another reasone why x-23 been cancel

#1 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's due to NEW 52 ,it's the best sell comics few months ago and i guess that's why push marvel to hit the dream title like Avengers vs X-men

#2 Posted by ambival1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@ka385385: Theoretically, you are right, but in comics (and in other various arts, like music) there isn't a real competition. I'm fan of X23, thus I'm a fan of X-men. Any serious event won't bring me to DC comics, because I'm a fan of Marvel universe. Like being a fan of a band - you like them for their unique sound, but when Metallica will publish their new album, you may listen to it and even become a fan, but does this puts a cross on your favorite band? I think not, you can listen to both bands. The same with comics. But if marvel will constantly treat X23 like a popular merchandise, which will gain popularity to recent projects, I might lose my interest.

#3 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's a direct result of the New 52. I do however, feel the New 52 highlights just how draconian the Marvel Comics budgeting is. This has been written about before. They're so stingy, nobody is allowed to experiment and good products that aren't selling well get slashed, not promoted.

#4 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 was ,is and will always be my top choice ,but there is countless people who cross between DC and Marvel ,and when such big event and new 52 some people even marvel fan would like to pick one or two new dc comics ,not everyone love x-23 as much as we do ,they might just think get new 52 first than x-23.

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 sucked. That's why it was axed.

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

X-23 sucked. That's why it was axed.

Much love. LOL.

Truth be told, X-23 might even have good writing, its just very much Bendis-like writing.

#7 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Thank you for trolling.

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine: Thank you for trolling.

Just voicing my opinion. Thank you for your concern.

#9 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29: Don't bother care about what he said ,he always been like that.

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Valentine has a point, Liu was onoxious when leading to other characters, ignoring development in full.

#11 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely one of the people who was very upset to hear that it was cancelled. I thought it was a great book that built X-23 up as a legitimate character and started pushing her in some interesting ways. It also was a great outlet for Gambit to have a resurgence in comics, and even Jubilee started finding an actual role through Liu's writing. I highly disagree that the writing was 'obnoxious' and I never thought any of the guest character's were portrayed inaccurately.

It was cancelled simply because it began to sell 'poorly' from a business standpoint. Although it was a fairly high selling book for being A.) about a relatively minor character and B.) having a female protagonist, I believe (if I remember correctly) that it had the biggest drop-off in sales of any Marvel title following the first few issues.

It was still selling better than several titles, but I guess Marvel took that as a sign to scrap the series. A shame.

#12 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: You mean the absolute trolling of Hellion?

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@ReVamp: You mean the absolute trolling of Hellion?

Yes and the forcing of Jubilee onto X. Even Gambit to a certain extent.

#14 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Jubilee. I'll give you. But it was nice to see a Gambit who wasn't caught up in the relationship malestrom that was Rogneto.

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@ReVamp: Jubilee. I'll give you. But it was nice to see a Gambit who wasn't caught up in the relationship malestrom that was Rogneto.

It was I agree, but its arguable that the manner that they were put together in the first place wasn't done well.

#16 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Fair enough.

#17 Edited by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @TheGreyOutcastX:

Hellion is no longer important to X-23 ,the development was not success ,and it can be ignore in some part at least.

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ka385385 said:

Hellion is no longer important to X-23 ,

That's the problem. You're looking at it from the X-23 standpoint. Its not important to X at all, but its important to Hellion because Liu ruined the character completely and basically rendered all of the character's development back from when he was created null, which is incredibly irritating to people like me and Valentine (who I assume) have read nearly all of his appearances.

the development was not success,

It was far from development, it was the complete opposite.

and it can be ignore in some part at least.

Its possible to ignore it if you're looking at the X-23 side of the matter, but definitely not possible if you're looking at the other perspective. (That of Hellion.)

#19 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

That "Valentine " is not even like X-23 ,so i don't care what he think (not include you) ,you see that Hellion is a douchbag with playboy style have so many girls before and X-23 is not the kind to girl who would like him (it's clear that it was a mistake between she and hellion in the past)

andway Liu is a very great writer and she is also a femal reader ,it was all about X-23 ,not hellion and it's also very clear X-23 is more popular and important than hellion in the market and Marvel comics.

he can't stick with X-23 anymore, like Spidy said ,if you love her ,let her go ,if she came back to you it's because she wants to kick your butt. and if there is anything more deadly than arrogance ,it's X-23's feet.

#20 Posted by War Killer (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the series and was very sad to see it go, X-23 is one of my favorite teenage characters and I was enjoying what Liu was doing with the character.

#21 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ka385385 said:

Hellion is no longer important to X-23 ,

That's the problem. You're looking at it from the X-23 standpoint. Its not important to X at all, but its important to Hellion because Liu ruined the character completely and basically rendered all of the character's development back from when he was created null, which is incredibly irritating to people like me and Valentine (who I assume) have read nearly all of his appearances.

the development was not success,

It was far from development, it was the complete opposite.

and it can be ignore in some part at least.

Its possible to ignore it if you're looking at the X-23 side of the matter, but definitely not possible if you're looking at the other perspective. (That of Hellion.)

This. While I am not saying I cared for the Helix pairing cause I didn't. Liu didn't help his characterization. She decimated it. He may have not be a total fan favorite, but that doesn't mean he should have received that level of development destruction. You clearly dislike Hellion which I understand, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But he didn't deserve this treatment. There were better ways of doing this, and Liu dropped the ball.

