Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2382 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Does a Healing Factor heal EVERYTHING?

Avatar image for the_cracked_genome
    The Cracked Genome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The mutant Healing Factor repairs the body in ways no normal human can dream of! Missing limbs grow back, third degree burns are gone in minutes, Wolverine even came back from being just eyes and brain. So as the only female character I know of with the Healing Factor (Lady Deathstrike doesn't count as hers is artifical) does this mean that Laura's hymen grows back? 
    Now I'm not asking this for a perverse Mallrats-esque reason. It's just that if it does heal back, and since X-23 was introduced to comics as a prostitute, and would therefore know that sex would hurt each time, it makes me wonder if: 
    1: Laura would now save sex for someone she truly cared about. 
    or 
    2: As a character who cuts herself when she is emotionally confused, would sex have a different meaning to her?
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Did you get this idea from True Blood because a character on there, Jessica, has that same problem.
    She was 'changed' when she was a virgin, so everytime she has sex, her hymen is broken :/  poor girl !  

but I don't see why it wouldn't grow back, it makes perfect sense since she heals. But yes, if this is true, then X23 will have a serious strain in any sexual relationship she encounters. I hope Hellion is prepared for tantrums.

Wait, wasn't X23 a prostitute for a while?

Avatar image for the_cracked_genome
    The Cracked Genome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cherry Bomb: I've never seen True Blood... there's too much emo vampire s#!t knocking about lately so I don't watch/read/look at anything with them in it. 
    And yes she was a prostitute
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

Depends on the level of the healing factor.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @The Cracked Genome: True Blood isn't like Twilight or anything. Infact, it's the exact opposite.  The vampires burn in the sunlight and have hot, mindless sex whenever they get the chance. it's awesome.

So, I think she's already experienced sex before ... so maybe she knows about it? maybe she's not too bothered then
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

Oh fer cryin' out loud.  Has geekdom not evolved passed the obsession with super hero sex lives yet?  Go watch Mallrats... This is not original.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Nerx

Lets see , they can't heal that special enzyme from agent zero and them muramasa blade

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By G'bandit

What people think about these days

But yeah it should fully heal 

Or maybe it heals in the shape and she doesn't need to -- You know what this is rated R talk in a PG-13 forum. There kids watching and goggling Hymen this instant and wikipedia and encyclopedia dramatica can be very graphic. I know there are classes at school but still I feel Im traumatizing their small sensitive brains, so see ya

X-23_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By X-23_2513

it takes awhile but it heals

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

can't heal adamantium damage.
    Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alaric

haha, this thread is so funny, though I agree. I'm no biologist but I don't see a reason it wouldn't grow back. :/ Though she does have a really high thresh hold for pain so I doubt it's a big deal to her. >.>'

@G'bandit said:

" What people think about these days  But yeah it should fully heal   Or maybe it heals in the shape and she doesn't need to -- You know what this is rated R talk in a PG-13 forum. There kids watching and goggling Hymen this instant and wikipedia and encyclopedia dramatica can be very graphic. I know there are classes at school but still I feel Im traumatizing their small sensitive brains, so see ya "

"I'm twelve, what is this?"
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I think it was stated severe spinal damage could kill wolverine ......or severing his head
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Thor's hammmer said:
    "I think it was stated severe spinal damage could kill wolverine ......or severing his head "

That was when he only had a healing factor, not regenerative abilities; he can now regrow from just a few cells (ala Civil War).
    CWB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CWB
    @The Cracked Genome:  

Oh so true. Jessica from Ture Blood has the same issue. I posed the same question to my friends. Yes Laura is afflicted with the same issue.
    WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WoundingFactor
    @X-23_2513: Hilarious pic for the context of the conversation
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @G'bandit said:
    "What people think about these days  But yeah it should fully heal   Or maybe it heals in the shape and she doesn't need to -- You know what this is rated R talk in a PG-13 forum. There kids watching and goggling Hymen this instant and wikipedia and encyclopedia dramatica can be very graphic. I know there are classes at school but still I feel Im traumatizing their small sensitive brains, so see ya"

Kids are having sex-ED at 10 years old. I don't think it is a big deal in a PG-13 forum. 

