.I'd say it would be the same. "
    Your reply has nothing to do with what I said. At all. Wolverine's healing factor has been under constant stress for longer than X-23 has even been alive and even longer than she has even had an active X gene. His healing factor now far surpasses what it was when he was at the Weapon X facility. I do not even know how you thought I was comparing the genders. His power can handle more because it has handled more. Just like with most super heroes, a power usually increases with use. 
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @erik: where have you been?
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erik
    @inferiorego said:
    " @erik: where have you been? "
    I took a leave of absence because I was tired of dealing with one of the members but I got over it. How have you been IE? I see you have been upgraded to Staff. That is pretty awesome. 
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik

Okay, so how old is she in comics as of now? 

bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bioghost

i believe domiono said 17 or 16
    LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LauraX23
    @erik said:
    "Okay, so how old is she in comics as of now?  "

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

Yes, she is definitely mortal.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Is anyone actually mortal in the Marvel Universe? How many people in all of Marvel have actually remained dead? Didn't even Aunt May come back to life? Seems the only person they are determined to keep in the grave is Gwen Stacy.

This should sum things up nicely.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#29  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @FoxxFireArt: That's GENIUS!  And very true!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.