#22 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ka385385 said:

That "Valentine " is not even like X-23 ,so i don't care what he think (not include you) ,you see that Hellion is a douchbag with playboy style have so many girls before and X-23 is not the kind to girl who would like him (it's clear that it was a mistake between she and hellion in the past)

You just proved my theory. Hellion isn't that and you just proved that Lie completely fcked up the character.

andway Liu is a very great writer and she is also a femal reader ,it was all about X-23 ,not hellion and it's also very clear X-23 is more popular and important than hellion in the market and Marvel comics.

Then don't include other characters in the book if that's the case. Simple as that.

If you want to include them, please don't fck them up. And I understand that you don't like, or get Hellion, but that doesn't give her an excuse to stomp all over what was done with the character for over 5 years.

he can't stick with X-23 anymore, like Spidy said ,if you love her ,let her go ,if she came back to you it's because she wants to kick your butt. and if there is anything more deadly than arrogance ,it's X-23's feet.

Not sure what the hell you're even trying to say.

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: I don't care for Helix either. But that doesn't mean you can ruin a character so a pairing doesn't happen. (I know you're agreeing with me, just driving the point home.)

#24 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

#25 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, i loved everything about the series up until the FF and Spiderman showed up, if you ask me, that's where it all went downhill from.

#26 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: No silly you are just trolling:)

#27 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

be simple i think hellion and those young x kids except x-23 are just some characters for school kids ,because x-men need a large number of member ,lots of them can only be cameo or vanished.

sorry ain't bi lie ,that's just who he is.

as i said five years past those story are really not success ,and hellion really not some impotrant character.

and about last one ,you have to be smarter to know what i'm saying.

#28 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

we shouldn't talk about hellion here.

1.it's x-23's fourm.

2.hellion has nothing to do with x-23 anymore.

3.hellion just not important.

#29 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ka385385 said:

we shouldn't talk about hellion here.

1.it's x-23's fourm.

2.hellion has nothing to do with x-23 anymore.

3.hellion just not important.

  1. We're talking about her book, of which Hellion was an important supporting cast.
  2. He had to do with the series.
  3. Your arrogance is astounding.

@ka385385 said:

@ReVamp:

be simple i think hellion and those young x kids except x-23 are just some characters for school kids ,because x-men need a large number of member ,lots of them can only be cameo or vanished.

sorry ain't bi lie ,that's just who he is.

as i said five years past those story are really not success ,and hellion really not some impotrant character.

and about last one ,you have to be smarter to know what i'm saying.

  1. That's subjective. The book has a vast core of followers.
  2. That's what you think he is. Then again X is a clone of Wolverine who's popularity comes solely from the latter's.
  3. They were and he is.
  4. OR you could learn to type correct grammar and spell actual words. And perhaps not get offended at differentiating opinions. LOL.
#30 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

i can 100 percent tell you i'm not a arrogance person because so far only you said that so that must be your problem and he won't have anything to do with x-23 in future so that's just not important anymore.

The book has a vast core of followers? didn't seem like that ,not major one at least ,so who care ,whatever.

sorry i didn't get offended ,and really don't care about grammar ,people i know and talk with know what i'm talking about ,not say you are stupid just not as smart as i thought.

#31 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

You're absolutely right, I have no idea why I'm the only one who systematically tries to argue with people who can't see other opinions. It like Masochism.

LOL. Your logic is flawless.

Yeah, I have to be pretty fcking smart to decipher what the hell you wrote there. LMAO.

#32 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

We need a doctor here ,this guy just laugh off his butt.

#33 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Revamp, you are just a glutton for punishment. xDDD

#34 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ka385385 said:

we shouldn't talk about hellion here.

1.it's x-23's fourm.

2.hellion has nothing to do with x-23 anymore.

3.hellion just not important.

  1. We're talking about her book, of which Hellion was an important supporting cast.
  2. He had to do with the series.
  3. Your arrogance is astounding.

@ka385385 said:

@ReVamp:

be simple i think hellion and those young x kids except x-23 are just some characters for school kids ,because x-men need a large number of member ,lots of them can only be cameo or vanished.

sorry ain't bi lie ,that's just who he is.

as i said five years past those story are really not success ,and hellion really not some impotrant character.

and about last one ,you have to be smarter to know what i'm saying.

  1. That's subjective. The book has a vast core of followers.
  2. That's what you think he is. Then again X is a clone of Wolverine who's popularity comes solely from the latter's.
  3. They were and he is.
  4. OR you could learn to type correct grammar and spell actual words. And perhaps not get offended at differentiating opinions. LOL.

Hellion wasn't an "important" supporting cast member lol he was in barely any issues to even be called supporting. Gambit and jubilee were important supporting cast in the book. Hellion was a loose plot point that Liu ended because both characters are bad for each other emotionally.

Supporting characters are those who make fairly steady appearances.

Hellion was merely a recurring character

Laura was popular because of her stint on x-men evolution where she was created, which sparked her introduction into comics. This was followed by two miniseries that setup her origin and was interesting enough to separate her from wolverine.

Only jerks insult someone's grammar because you are getting pissy and you choose to attack someone on the only thing you can think of in the moment. Besides the fact you are coming off as a troll in the x-23 forum at the moment because you a dislike how hellion was written. Which was not the worst he has been written in recent years. I'm pretty sure his character was butchered a long time ago and Liu did what she could with such a damaged character. He was characterized fine and given his emotional state at the time(still dealing with losing his hands plus other drama) him obsessing and being needy makes complete sense with his personality. Hellion was still completely full of rage at the time and had serious insecurities eating away at him. While having feelings for a girl who was emotionally unavailable to him so his advances felt rejected. Liu did him a favor as a character by separating him from Laura.

Liu writing requires you to think about characters on an emotional human level PLUS you must put those emotional states in context. If you look at them shallowly then they come off bad but look past the cover and it makes sense.

Also you have been getting offended at differentiating opinions ^_____^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.