Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2371 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Current X-23 story arc

Maikeru_Deyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Maikeru_Deyuan

What is everyone's opinion of the current storyline in the X-23 series?

Avatar image for blackstormtorrent
    blackstormtorrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By blackstormtorrent

im personally enjoying the storys there telling and the adventure lauras going thu

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Kairan1979

I think it's interesting. It was nice to revisit Laura's old link to Cosmic Power.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I like it, i like the concept of there being remains of captain universe remaining in his prior hosts

Plus a few of the interactions between Laura and the FF are pretty funny

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k2

The story is OK for me. I'm camping out for the next arc, with the appearance of a certain someone. I do think it's funny though that Laura saves Sue's daughter's life, and her reward is babysitting...wtf? o,O

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By moviegeek17

I've been enjoying Liu's run on the character so far and this arc has been no exception :)

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By KDarkholme

Im enjoying it as well she is one of my favorite's and this arc is very interesting.

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By OldManJoe

The art looks off on some pages but other then that I'm loving the series.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k2

@OldManJoe said:

I agree, but the art style is very expressive. Laura's reactions are really easy to read because the artist does expressions so well.

In other news, Takeda is coming back on issue #17!!! I'm stoked.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By moviegeek17

@k2 said:

@OldManJoe said:

I agree, but the art style is very expressive. Laura's reactions are really easy to read because the artist does expressions so well.

In other news, Takeda is coming back on issue #17!!! I'm stoked.

wait really??? now i'm even more excited for the next issue :)

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ambival1

I like the current series, but personally I think the best writers for her are her creators - Craig Kyle and Chris Yost. Their stories were unbelievably addictive - These guys are Gods and their every approach to X23 is a masterpiece (Innocence lost, Target X, X force, New X men = every one issue was perfect!) - they made X a serious badass as an assasin (Some scenes reminded me the fights from kill bill, especially the action with the crazy 88, I think it's a serious comparison), and yet they gave her that childish innocence on some situations. Liu does a great job with her personality, but I think her stories push back X23 from unleashing her full 100% potential - there are not so many fights and not all are as much exciting, some plots are too bizarre and sometimes they give that feeling like If they have ended too fast. I like this series but, for me, they won't replace those mentioned above.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like those story ,and i really really love X-MEN to server and protect #2

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ambival1

@lykopis said:

@ambival1 said:

I like the current series, but personally I think the best writers for her are her creators - Craig Kyle and Chris Yost. Their stories were unbelievably addictive - These guys are Gods and their every approach to X23 is a masterpiece (Innocence lost, Target X, X force, New X men = every one issue was perfect!) - they made X a serious badass as an assasin (Some scenes reminded me the fights from kill bill, especially the action with the crazy 88, I think it's a serious comparison), and yet they gave her that childish innocence on some situations. Liu does a great job with her personality, but I think her stories push back X23 from unleashing her full 100% potential - there are not so many fights and not all are as much exciting, some plots are too bizarre and sometimes they give that feeling like If they have ended too fast. I like this series but, for me, they won't replace those mentioned above.

I agree with you for the most part - but I do enjoy Liu taking X-23's character on a more exploratory journey, searching for her humanity and her place in the world. Don't get me wrong, that "Kill Bill" vibe is an integral part of why I love X-23 - but I think so far, Liu's done a good job in balancing the two- ("badass" Laura and introspective X-23). The last few issues with Spiderman and the FF have been maybe a bit lack lustre, but all in all, still has my attention. Its good to see how other characters in the Marvel Universe interact with X-23, so for that alone, I still give this book high marks. X-23's ongoing has yet to truly disappoint me, which is saying a lot, and any vehicle that brings Gambit into the forefront (even for a littel bit) gets my vote as well.

:)

That "searching for her humanity and her place in the world" is really the best part of the whole Ongoing series. I love (and I really mean it - LOVE) having a look into X's mind. Her grim and decadent narration (the red boxes) is a triple bull's eye. How she operates with scary and tragic metaphor (especially that "Pinch of my restraints" fragment from the 1 part of Daken collision), it gives you feeling how much her story is tragic and, of course, how her mind operates. And, although Kyle and Yost were perfect with her personality, they've never touched the subject of her mind like Liu did so far (maybe the answer is obvious - Liu is a woman. Only woman can understand how the other woman thinks). And also there's one very intriguing and pretty thing about her narration - it's really similiar to her mother's narration in Innocence Lost. Even the one-shot, were there wasn't really any action, was heavily interesting because of her talking about herself. I wish Liu would put a bigger emphasis on that subject than putting them only at the beggining and the ending (something like Dexter's inner narration, it goes through all the episode), that would be perfect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.