Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2371 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

another reasone why x-23 been cancel

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I think it's due to NEW 52 ,it's the best sell comics few months ago and i guess that's why push marvel to hit the dream title like Avengers vs X-men

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ambival1

@ka385385: Theoretically, you are right, but in comics (and in other various arts, like music) there isn't a real competition. I'm fan of X23, thus I'm a fan of X-men. Any serious event won't bring me to DC comics, because I'm a fan of Marvel universe. Like being a fan of a band - you like them for their unique sound, but when Metallica will publish their new album, you may listen to it and even become a fan, but does this puts a cross on your favorite band? I think not, you can listen to both bands. The same with comics. But if marvel will constantly treat X23 like a popular merchandise, which will gain popularity to recent projects, I might lose my interest.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

I don't think it's a direct result of the New 52. I do however, feel the New 52 highlights just how draconian the Marvel Comics budgeting is. This has been writtenabout before. They're so stingy, nobody is allowed to experiment and good products that aren't selling well get slashed, not promoted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 was ,is and will always be my top choice ,but there is countless people who cross between DC and Marvel ,and when such big event and new 52 some people even marvel fan would like to pick one or two new dc comics ,not everyone love x-23 as much as we do ,they might just think get new 52 first than x-23.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By John Valentine

X-23 sucked. That's why it was axed.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@John Valentine said:

X-23 sucked. That's why it was axed.

Much love. LOL.

Truth be told, X-23 might even have good writing, its just very much Bendis-like writing.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By x_29

@John Valentine: Thank you for trolling.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine: Thank you for trolling.

Just voicing my opinion. Thank you for your concern.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_29: Don't bother care about what he said ,he always been like that.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReVamp

Valentine has a point, Liu was onoxious when leading to other characters, ignoring development in full.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ImperiousRix

I'm definitely one of the people who was very upset to hear that it was cancelled. I thought it was a great book that built X-23 up as a legitimate character and started pushing her in some interesting ways. It also was a great outlet for Gambit to have a resurgence in comics, and even Jubilee started finding an actual role through Liu's writing. I highly disagree that the writing was 'obnoxious' and I never thought any of the guest character's were portrayed inaccurately.

It was cancelled simply because it began to sell 'poorly' from a business standpoint. Although it was a fairly high selling book for being A.) about a relatively minor character and B.) having a female protagonist, I believe (if I remember correctly) that it had the biggest drop-off in sales of any Marvel title following the first few issues.

It was still selling better than several titles, but I guess Marvel took that as a sign to scrap the series. A shame.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@ReVamp: You mean the absolute trolling of Hellion?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@ReVamp: You mean the absolute trolling of Hellion?

Yes and the forcing of Jubilee onto X. Even Gambit to a certain extent.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@ReVamp: Jubilee. I'll give you. But it was nice to see a Gambit who wasn't caught up in the relationship malestrom that was Rogneto.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@ReVamp: Jubilee. I'll give you. But it was nice to see a Gambit who wasn't caught up in the relationship malestrom that was Rogneto.

It was I agree, but its arguable that the manner that they were put together in the first place wasn't done well.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@ReVamp: Fair enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp: @TheGreyOutcastX:

Hellion is no longer important to X-23 ,the development was not success ,and it can be ignore in some part at least.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ReVamp

@ka385385 said:

Hellion is no longer important to X-23 ,

That's the problem. You're looking at it from the X-23 standpoint. Its not important to X at all, but its important to Hellion because Liu ruined the character completely and basically rendered all of the character's development back from when he was created null, which is incredibly irritating to people like me and Valentine (who I assume) have read nearly all of his appearances.

the development was not success,

It was far from development, it was the complete opposite.

and it can be ignore in some part at least.

Its possible to ignore it if you're looking at the X-23 side of the matter, but definitely not possible if you're looking at the other perspective. (That of Hellion.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp:

That "Valentine " is not even like X-23 ,so i don't care what he think (not include you) ,you see that Hellion is a douchbag with playboy style have so many girls before and X-23 is not the kind to girl who would like him (it's clear that it was a mistake between she and hellion in the past)

andway Liu is a very great writer and she is also a femal reader ,it was all about X-23 ,not hellion and it's also very clear X-23 is more popular and important than hellion in the market and Marvel comics.

he can't stick with X-23 anymore, like Spidy said ,if you love her ,let her go ,if she came back to you it's because she wants to kick your butt. and if there is anything more deadly than arrogance ,it's X-23's feet.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I loved the series and was very sad to see it go, X-23 is one of my favorite teenage characters and I was enjoying what Liu was doing with the character.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@ReVamp said:

@ka385385 said:

Hellion is no longer important to X-23 ,

That's the problem. You're looking at it from the X-23 standpoint. Its not important to X at all, but its important to Hellion because Liu ruined the character completely and basically rendered all of the character's development back from when he was created null, which is incredibly irritating to people like me and Valentine (who I assume) have read nearly all of his appearances.

the development was not success,

It was far from development, it was the complete opposite.

and it can be ignore in some part at least.

Its possible to ignore it if you're looking at the X-23 side of the matter, but definitely not possible if you're looking at the other perspective. (That of Hellion.)

