inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Gamma powered heroes fight each other. That's about all you can say about this story.

The Good... Not really

There was only one thing I liked about this whole entire issue. (Spoiler Alert, but who really cares anyway) Logan and Squee (Who the heck is Squee? I'm missing something here...) are following a woman who steps into a high class restaurant. Squee is dressed the part to get in, but Logan is not, so both characters go into a tuxedo shop, cleverly located across the street, threaten the owner, and steal two tuxedos in order to get into the restaurant. I loved this scene because it was incredibly cheesy and flat-out dumb. Sorry if I'm being too brutal already, but come on, that's ridiculous...

The Bad

Where to start? How about the fact this takes place in main continuity? Two gamma powered characters battling each other with lots of inner-monologue about who their new powers work. Now, the art and dialogue aren't too bad, I could take it or leave it, but the story is un-savable. It reminds me of Marvel comics circa 1997 where they were trying anything to get new readers in. The whole idea of gamma powered characters who already have super-powers is annoying. It's like a buy 1 get 1 free carton of eggs. There's no way I can use 24 eggs before they go bad. Even the fight scenes annoyed me a little because I felt way too distracted by the inner-monologue going on.

The Verdict 1/5

What I'm getting at here is that too much of a good thing has turned out bad. Super-powers are pretty cool, but super-powered characters with extra super-powers are just plain annoying. If you're a huge fan of all this World War Hulk jazz, give it a read through, but seriously, pass the book up and buy Second Coming if you want to see what a good Marvel storyline looks like.
    blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By blade hunter

Of course Wolverine must of only appeared in 6 million books this month 1 more is'nt going to hurt.

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pacperson

=/

Does anyone really care about this whole World War Hulk storyline? once i saw Gamma powered Spider-man, Cap and Thing.....i erased this whole thing from my mind...its all so pointless....

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Pacperson said:
    " =/   Does anyone really care about this whole World War Hulk storyline? once i saw Gamma powered Spider-man, Cap and Thing.....i erased this whole thing from my mind...its all so pointless.... "
    2nded
    RubyShadesp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RubyShadesp3

Glad to know I'm not really missing anything.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @RubyShadesp3 said:
    " Glad to know I'm not really missing anything. "
    I'm going to make you read it... I'm about to stand up, walk to your desk, and drop it off without saying a word....
    In 5...4...3...2..1..
    RubyShadesp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By RubyShadesp3
    @inferiorego: Thanks, there I was content with the fact that I was not up to date with the story, and now I am content that I was content before. :-P

Seriously though, thanks for supplying me with what I'm missing! I'd be in the dark on more than half of what's going on if it weren't for working Wednesdays at the WP!
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Theodore

ouch

Braxxis7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Braxxis7

i love reading about how crappy a book is sometimes more than how good one is
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glforthewin

you can use 24 eggs before they go bad, just have to throw a couple 

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#10  Edited By HaloKing343

Hulk went downhill fast
    conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By conformist21

fall of hulks/world war hulks was going pretty well until this whole gamma powered heroes came about

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By BKole
    @Pacperson:
    Where as I rather liked it.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @conformist21 said:
    " fall of hulks/world war hulks was going pretty well until this whole gamma powered heroes came about "
    100% agree.
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nyogtha

I forgot that they were even doing this. They solicit it for a month and a half a full 4 months or so before it happens and then you look at it and think "Oh hey, when did Blanka start appearing in Marvel's comics? Wait, now I remember this."

Axdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Axdemon

Hulk hasn't been main marvel continuity since the the original World War Hulk. And thank God for that. The sooner everyone forgets about all this terrible nonsense, the better,

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By DH69

i...am...utterly shocked.

Fade+

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fade+

Pity  .... such a waste of energy

Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is full crap, Loeb didn't give at least any explanaition to this freaky-hulky circus, and tell me - why the hell Cap has got a metallic arm? WTH? What kind of EXTREME'NCOOLNINETEENSARECOMINGBACK is it? Damn, I would be glad enough to know WHEN does this hell happen. And concepts of characters are soooo lame and random: Cyclops got helluva eyes, Wolverine got his metal claws transformed into bones again and went completely hairy, as I said, Cap with his "hell yeah dammit extreme!!111" arm... Quesada is a VERY BAD EDITOR-IN-CHIEF. "Shed", "Grim Hunt", "OMD/BND" and "WWHs" are happening because of him

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tensor

all i want to see is hulk an skaar  face off ,but is it me or does hulk look more powered up can't wait to see the face off an anybody not reading hulk should start now this is looking good

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Magian

From what I see, it's just an excuse to have two big Marvel heroes hitting each other.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tensor
    @Emerald Dragonfly: yes they gave an explanation as  to how they changed, they got caught in the blast ray an it changed them.I agree they could have made the characters look cooler with the power up, but the big mistake is why when they change, why do they behave dumb an slow, but general ross(red hulk ) is fine can act an think like himself
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor:  'cause this is Loeb. He has no problem even in the mysteriously disappearing mustache of Ross when he transforms. It is so dumb, so dumb at all...
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for offtopic, but could someone write me on PM how to create my own list?

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Blackestnight1

I can't give this a 1.  I actually liked how of all of them Wolverine's healing factor allowed him to retain some intellect by healing the damaged brain cells. That is why he could have a monologue.  I was mifted a little by how bucky's metal arm grew with the rest of him, apparently the gamma ray hulked up everything. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.