And I never actually thought of this. This is actually really interesting. Makes you think. What about her eggs? Do they keep producing or stop when it hits a certain number?
    Treyvoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Treyvoni
    @JoeRiccadonna: 

You are born with as many gametes (eggs) as you will need. They mature as you cycle through the menstrual cycle and then are released so you don't 'make' eggs. Humans females have about 2 million eggs, so eventually - provided that Laura does not go through menopause, which does not seem likely - she will eventually run out.

...that's a long way off though...
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Primmaster64

Eh...

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

The things people think of.
    it really scares me sometimes

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batman_is_god
    @aztek the lost said:
    "it can't heal a broken heart! "

LMFAO!!!! 

it can heal anything the human body can eventually heal. It is supposed to be called "accelerated healing factor"
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By SladeRogers

It cannot heal mental damage. Anybody's healing factor is only a physical mutation, so only physical damage can be heal.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DEGRAAF

wouldnt it depend on whether or not the Hymen was broken before her x-gene activated in during puburty or since she is a clone has she had  the healing ability her whole life? Either way i think she would be able to easily tolerate the pain
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CATPANEXE

she has an adamantium coated vagin so no, sorry it can't
    I have my sources.

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dementedtheclown

So this would also mean wolverines uncircumcised no?

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k2
    @dementedtheclown said:
    " So this would also mean wolverines uncircumcised no? "
    No. Wolverine's healing factor activated when he was in his early teens (see Wolverine: Origins, the six issue mini series). Can't say whether he was or not...just that his healing factor would not have been in play at the time. The wound would have already been healed (if he was), meaning it would not have grown back.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Theworldbreaker

Depends. Deadpool can heal from anything because death made it so he cnat enter her realm by cursing him with immortality to the extent that even somebody like thor cant kill him (any normal guy thats just immortal could still die by a random guy with a 9mm though) Hulk's healing factor probrobly ends by the poitn he is distergrated to dust scence thats the worst state he has been in...meastro to be more specific.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " wouldnt it depend on whether or not the Hymen was broken before her x-gene activated in during puburty or since she is a clone has she had  the healing ability her whole life? Either way i think she would be able to easily tolerate the pain "
    They forced her healing factor to active when she was just a kid, so she should still be a virgin since its doubtful she had sex yet or she was molested/raped which wasn't mentioned in her origin 
    But it does suck if it keeps growing back because it ties even more emotional baggage considering her past as a prostitute and the healing means she ties sex with pain/abuse, further closing her off from a romantic relationship
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By karrob
    @hydrabob said:
    " The things people think of. it really scares me sometimes "
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k2
    @EnSabahNurX said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    " wouldnt it depend on whether or not the Hymen was broken before her x-gene activated in during puburty or since she is a clone has she had  the healing ability her whole life? Either way i think she would be able to easily tolerate the pain "
    They forced her healing factor to active when she was just a kid, so she should still be a virgin since its doubtful she had sex yet or she was molested/raped which wasn't mentioned in her origin But it does suck if it keeps growing back because it ties even more emotional baggage considering her past as a prostitute and the healing means she ties sex with pain/abuse, further closing her off from a romantic relationship "
    The first time is not THAT painful...
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @k2 said:
    " @EnSabahNurX said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    They forced her healing factor to active when she was just a kid, so she should still be a virgin since its doubtful she had sex yet or she was molested/raped which wasn't mentioned in her origin But it does suck if it keeps growing back because it ties even more emotional baggage considering her past as a prostitute and the healing means she ties sex with pain/abuse, further closing her off from a romantic relationship "
    The first time is not THAT painful... "
    lol yea when i wrote it, it came off sounding a lot worse then i intended XD i meant more discomfort
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @k2:
    good to know
    novakidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By novakidx

I wasn't expecting this when I saw the topic: this discussion makes healing factor seem so cheap! i mean jeez

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

You know I thought about this the other day, especially with regards to Laura "never being able to lose her virginity." 

By the same token, Daken and  Wolverine would never be able to have a vasectomy because it would just heal. No wonder there are so many little Wolverines -_-

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

Well, she can heal from bullet wounds almost immediately, so she would definitely heal from a broken hymen virtually in an instant so.... How do I ask this without getting too graphic? Hmmm..... if she heals before the sex act is over what happens?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.