I really wanna see X23 with her new cosmic powers.. why CANCEL!?

#1 Edited by ethanrjc (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I really thought that her most recent story arc was an interesting development for her character... instead of just being another character running around with claws, she could REALLY divide herself from the likes of her "brother" Daken and being a "clone" of Wolverine by possessing the COSMIC powers and abilities of CAPTAIN UNIVERSE.

Now to me, that just makes her all that much more interesting as a character. Since this series is being rudely interrupted by CANCELLATION, i really hope we get to see future writers implement this story into X23's future.

Lethal Savior Captain Universe
#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@ethanrjc: All this untapped potential is going to drive me nuts, i was getting so excited

#3 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- The story arc was so far from the characters roots it may very well have been one of the nails in the coffin for her title.

- Unless Marvel was really considering moving her to the cosmic line (which is unlikely), the arc was pretty much pointless IMO and detoured from her journey of self discovery way to early into the title.

- I should mention that I think the entire Captain Universe concept is not very good, and the character was much better off without it.

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Why was X-23 cancelled?
  • X-23 gets cosmic powers
  • Questioned answered
#5 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like she justgot selected by the Uni Orb or whatever it's called which is temporary anyway. she wasn't going to have those cosmic powers forever no matter what.

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, really not liking the idea of her with cosmic powers

#7 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I don't think the cosmic powers is a good idea. As a fan of X-23, I would much rather see her trying to settle in with the Future Foundation. They could be something of a second family for her, which would be really nice.

#8 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

x-23 in the future fodation seems like a good idea. maybe even be a member of the book and be featured in it

#9 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Honestly, I don't think the cosmic powers is a good idea. As a fan of X-23, I would much rather see her trying to settle in with the Future Foundation. They could be something of a second family for her, which would be really nice.

@moywar700 said:

x-23 in the future fodation seems like a good idea. maybe even be a member of the book and be featured in it

I could get behind this. I just hope she finds a more definitive home soon. I don't really want to book hop to keep track of her, but I will. Hopefully she sticks around with the Avengers Academy a while.

#10 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

rolf x-23 on issue 23 for avengers academy! almost forgot she was in there

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

Many characters have been Captain Universe, such as Hulk, Spider man and Juggernaut so those were never meant to be permanent abilities she just happened to be chosen by the Uni force this time, next time it shows up it'll go to some one else

#12 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
She had already acquired the Uni-Power once long before Liu did it. Rehashed concept for the win.
#13 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Yeah, really not liking the idea of her with cosmic powers

#14 Edited by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Cosmic is the best Marvel, and anything to make her different from Wolverine is a good thing. Besides, nobody else is using the uni-power.

I have no problem with her being the "cosmic wolverine."

#15 Posted by frogjitsu (476 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: I can see that being the title of a book: "Cosmic Wolverine". I'm surprised hasn't used this one yet.

#16 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

When has she had this Captain Universe power before.??

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

She had already acquired the Uni-Power once long before Liu did it. Rehashed concept for the win.

When?

#18 Posted by frogjitsu (476 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- The story arc was so far from the characters roots it may very well have been one of the nails in the coffin for her title.

- Unless Marvel was really considering moving her to the cosmic line (which is unlikely), the arc was pretty much pointless IMO and detoured from her journey of self discovery way to early into the title.

- I should mention that I think the entire Captain Universe concept is not very good, and the character was much better off without it.

Roots? Um if she stayed with her roots she would just be a killer, her title was about moving past her roots and becoming something more.

-The cosmic power was never going to be permanent but it was used more as a reference to the symbol on laura's hand(the snowflake) which was to prove her as being more than a clone/weapon and thus deal with the concept of her having a soul

-I just liked that they dealt with captain marvel as a group because it was a bonding experience for laura to have with spiderman and sue, it was never the real focus of that arc but the catalyst for her interactions with the FF

#20 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

Roots? Um if she stayed with her roots she would just be a killer, her title was about moving past her roots and becoming something more.

-The cosmic power was never going to be permanent but it was used more as a reference to the symbol on laura's hand(the snowflake) which was to prove her as being more than a clone/weapon and thus deal with the concept of her having a soul

-I just liked that they dealt with captain marvel as a group because it was a bonding experience for laura to have with spiderman and sue, it was never the real focus of that arc but the catalyst for her interactions with the FF

- By roots I meant the point of the title, her journey, not her past as a character

- I understand that the idea of giving her cosmic powers was never going to be permanent, I just found the whole storyline to be pointless and did not fit with the tone of the rest of the issues. I personally think the Captain Universe concept is lame and did nothing for the character.

- There were a lot more ways they could set up a team up and/or bonding experience that fit better IMO

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.