Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Holy ~ X-Force #18 cover

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By k2

Is Laura about to get an...extreme makeover adamantium edition?

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=12635

=O !!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm aware, could just be a cover. Interesting concept though.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

I can't wait for this! The "Not Forgotten" arc will be awesome. I really want to know if Hellion's going to live, though, the ending might have been spoiled in the fact that Surge is alive in Uncanny #509 (however, it's quite possible that this issue was et before "Suicide Leper").

As for Laura, my guess would be that she'll get captured by the HAMMER Agents, Morales and someone else, who are after her.
    I could see her being captured after X-Force have savedHellion and Surge from near death at the UN building (I hope).

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Yes, it's just the cover.  And she's already got shiney shiney claws, so I'm guessing that it's just HAMMER keeping her sedated.  This does seem to be the issue that everything's been building up to...

Laura's also on another cover this month. 

X-Force #18
    X-Force #18

Dark Avengers #8
    Dark Avengers #8

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John Valentine
    I hope that they are only keeping her under sedation, and not casting adamantium onto her bones.

The Dark Avengers / Uncanny X-Men crossover should be ok. Though I'm getting a bit annoyed with all of the continuity atm... Surge was being held be the Leper Queen in X-Force #13, yet she's running through SF China Town in Uncanny #509? Wolverine's fighting the Sisterhood in Uncanny #509 and he's meant to be in the future with X-Force? X-23 is presumably captured in X-Force #17, but she's in the next month's issue of Dark Avengers.
    I wish some sense of continuity would be established before the stories have finished.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By dane

Aww Lauras cute. Hope she kills Norman Osborn for me.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John Valentine said:
    " I wish some sense of continuity would be established before the stories have finished. "

You said it (without ranting, like I would have).  I'm surprised she doesn't have the Adamantium already.  I knew she had metal claws, so I just assumed she's been through everything like Wolvie.
    Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctor Damn

...Does Wolverine have a metal arm...?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Doctor Damn said:
    "...Does Wolverine have a metal arm...?"

Huh...?
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine
    @Doctor Damn said:
    "...Does Wolverine have a metal arm...?"
    Nope - it's his X-Force uniform's glove. It'd be cool if he did though.

@xerox-kitty said:
    I'm surprised she doesn't have the Adamantium already.  I knew she had metal claws, so I just assumed she's been through everything like Wolvie. "

Nah, she escaped from the facility before the complete bonding process could take place. I think she would have been too young for it to occur.
    Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctor Damn

The glove he's wearing or something looks like it's made of metal or something. But it may be just me and my lack of sleep. :]

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine
    @Doctor Damn said:
    "The glove he's wearing or something looks like it's made of metal or something. But it may be just me and my lack of sleep. :]"

No Caption Provided

X-Force #9 (2008)
    X-Force #9 (2008)

I'm pretty sure that it's just his glove.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

Oh yeah... shiney glove.  I don't think Marvel would go for yet another metal armed mutant.  Not just yet :p

Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Doctor Damn

On the other hand, it looks like Daken's getting his bones bonded with some sort of metal...I wonder if it's the Muramasa that he's getting bonded to him. ;o

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine
    @Doctor Damn said:
    "On the other hand, it looks like Daken's getting his bones bonded with some sort of metal...I wonder if it's the Muramasa that he's getting bonded to him. ;o"

Wouldn't that stop his skin from healing when he retracts them?
    Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Doctor Damn

I have no idea, but apparently that's his plan since taking it from Cyclops. I would imagine it would negate his healing factor, too. They'll probably BS some excuse.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John Valentine
    @Doctor Damn said:
    "I have no idea, but apparently that's his plan since taking it from Cyclops. I would imagine it would negate his healing factor, too. They'll probably BS some excuse."
    Cyclops should have destroyed him.
    Avatar image for the_cracked_genome
    The Cracked Genome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

OH MY GOD!!! X-23 VS DAKEN!!! I THINK I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS!!!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John Valentine
    @The Cracked Genome said:
    "OH MY GOD!!! X-23 VS DAKEN!!! I THINK I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS!!! "

Ok mate.....
    The Cracked Genome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:
    "
    "OH MY GOD!!! X-23 VS DAKEN!!! I THINK I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS!!! "
    Ok mate....."

Metaphorically speaking.

It's a fight I'm greatly looking forward too! When Wolverine fights him he doesn't want to hurt his son... Laura however won't give a shit

It's about time someone kicked his ass.
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Scourge
    Why is Daken missing a claw? :p
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Slinger
    @Fresh Prince said:
    " Why is Daken missing a claw? :p
    "
    I assume he can control them independently like Wolverine can. He just hasn't "popped" it.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k2
    @John Valentine said:
    " I can't wait for this! The "Not Forgotten" arc will be awesome. I really want to know if Hellion's going to live, though, the ending might have been spoiled in the fact that Surge is alive in Uncanny #509 (however, it's quite possible that this issue was et before "Suicide Leper").As for Laura, my guess would be that she'll get captured by the HAMMER Agents, Morales and someone else, who are after her.I could see her being captured after X-Force have savedHellion and Surge from near death at the UN building (I hope). "
    You said it...and because K&Y are a @&(!&@$)*!($%_#@!!!#!@*)*#@! (i think i just invented a new swearword), they'll do it just before Hellion and X-23 have a moment of screen time. Or just as they are having one.