This. While I am not saying I cared for the Helix pairing cause I didn't. Liu didn't help his characterization. She decimated it. He may have not be a total fan favorite, but that doesn't mean he should have received that level of development destruction. You clearly dislike Hellion which I understand, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But he didn't deserve this treatment. There were better ways of doing this, and Liu dropped the ball.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReVamp

@ka385385 said:

That "Valentine " is not even like X-23 ,so i don't care what he think (not include you) ,you see that Hellion is a douchbag with playboy style have so many girls before and X-23 is not the kind to girl who would like him (it's clear that it was a mistake between she and hellion in the past)

You just proved my theory. Hellion isn't that and you just proved that Lie completely fcked up the character.

andway Liu is a very great writer and she is also a femal reader ,it was all about X-23 ,not hellion and it's also very clear X-23 is more popular and important than hellion in the market and Marvel comics.

Then don't include other characters in the book if that's the case. Simple as that.

If you want to include them, please don't fck them up. And I understand that you don't like, or get Hellion, but that doesn't give her an excuse to stomp all over what was done with the character for over 5 years.

he can't stick with X-23 anymore, like Spidy said ,if you love her ,let her go ,if she came back to you it's because she wants to kick your butt. and if there is anything more deadly than arrogance ,it's X-23's feet.

Not sure what the hell you're even trying to say.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReVamp

@TheGreyOutcastX: I don't care for Helix either. But that doesn't mean you can ruin a character so a pairing doesn't happen. (I know you're agreeing with me, just driving the point home.)

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@ReVamp:

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By AgeofHurricane

To be fair, i loved everything about the series up until the FF and Spiderman showed up, if you ask me, that's where it all went downhill from.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26  Edited By x_29

@John Valentine: No silly you are just trolling:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp:

be simple i think hellion and those young x kids except x-23 are just some characters for school kids ,because x-men need a large number of member ,lots of them can only be cameo or vanished.

sorry ain't bi lie ,that's just who he is.

as i said five years past those story are really not success ,and hellion really not some impotrant character.

and about last one ,you have to be smarter to know what i'm saying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we shouldn't talk about hellion here.

1.it's x-23's fourm.

2.hellion has nothing to do with x-23 anymore.

3.hellion just not important.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReVamp

@ka385385 said:

1.it's x-23's fourm.

1. We're talking about her book, of which Hellion was an important supporting cast.
    2. He had to do with the series.
    3. Your arrogance is astounding.

@ka385385 said:

@ReVamp:

be simple i think hellion and those young x kids except x-23 are just some characters for school kids ,because x-men need a large number of member ,lots of them can only be cameo or vanished.

as i said five years past those story are really not success ,and hellion really not some impotrant character.

1. That's subjective. The book has a vast core of followers.
    2. That's what you think he is. Then again X is a clone of Wolverine who's popularity comes solely from the latter's.
    3. They were and he is.
    4. OR you could learn to type correct grammar and spell actual words. And perhaps not get offended at differentiating opinions. LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp:

i can 100 percent tell you i'm not a arrogance person because so far only you said that so that must be your problem and he won't have anything to do with x-23 in future so that's just not important anymore.

The book has a vast core of followers? didn't seem like that ,not major one at least ,so who care ,whatever.

sorry i didn't get offended ,and really don't care about grammar ,people i know and talk with know what i'm talking about ,not say you are stupid just not as smart as i thought.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ReVamp

You're absolutely right, I have no idea why I'm the only one who systematically tries to argue with people who can't see other opinions. It like Masochism.

LOL. Your logic is flawless.

Yeah, I have to be pretty fcking smart to decipher what the hell you wrote there. LMAO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp:

We need a doctor here ,this guy just laugh off his butt.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@ReVamp: Revamp, you are just a glutton for punishment. xDDD

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@ReVamp said:

@ka385385 said:

1.it's x-23's fourm.

1. We're talking about her book, of which Hellion was an important supporting cast.
    2. He had to do with the series.
    3. Your arrogance is astounding.

@ka385385 said:

@ReVamp:

1. That's subjective. The book has a vast core of followers.
    2. That's what you think he is. Then again X is a clone of Wolverine who's popularity comes solely from the latter's.
    3. They were and he is.
    4. OR you could learn to type correct grammar and spell actual words. And perhaps not get offended at differentiating opinions. LOL.

Hellion wasn't an "important" supporting cast member lol he was in barely any issues to even be called supporting. Gambit and jubilee were important supporting cast in the book. Hellion was a loose plot point that Liu ended because both characters are bad for each other emotionally.

Supporting characters are those who make fairly steady appearances.

Hellion was merely a recurring character

Laura was popular because of her stint on x-men evolution where she was created, which sparked her introduction into comics. This was followed by two miniseries that setup her origin and was interesting enough to separate her from wolverine.

Only jerks insult someone's grammar because you are getting pissy and you choose to attack someone on the only thing you can think of in the moment. Besides the fact you are coming off as a troll in the x-23 forum at the moment because you a dislike how hellion was written. Which was not the worst he has been written in recent years. I'm pretty sure his character was butchered a long time ago and Liu did what she could with such a damaged character. He was characterized fine and given his emotional state at the time(still dealing with losing his hands plus other drama) him obsessing and being needy makes complete sense with his personality. Hellion was still completely full of rage at the time and had serious insecurities eating away at him. While having feelings for a girl who was emotionally unavailable to him so his advances felt rejected. Liu did him a favor as a character by separating him from Laura.

Liu writing requires you to think about characters on an emotional human level PLUS you must put those emotional states in context. If you look at them shallowly then they come off bad but look past the cover and it makes sense.

Also you have been getting offended at differentiating opinions ^_____^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.