How's her portrayal in Venom?

#1 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't picked up Venom #13 yet, so I wanted to get someone else's opinion first. Is she written properly? I don't want to waste money on it if she's taken completely off the saddle that Majorie Liu had her on.

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

So far it's good actually, she seems within character and I think she is being handled well. I don't think she will be out of character during this event it actually feels like it would be part of her ongoing

#3 Posted by volnaib (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom 13.1 has left me disappointed. Is it enough to say she cried "Dammit!" in the issue?

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked her more in 13 than 13.1.

Then again, Remender > Williams any day.

#5 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

At first it was kinda odd, but so far its been solid. This event feels like what fear itself should have been.

#6 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not too disturbed by her portrayal. Out of character in some of her phrasing, and there was one scene with a guy in a hotel I didn't find too in her style (I'd expect Laura to say very little in that situation), but seeing as it's a miniseries, not too bad, and was interested to see the clones of her concept.

#7 Posted by Wishful_Thinker (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's meh. Her phrasing is out of character and I just think it's an issue that was dealt with in the first arc of her ongoing so why bother with it again?

#8 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot to mention (I'm not sure how I forgot this...maybe I was so traumatized by it that my brain wrote right over it?) the ending of issue #13 is super sucky. The son of the devil conjures up an opposite of each hero character, and X-23's is this weird, over-the-top happy looking cheerleader called X-666 covered in cuts. Like, wow...barf. So yeah...I don't know how good a read it will be in the long run, if this shows up much. If she kills it immediately, the story might be salvageable...other than that... o_______O

#9 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildValentine: In my opinion it has been solid. She is written better in 13.2 particularly. So far as an event itself, its been a pretty intriguing read.

#10 Posted by evanescencefan91 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

ok/not bad

#11 Posted by healed1337 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

13.3 wasn't very good on the X-23 front. It was particularly bad when she refers to the trigger scent as "the pheromone," which is both factually inaccurate and out of character. I'm too tired to say anything else at the moment.

#12 Posted by ka385385 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think Ghost Rider should be Johnny Blaze ,he head up with her once and that's the first time she meet The Spirit of Vengeance ,and than Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2 said:

I forgot to mention (I'm not sure how I forgot this...maybe I was so traumatized by it that my brain wrote right over it?) the ending of issue #13 is super sucky. The son of the devil conjures up an opposite of each hero character, and X-23's is this weird, over-the-top happy looking cheerleader called X-666 covered in cuts. Like, wow...barf. So yeah...I don't know how good a read it will be in the long run, if this shows up much. If she kills it immediately, the story might be salvageable...other than that... o_______O

X-666 is cool. Her entire purpose is to annoy Laura on looks alone, and then preach the true meaning of hell to her.

Also she has spiked pom-poms of death.

#14 Posted by ka385385 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone tell me if Johnny Blaze is part or this or not?

#15 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@ka385385: yes

#16 Posted by ka385385 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29:

Thanks ,i want to see he head up with x-23 once again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.