Damn you bendis!

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

What The F*ck is This Sh*t?!

???????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!

This is Bull!

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Covers tend to mislead my friend.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by akbogert (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.

Though as I've said a couple times in various places, this is still outrageously tasteless of Marvel.

Doubly so if it ISN'T misleading.

#5 Posted by Squares (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously hate the artist that did this cover, but other than that I don't really see why you're so upset about it.

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Eh, I've seen worse. Perhaps it is because I couldn't care less about the title.

#7 Posted by akbogert (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Well, it's an insult to the character, her fans, and the fans of anyone who died in Arena that the fallout of that book is so quickly brushed aside. Moreover it makes no sense for Laura either before, or especially after, Arena's events.

Granted, if you don't care, you don't care; but it's hard to imagine anyone who is a fan of Laura or has even been passively bothered by something in Arena actually liking this cover.

#8 Edited by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

He is just jealous, he was hoping X-23 would either kiss him or at least The Hulk :p

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Well I feel for you then. I myself, read a single issue and it was probably the most distastefully boring comic I've ever read in years.

@deranged_midget said:

He is just jealous, he was hoping X-23 would either kiss him or at least The Hulk :p

XD

#10 Posted by akbogert (3216 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: The deaths might not even have been permanent there is a lot to be revealed about Arcade and his plans, although the series seem to have gone no where thus far...

#13 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with this?

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: @akbogert: I'm mad because X-23 would most likely NOT kiss or like anyone, especially after having most of her friends slaughtered like lamb. it's Stupid, and that's what angers me. Plus i don't want Bendis anywhere near here, get Yost or Someone like him to write laura, screw the rest

#15 Posted by akbogert (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Oh, I'm in no way saying people ought to read it or like it. I'm just saying that the only thing worse than them killing off characters people love is to then act like nothing happened and the kids who survive didn't just go through a horrifically traumatic experience. If they're going to kill off kids at least have the decency to make their loss felt by the survivors afterwards.

@akbogert: The deaths might not even have been permanent there is a lot to be revealed about Arcade and his plans, although the series seem to have gone no where thus far...

I've been hearing that for a long time, but it's not true. Issue 7 revealed Arcade's "plans," and they were trivial and petty (as is par for the course for Arcade). But even if in the end no one has died, this was still a traumatic experience. You don't just bounce back, and you CERTAINLY don't just jump into someone's arms and make out with them if you're Laura.

...anyway I don't want to turn this into another thread in which I argue against AA (because I've been enjoying not doing that) but the point is aside from Marvel actually saying "just kidding, Arena actually didn't happen," (which they won't because they've already announced it's leading into a new book in the beginning of next year), there's no way in which a cover like this can be construed as respectful to her and what she has been through.

#16 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah! Screw him! I mean we don't know the context behind this or even who she's kissin' but alright!

#17 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Well, I can neither relate or sympathize with you there as I'm outrageously out of date with that series :P It would be a shame regardless but Marvel, more than any other company, tends to really mislead with their covers.

#18 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah! Screw him! I mean we don't know the context behind this or even who she's kissin' but alright!

he fact that Bendis is writing Laura is enough to Piss me off. and the fact that there is a HINT of a love interest even further pisses me off, because, it's f*cking stupid.

#19 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

What's wrong with this?

getting out of a world were your friends get slauhtered and then hinting a love interest do not go well together. Plus bendis is a hack.

#20 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

he fact that Bendis is writing Laura is enough to Piss me off. and the fact that there is a HINT of a love interest even further pisses me off, because, it's f*cking stupid.

You don't even know the context though. You're just assuming based off a cover in an industry where covers are usually bulls***.

#21 Edited by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: You misunderstand regardless of the cover and whoever is drawn, Bendis can go kiss my <REDACTED>. I just dislike the writer and i was in no way trying to justify the picture being appropirate, i was just point the death likely wasnt permanent but your points are actually genuine, if they are doing another series like this (i thought the series was pretty bad.. did it do really good enough to warrant a second one?) then the death likely is permanent.

#22 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@decoyelite said:

You don't even know the context though. You're just assuming based off a cover in an industry where covers are usually bulls***.

True. But i'm still Pissed because Bendis is a hack. and having him write X-23 is never good.

#23 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Wait and see. And then you can complain.

i know it'll Be Crap. you'll see, Bendis is incapable of producing anything decent aside from DD and his own characters.

#25 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh its Bendis, i like to complain even if its good, i just hate the <BEEP> . For all i care i can sit here and complain about Bendis on All New X-men too, despite liking every single issue of it.

Acid isn't much different i suppose :p

#26 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH ANGERRRRRR

#27 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Eh, Ultimate Spider-Man was good. Personally not really into his X-Men but others seem to like it quite a bit.

@decoyelite said:

Meh its Bendis, i like to complain even if its good, i just hate the <BEEP> . For all i care i can sit here and complain about Bendis on All New X-men too, despite liking every single issue of it.

Ah, I don't do that sort of thing, but I don't really pay attention to who's writing a book until after I'm done reading so I'm pretty weird there.

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: I don't PAY attention to it either man. But when a writer earns a reputation i can be skeptical about it, if this WORKS out i will be VERY happy.

#29 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Eh, don't always assume based off what's the general assumptions of others. Your own view is what you should think of.

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17925 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Eh, don't always assume based off what's the general assumptions of others. Your own view is what you should think of.

exactly.

My own view. I won't say something is bad just because others say they do.

I hated Jason Aarons incredible Hulk, and His Wolverine and the X-men.

But his Thor is Jaw Dropping.

#31 Posted by ka385385 (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

I am also concern about this very much ,it's not like i'm not willing to see this coming but this is a riskly move for Marvel ,if they didn't make this one good ,and i'm mean really GOOD like an EPIC ,she will lose her fans ,i'm not sure i have much faith about this part becasue most of the Marvel teenage heroes characters is not very attractive (there is some excption of crouse but not easy to find one suit her) ,the character suit for her need to be awesome character with good personality (like 16 years old Spider-man or someone like that ,not the "bad boy" type ,jeez) ,but most of the teen characters i saw from Marvel are still all kids ,no matter how much they been through they are still act like kid ,i think character with more mature personality will suit better.

#32 Posted by csguterres (201 posts) - - Show Bio

The mistery character is probably Young Cyclops

#33 Posted by ka385385 (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Maybe it's not something like this really will happen to X-23 ,you know like Avengers Arena #4 ,X-23 VS Darkhawk ,but they're not even meet...

#34 Posted by cameron83 (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Eh, Ultimate Spider-Man was good. Personally not really into his X-Men but others seem to like it quite a bit.

@killemall said:

@decoyelite said:

Ah, I don't do that sort of thing, but I don't really pay attention to who's writing a book until after I'm done reading so I'm pretty weird there.

I agree dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.