can she be in a movie

• 57 results
#1 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

she can be in a cable movie

#2 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you should be in a cable movie, too :]

#3 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

See I'd think she'd have to be in a Wolverine movie. You gotta explain where she came from and where's the fun unless you have her fight the old man.

#4 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC:
iwanted to put her in cable than have a SE with her get off a bus in NY(X) with her meeting ZD
#5 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

I think her story would be kick ass but you might as well just make yet another wolverine story.
I think HBO should start an x-men series but make it for adults.
They never will but imagine something like True Blood only with mutants.
You get the sex, drugs, gore, multiple endless stories that intertwine.

Ultimate freedom.

#6 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta: That would be pretty sweet.
#7 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have a movie of nyx.. ^_^

#8 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" They should have a movie of nyx.. ^_^ "
When are they going to continue this series?!
It's like, the best underrated series there is!
#9 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @lioneta: That would be pretty sweet. "
I wonder if Marvel would have beef with it considering it would be too risk-ay for their younger audiences.
Even though it's MA it wouldn't really matter.
Parent's would revolt and there would go their PG13 reputation.
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe when we're all Stan Lee's age or if Laura becomes EXTREMELY popular will we see her in a movie.

#11 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I will never understand people's fascination with X-23.

#12 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta said:
" @Vortex13 said:
I wonder if Marvel would have beef with it considering it would be too risk-ay for their younger audiences.Even though it's MA it wouldn't really matter.Parent's would revolt and there would go their PG13 reputation. "
That's a good point because Marvel did say they weren't doing movies that were rated R any more.
#13 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @lioneta said:
" @Vortex13 said:
I wonder if Marvel would have beef with it considering it would be too risk-ay for their younger audiences.Even though it's MA it wouldn't really matter.Parent's would revolt and there would go their PG13 reputation. "
That's a good point because Marvel did say they weren't doing movies that were rated R any more. "
What R movies did they do?
#14 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction said:
" I will never understand people's fascination with X-23. "
Shame on you!
#15 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta said:
" @EisforExtinction said:
Shame on you! "
This is just my opinion: but she's just an emo kid with claws.
#16 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta: The Punisher and Blade ones.
#17 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: That's stupid I liked those movies ;/
#18 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta: I know me too.
#19 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta said:
" I think her story would be kick ass but you might as well just make yet another wolverine story.I think HBO should start an x-men series but make it for adults.They never will but imagine something like True Blood only with mutants.You get the sex, drugs, gore, multiple endless stories that intertwine.Ultimate freedom. "
+1

Unfortunately, Marvel is probably more interested in making money, so they dont want to limit their viewers by making a mature show or R movie, which is quite unfortunate because I believe some of the movies, like Elektra (which was awful) could have actually been good if they were allowed to go for an R rating.

Also the directors cut of Daredevil was rated R and I thought it was much better than the theatrical release.

@EisforExtinction:
I only recently started liking her, I think there is something about her that is better than Wolverine, at least to me...for now.
#20 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction said:
"@lioneta said:
" @EisforExtinction said:
Shame on you! "
This is just my opinion: but she's just an emo kid with claws."

at least she got  a good damn reason to be emo and not whine like everyone else.
spiderman I look at you (back at black) Ha!
#21 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

see i want to put her in nyx than a origins

target X and the frist one

#22 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

she can be a icon!
like wonder women for marvel

#23 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lifeguard85 said:
" @lioneta said:
" I think her story would be kick ass but you might as well just make yet another wolverine story.I think HBO should start an x-men series but make it for adults.They never will but imagine something like True Blood only with mutants.You get the sex, drugs, gore, multiple endless stories that intertwine.Ultimate freedom. "
+1

Unfortunately, Marvel is probably more interested in making money, so they dont want to limit their viewers by making a mature show or R movie, which is quite unfortunate because I believe some of the movies, like Elektra (which was awful) could have actually been good if they were allowed to go for an R rating.

Also the directors cut of Daredevil was rated R and I thought it was much better than the theatrical release.

I would have to rent them. I've never read either of their stories accept for the bilp of Daredevil when he was interviewing 23 with Cap America.

The thing is though it wouldn't be limiting their audiences. It would be giving the adult viewers something to enjoy, plus the people who don't even read comics would love it.
Just like people like Heroes.
They have everything covered from comics to movies to day time cartoons.
This would just be more $$$ in their pocket.
#24 Posted by Marshall Madness (248 posts) - - Show Bio

If X-23 was in a movie, Summer Glau (Firefly, Serenity, Terminator TSCC) would be the ideal choice to play her.

#25 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER!

