Guess who's Jaimie Alexander's favorite marvel character!

Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

in an interview Alexander states that if she was ever given the chance to play a different role other than Sif, it would be...

Drum roll please...
  you guessed it

X-23! 

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL YEAH. I like her even more now. 

#2 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see her playing Laura.

#3 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. I could only see Summer Glau or Devon Aoki play her, but now thinking about it, I think she could pull it off.

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. I like it when people actually show they have some idea of what they're talking about when they reference semi-obscure characters.

#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio

Could see her as X-23. She wasn't bad as Sif either.

#6 Posted by Edamame (28141 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. I heard about this. I wonder if she is a bit too tall for X-23, though. *shrugs*
I don't want to complain.

#7 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
to be honest, Jackman was too tall to play Wolverine too.
#8 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" @Edamame: to be honest, Jackman was too tall to play Wolverine too. "
an excellent point!
#9 Posted by Jake Fury (18617 posts) - - Show Bio

David Finch should draw every comic, ever.
#10 Posted by Edamame (28141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" @Edamame: to be honest, Jackman was too tall to play Wolverine too. "
I never stated otherwise.  ; )
#11 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? She would make a awesome X-23.
#12 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for her as laura she even has the same coloring XD and shes kind of tall i think 5'9" but i can look past it XD

#13 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

She should but right now before she gets too old  I want to c her now.

#14 Posted by SFX87 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to see her play X-23

#15 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@SFX87 said:

i would love to see her play X-23

After seeing that pic, I agree! Her face is perfect. =)
#16 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a bad idea except that she's got a little "physical problem".

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (83464 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather see her as Wonder Woman but, oh well, at least she's familiar with a non-iconic character.
#18 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@yeopop: ?
#19 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden: river is too much like laura. this is basically saying, yes, summer would be perfect to play x-23, but then she'd start falling into a typecast
#20 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

No, X23 should atleast look like a teen.

@WolfMonkey
@Duo_forbidden

Summer Glau!?! seriously?  She is nearly 30 years old.  Maybe 10 years ago she'd be a perfect fit, but not now. :/
#21 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: are you aware just how many 30 year olds there are playing teens in hollywood. the trick isnt to be a teen, it's to look like one. thats the magic of hollywood, they can make you look ten years younger. but considering how laura currently looks in the comics she looks more early 20s, which summer could do. if you wanted to go origin story then ya preteen would be best but i'm just saying for attitude, style, and the other acting stuff, summer would be great
#22 Edited by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@WolfMonkey:  Of course I do, but Summer could not pass for a 17 year old, let's be serious.  One of the main features of X23 is that she is a teenager, taking that away by casting Summer Glau would ruin it.  I think Summer is a very talented actress and could totally own the majority of comic-book roles, just not X23. Summer would make an amazing Domino. Now someone like Daveigh Chase would be a lot better

#23 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio

so you're saying a non teenager couldnt play a teenager, yet you're suggesting a non teenager to play a teenager? and i dont know too much aboutDaveigh's acting abilities aside from her voice as Lilo (never seen donnie darko), but i'm not sure she could pull it off any better. if your argument is that Summer is too old, your solution cant be someone who looks to be 17 at her youngest. You'd need to find someone who looks 12 to portray Laura in her younger years. If late teens is a fine age to portray her then there's no reason Summer couldnt do it.

#24 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I definitely see it, especially since she basically played the same character in Kyle XY.

#25 Posted by Wolverine0628 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!  Please!
#26 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome! she did pretty good as sif, she'd look good as x-23 too! although some are debating that chloe grace morets (after a few years) is also fitting for the role.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.