Anyone remember the Woman in the Cloak from the X-23 Series?

#1 Posted by bsmith1190 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

So far what we know is that this woman knows Laura very well and somehow she's familiar to Laura. I came up with three theories as to who she could be, feel free to criticize as I know these theories are subject to having holes whatever they may be. Also post your own theories as I'm curious what you all think.

1. A future version of Laura

2. A clone of Sarah Kinney

3. An envoy of Romulus

#2 Posted by ambival1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much psychological sci-fi. In my opinion it's Kimura. Although mysterious talk is not her best asset, but after X-23 finishing the remains of the facility in X-Force, she is kinda unemployed. She may have changed since that day and may have her own plans for X. Simple venegance would be quite dull.

#3 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

If they were clever, I would say future clone of Laura. Since I don't believe they are, it will more likely be something to do with Romulus.

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Kimura sounds like a good bet, IMO.

#5 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: Kimura will never miss a chance to taunt and abuse Laura, so I don't think it's her.
#6 Posted by bsmith1190 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979: @John Valentine: Kimura's a blunt instrument, this woman's way too subtle and mysterious to be her. You can tell that she's planned this and there's wheels within the wheels. Brains and subtlety just aren't her style.

#7 Edited by DeviousBastard (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I say future self judging by what she quoted.

#8 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not Kimura, and if it is she is way out of character.

#9 Posted by ka385385 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

A female Sith from another universe? never mind ,it's not Kimura ,i'm kind of sure, she doesn't act like her ,beside if it was her ,X-23 can smell it i bet.

#10 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Kimura probably. Due to her series being sadly cancelled we may never know.

#11 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

An avatar of death ala the grim reaper.

#12 Posted by gamer47 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was Selene trying to get some more people on her side for necrosha and that it simply got cut off/left out... But I'm not sure if this was before or after necrosha/x-force. Either way it seems to have been a plot thread that got dropped. Of course it seems like the kind of thing that could be picked up again anytime, an issue a few months or a few decades from now could have some hood lady come out and say "Hi remember that cash I left you? What do you mean it was 30 years ago? Blasted Time Travel Toilet! It always malfunctions!"

#13 Posted by KillerZ (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

She seems to have white hair, so that rules out Kimura and Selene.

#14 Posted by Dernman (15086 posts) - - Show Bio

Rose Wilson :p

#15 Posted by bsmith1190 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: That's an interesting theory XD

#16 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

@gamer47 said:

I thought it was Selene trying to get some more people on her side for necrosha and that it simply got cut off/left out... But I'm not sure if this was before or after necrosha/x-force. Either way it seems to have been a plot thread that got dropped. Of course it seems like the kind of thing that could be picked up again anytime, an issue a few months or a few decades from now could have some hood lady come out and say "Hi remember that cash I left you? What do you mean it was 30 years ago? Blasted Time Travel Toilet! It always malfunctions!"

O_O I wish they'd do a mini(six issues) series to wrap that up, have Liu just close that chapter or give us some closure for now.

#17 Posted by evanescencefan91 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, but man it has been bothering me ever since the end of the series!!!

they never mentioned her again, like the writers just forgot about her, I was hopping it would give us some more insight on her in the later issues.

By the way seriously X needs another series soon, I'm tired of just seeing her as a small secondary character in other series

#18 Edited by Sierra_B312 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@bsmith1190: Romulus said a very similar thing in Wolverine #313 (I've missed a few issues involving Romulus so please don't be a douche about it if he's said this before; and even though this is the first page of the newest issue of the series, it's a spoiler), so I think that there's some what of a connection between the two, I originally thought that it was Remus (Romulus' twin sister) talking to Laura, but then I went back to look at issues 9 and 11 (in which she appears in) of X-23's series and found that the cloaked woman had short dark hair (it only looks white due to the artist giving her hair a little shine), while Remus had uber long red hair, so that cuts Remus out of it (for now I guess). But this woman could be an envoy of Romulus, what she's sent to do (if she was sent by Romulus at all) is still unknown (and that really pissed me off when I heard that X-23's series got cancelled and that we may never find out who this woman was and what she was trying to do). I imagine that they will tell us who this woman is, but it could possibly be in future issues in either Avengers Arena (I think that this seems more like a a story arc that'll carry over to about 6-7 issues or so, and then it'll be Academy again), Wolverine's series, or they may give X-23 back her series (they better keep it going if they do dammit!) to explain it all, hopefully.

#19 Posted by SoA (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@bsmith1190: looks like it couldve been tied to romulous maybe it was early design/tease of remus? otherwise im gonna say older laura

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.