She was in Hulk Vs. Wolverine....sorta

#26 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd LOVE to see a X-23 spin-off from "Hulk Vs.", which is really the only way to make any sense of her origin. Marvel should test the waters of her popularity with animation, which worked wonders for the character when she debuted on "X-Men Evolution", and then if proven worthwhile, Summer Glau needs work, as has been said. Perfect casting choice, too...

#27 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:  lol along with all her bros and sisters lol , they shoul make more 18/r rated movies comics in general have violence and therefore to accuratly depict the comics in some cases "wolverine x23 and people who slaughter people" will always be not quite right when watered down i would love a hardcore  gore fest wolverine , x23 related story that would be awesome as for suummer glayu as laura not even close need someone yonger  will darker hair prefably with marshall arts based skills in 
capoeira as well so she can uterlise her legs strikes like she does in comics 
#28 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: Do you know who Summer Glau is? The younger, dark-haired chick from "Firefly" and the "Terminator" TV show, the one that uses all kinds of martial arts moves and basically had a Weapon-X background story in "Serenity"? Yeah, that one...the one that would be perfect as X-23.
#29 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7711 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshall Madness: Good Choice
#30 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy:  yeah i do know who she is iam a fan of sarah connor chronicles but did you know that shes 28 now and thst to old for laura shes supposed to be in teens when she meets logan so shes far to old to play her i na an accurate origins film , and also she does have skill in marshall arts but not in  capoeira to my knowledge. She would also need her hair died since lauras is preety much black i have all the x23 comics i just dont think she would do here right need someone much younger 
#31 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: Understood, but the thing is, Summer might be 28 in real life, but she was portraying a teenager in both TV shows she' s starred in, and pulled it off convincingly. H'wood does it all the time, casting older to be younger. And as for the Brazillian dance-fighting, I'm sure if they REALLY found it as neccisary as you do, they'd get Summer a teacher. Personal opinions, I know, but to say she's unqualified is kinda stretching it.

Also, as an aside, how many comic book movies cast to be 100% accurate with their comic counterparts? Hugh Jackman, anyone? From the neck-up he looks like Logan, but after that it's ALL H'wood. Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker? Mr. Mom as Batman? I could go on...
#32 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy:  i think tobey is an aweful spidey he doenst capture his humour at all , as for jackamn hes ok he could have been far worse , the thing with miss glau is that she has done the teen thing before sure but i have never really liked that fact that she is playing teens since she clearly isnt its like me iam 23 playing someone whos ten , laura is supposed to look her age and people are supposed to be worried for her being on her own etc where as if summer was on her own walking about she would have to work real hard to get the look of innocence that a younger actress could get far easier if in a more accurate age range
#33 Edited by DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO (315 posts) - - Show Bio

i think she can be in a second wolverien origins movie where the topic is after x-men 3: the last stand.... 
there can be a great team up between her and her ``father`´ (uhhhhhhh if i just fancy that in my mind i could scream out loud it would be so great)

#34 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

you are right it would be great to see a team up movie between wolvie and x.haha

#35 Posted by supreme23 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have to say I love X-23 she is probably my favorite female comic character besides Harley Quinn but thats another story I say we petition Marvel and get them to put her in a film I mean shoot they gave Jubilee cameos in the X-men films

#36 Edited by X-23 Fan (1 posts) - - Show Bio

With Disney buying Marvel studios there will never be a X-23 movie. Disney won't let a kid ride a bike with out a helmet, do you really think they would make a movie about a girl who get gets beaten and tortured and then kills people. Yeah right. We might see her as a side character but an origin story of her, no way.

#37 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

F Disney sucks
#38 Posted by LauraX23 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I want her to have her own movies.
#39 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

A television series would be good.

#40 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

she should definitely have her own movie! I even have title........ 

X-Men Generations: X-23

#42 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Starring Emily Browning! 

Emily Browning as X-23 
#43 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin said:
" A television series would be good. "
concur. and though i personally want a violent X-23 story, i might add that i personally know that
her largest fanbase are very young girls who either saw her where she originated in the X-men
Evolution animated series and/or Wolverine And The X-men. It was difficult to an extent to explain
her comic book going ons to parents asking me about her for the sake of their little girls.lol.
#44 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin said:
" A television series would be good. "
I can see that happening!
#45 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe the X-Men 4 or the Deadpool movie

but I'm not sure what's happening after Disney bought Marvel

#46 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's movies still have contracts with the other studios. so if there is another X-men movie it would be with Fox.

#47 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@lioneta said:
That would be amazing
#48 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore said:
" @lioneta said:
That would be amazing "
second that!
#49 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

there was this one dude who posted some videos on youtube of summer glau playing her if she ever made a live action appearance, they were fake of course, but what if indeed

#50 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

She was already in Hulk vs Wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.