matkrenz's X-23 #13 - Chaos Theory, Part 1 review

Back in New York.

Review of X-23 #13.

The Story: Laura and Gambit are in New York to find another person on Laura's list but a strange symbole in the sjy cause's some destruction and she team's up with Spidey and the FF.

The Good: I really liked Phil Noto's art, it has this kind of old school feel to them, I have no idea how to describe it but I really like it. The use of this old X-Men related character was interesting since she wants nothing to do with heroes. Also seeing Laura choosing little things in her life shows that slowly she is taking control of it and her saving people with Spidey was fun.

The Bad: I don't care for this odd symbole thing, it just seems uninteresting. At one point Laura mentions taht Nixon, one of the characters from NYX the series where she was first introduced was in the appartement and she ask's where she went. I find this more interesting then the symbole because this is exploring her past and it would have been cool if they met and both would see how much they changed.

The Verdict: This plot is okay  but I would have liked it better if she tried to find Nixon instead just to explore her origins but the art was stunning. Don't get this.

Posted by Kairan1979

She already found Kidden and the others in X-23 one-shot.