The reason I wonder about the adamantium is because Laura's covered in the spikes, like Logan was when he received the implants. Remember, the plan was to coat Laura's skeleton, but she was too young, and they were afraid it would retard the growth of her bones. She's not growing in size that much anymore...I wouldn't be surprised if that's the next step--fits the description too: "The fallout from MESSIAH WAR continues! X-23 is missing, and as horrific as her life has been...it's about to get worse."

Can't wait!

Also, I support a Daken vs. X-23 fight. Daken's actually going to enter a fic I'm writing ATM. And if you're talking about Daken seeming to have two claws...his third one is on the inside of his wrist. Just like Laura has the third claws in her feet. They all have three but in different areas, for various reasons. Also I read it suggested that Daken's claws are kerotin, because they are dark and not bone-white like Logan's and Laura's.

And, I agree with the continuity. I looked at the Dark Avengers cover and I was like...wtf, come on, she's in the effing future... I've already made my annoyance over Nori's appearance in 509 known. Laura's also appearing in 510. I know how they're going to explain Laura's being in three places at once: she's not the only clone. She didn't notice a few bubbles when she was destroying them in Innocence lost. There! Problem solved! I will sell that idea to marvel for $3.99, plus shipping and handling.

The Cracked Genome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k2 said:

"
    @John Valentine said:
    " I can't wait for this! The "Not Forgotten" arc will be awesome. I really want to know if Hellion's going to live, though, the ending might have been spoiled in the fact that Surge is alive in Uncanny #509 (however, it's quite possible that this issue was et before "Suicide Leper").As for Laura, my guess would be that she'll get captured by the HAMMER Agents, Morales and someone else, who are after her.I could see her being captured after X-Force have savedHellion and Surge from near death at the UN building (I hope). "
    You said it...and because K&Y are a @&(!&@$)*!($%_#@!!!#!@*)*#@! (i think i just invented a new swearword), they'll do it just before Hellion and X-23 have a moment of screen time. Or just as they are having one.

The reason I wonder about the adamantium is because Laura's covered in the spikes, like Logan was when he received the implants. Remember, the plan was to coat Laura's skeleton, but she was too young, and they were afraid it would retard the growth of her bones. She's not growing in size that much anymore...I wouldn't be surprised if that's the next step--fits the description too: "The fallout from MESSIAH WAR continues! X-23 is missing, and as horrific as her life has been...it's about to get worse."

Can't wait!

Also, I support a Daken vs. X-23 fight. Daken's actually going to enter a fic I'm writing ATM. And if you're talking about Daken seeming to have two claws...his third one is on the inside of his wrist. Just like Laura has the third claws in her feet. They all have three but in different areas, for various reasons. Also I read it suggested that Daken's claws are kerotin, because they are dark and not bone-white like Logan's and Laura's.

And, I agree with the continuity. I looked at the Dark Avengers cover and I was like...wtf, come on, she's in the effing future... I've already made my annoyance over Nori's appearance in 509 known. Laura's also appearing in 510. I know how they're going to explain Laura's being in three places at once: she's not the only clone. She didn't notice a few bubbles when she was destroying them in Innocence lost. There! Problem solved! I will sell that idea to marvel for $3.99, plus shipping and handling.

"

When it comes to continuity I usually wait until the story is over, no matter how meny comics it is spread over (usually six issues now-a-days) then count that as one day (unless it says in the story the following day or two weeks later) and then try to figure out its place in continuity. Its a little easier then, and more believable that Wolverine can be in every comicbook every week!

As for Laura's cover... I'm not even going to try and figure out what will happen. Because no matter what I think, K&Y will make it three times worse (i.e. Hellion-Surge-BoomBoom)!

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k2

When it comes to continuity I usually wait until the story is over, no matter how meny comics it is spread over (usually six issues now-a-days) then count that as one day (unless it says in the story the following day or two weeks later) and then try to figure out its place in continuity. Its a little easier then, and more believable that Wolverine can be in every comicbook every week!

As for Laura's cover... I'm not even going to try and figure out what will happen. Because no matter what I think, K&Y will make it three times worse (i.e. Hellion-Surge-BoomBoom)!

"
    Actually, that's a good way of doing it. I have to buy them when they're out or they sell out, and then my will power just goes to hell... o.o

And, I had a good snort when I picked up #510 of uncanny today, and not only is Laura in it...but so is Elixir, all happy-go-lucky zen with the Cuckoos. What the f***. Not only does that violate continuity...but I really don't think that he'd be that happy, anytime soon after X-Force. I can't figure out when Uncanny is taking place! The story is kinda interesting though, at first I bought it because of the Surge appearance, and to my surprise Laura was in 510 (nice artwork of her), but the story is -kind of- catching on with me. Not completely, but a bit, and that's saying something because 75% of comics out there annoy me (unless they've been written by Joss Whedon, my golden shining idol). There's alot of cheesy moments in Uncanny though, like jokes that aren't that funny, and I don't like Pixie all that much. I find it holy annoying when she imitates Wolverine.
    Inthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Inthedark

While the cover for 19 has Laura and Logan fighting four maybe five clones of Laura (there wearing the facility uni's) and 20 has here broken into pieces on the cover. So I’m thinking her life getting worse may have nothing to do with bonding but more with what goes on inside her head she's not all there sometimes.

So it could be a what/who is Laura Kinney story

As for Daken he has the murmasa coated blades sheathed in adamatim on the lower claws and the rest of his skelton is coated in adamatim iirc from wolverine origins. The tinkerer did the work for him in exchange for something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.