I Can Relate: The Promiscuous Girlfriend (World's Finest #3)

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

Edited By Delphic
    World's Finest #3
    World's Finest #3

This one is more so for the ladies, and it’s rather strange saying that considering that I’m a man. It also pertains to a rather sensitive subject within a woman’s circle of friends. Within every group though, both male and female there is one with more loose morals than the rest of their friends. Stereotypes would tell you that males encourage such behavior, while females discourage. Granted this is most definitely not always true. Yet it still does happen. For the sake of this blog though, we’re going to be looking at the ladies this time around.

ZOMG! KARA!
    ZOMG! KARA!

World’s Finest has been following Power Girl and Huntress since they first arrived from Earth 2. Through a series of flashbacks we see the early hours of Power Girl and Huntress stay on Earth Prime. In the third issue we see a flashback of Helena and Kara hanging out in London where Helena is trying to discuss information she has discovered about Earth prime’s heroes, but Kara has no interest in learning and only wishes to return home. At one point in the conversation Helena makes the comment: “You see Parademons under every bed.” At this point Kara puts on a small smile and twirls a strand of her hair around her finger while replying: “Well…not under every bed”. At that point understand what Kara’s implying Helena swipes at her with the folder she’s carrying while exclaiming her name, while Kara so innocently replies, “what? Just checking comparative anatomy…” Also during this point we can see that Helena’s attire is more business appropriated while Kara’s is more advertising. Before their departure, Helena asserts her authority in telling her friend where to meet next and not to get distracted, while Kara nonchalantly replies: “Don’t worry Hel,… I know my priorities.” While eyeing the two men behind her that are checking her out.

You know I'm responsible.
    You know I'm responsible.

Now being a guy I haven’t had anything like this happen to me directly, but I have seen something like this go on between the women I have been around. Two girlfriends are hanging out when one of them spots something they like, and makes a comment that makes their friend turn red in the face. Sometimes the one that is embarrassed by her friend’s nature will act like Helena and sort of swat at their friend to snap them out of their intrigued state. Others will turn and walk away while saying, “I’m not with them.” To any that pass by. Sometimes won’t be entirely embarrassed by their friend’s nature, and just roll their eyes and continue about their own business, preferring to meddle in their friend’s promiscuous approach to others.

The goal in dealing with these situations though is not to stop this, except when it is causing harm to the promiscuous one, or to others involved, but other than to realize that it does happen and except a person’s nature for what it is. Every person in different in their approach to life whether they be more business oriented in their endeavors like Helena or more free spirited like Kara. Either way people will do what comes instinctive to them.

No Caption Provided
    BlackLace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BlackLace

Is there always one in every group?  None of my girlfriends have loose morals.  What a funny statement.  

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Delphic

@BlackLace said:

Is there always one in every group? None of my girlfriends have loose morals. What a funny statement.

Well bully for you. Glad to hear that you're one in a million.

BlackLace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackLace
    @Delphic: I think one in a million is a bit high.  I get what you are saying, it just seems to be what pop culture or Cosmo would have you believe, not what is real.  
    Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Delphic

@BlackLace said:

@Delphic: I think one in a million is a bit high. I get what you are saying, it just seems to be what pop culture or Cosmo would have you believe, not what is real.

Well the point of this blog is not to state what everyone does, but what has happened. I've actually seen real instances between women that are friends that actually mimic Kara and Helena's conversation in Worlds' Finest #3. I've seen women run into things at stores because they were preoccupied with checking out the posterior of a passing man. I've seen women at my work go bug eyed because the other girl they are talking with said something suggestive. That's what the real point of the blog is. Just to point out what actually does happen in real life, and how it is reflected then portrayed in a comic.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

If I ever meet the writer for this series, I'm going to beat him into the ground. It's like saying "F--- You," to the Palmiotti, Grey and Conner's Power Girl.

And wow the art is horrendous.

BlackLace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackLace

@Delphic: OK but my girlfriends and I don't generally don't act like that. I know what you mean, but I think you oversold your point

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Delphic

@BlackLace said:

@Delphic: OK but my girlfriends and I don't generally don't act like that. I know what you mean, but I think you oversold your point

Well like I said before, that's good for you that things are that way, but not everyone has it like that. As far as my two most recent blogs I don't think it's me overselling my point, just the misuse of terms like: promiscuous, slutty, or loose, which are nearly always negative in their connotation due to most often being used as insults (most often towards a woman). As a result, I've angered more than enough people for one weekend.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Raiiyn

@BlackLace said:

@Delphic: I think one in a million is a bit high. I get what you are saying, it just seems to be what pop culture or Cosmo would have you believe, not what is real.

Ummm.... Do you know every female in the world? I can be perfectly honest and say that I actually know a lot of women who enjoy being promiscuous and ... well, like it or not... a lot of women are Cosmo Girls and there is nothing wrong with that.. in fact, I'm pretty sure that most women appreciate a man's body or make promiscuous comments on a regular basis... It's nice that you base your judgement of this blog on the small group of girlfriends you have... but sweety, there are more women in the world then just the little girls you know... whom do sound a little prude I do say so myself..

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By COBRAMORPH

@TheCrowbar: Wow. Talk about going way too overboard.

Maybe I am wrong here, but this is NOT their Power Girl. This is a new version of Power Girl. So no, I would NOT want it to be the same ol Power Girl.

I dunno. the clipboard/ZOMG scan made me think that this version of PG& Huntress were a lesbian couple. But, the other two do make PG seem kinda like an easy bimbo. Which is again, not a problem, as this is NOT the same Power Girl, otherwise this new-52 would just be an excuse to sell new toys.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

@TheCrowbar said:

If I ever meet the writer for this series, I'm going to beat him into the ground. It's like saying "F--- You," to the Palmiotti, Grey and Conner's Power Girl.

And wow the art is horrendous.

qft

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By rav4

@COBRAMORPH said:

@TheCrowbar: Wow. Talk about going way too overboard.

Maybe I am wrong here, but this is NOT their Power Girl. This is a new version of Power Girl. So no, I would NOT want it to be the same ol Power Girl.

I dunno. the clipboard/ZOMG scan made me think that this version of PG& Huntress were a lesbian couple. But, the other two do make PG seem kinda like an easy bimbo. Which is again, not a problem, as this is NOT the same Power Girl, otherwise this new-52 would just be an excuse to sell new toys.

Tell that to fans of the character... you know, the ones who actually liked her before the reboot. The ones who are steadily losing interest in her. The ones who find it exceedingly difficult to continue liking her now. The ones who don't like seeing their favorite characters needlessly altered and/or ruined. If you're going to make a character so much different than before, then just make a new character... throwing the name of a previous character on a personality altogether different is just gut-wrenchingly painful to experience for a lot of the character's fans. There are reasons that people were fans of certain characters before the reboot. When those traits that people liked are suddenly altered, it means that the character they enjoyed before no longer exists, just the name, which is why a lot of people hate it and can't like the 'new' character with a familiar name.

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
    I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

That's not Power Girl, all I see is a decent written Suprema.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By jointron33

@I'maDC/ImageGuy!: Suprema is whorish like this?

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
    I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

@jointron33: Kinda, It was the 90's after all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.