World War Hulk discussion

#1 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible Hulk #106 is out today, so starts World War Hulk. Place any discussions here. From the looks of it, She-Hulk will be joining Hulk's side.

#2 Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

Read #106 first.

Staff
#3 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably get it tomorrow. Does anyone know why Angel is helping the Hulk?

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going to spoil it. You really need to read it first. It may not be what you think.

#5 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

-000 says:

"Incredible Hulk #106 is out today, so starts World War Hulk. Place any discussions here. From the looks of it, She-Hulk will be joining Hulk's side."

all's i've got to say is that i'm looking forward to hulk ripping a new one for black-bolt, don't know why though. come to think of it i actually like black bolt.

#6 Posted by Li'l T-bo (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of potential for this series. Just hope this isn't another Civil-War-esque unnecessary crossover fest from Marvel. I buy enough comics as it is!
Post Edited:2007-06-04 23:56:05

#7 Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

It does seem like a Civil War thing. You have WWH: X-Men, WWH: Frontline, etc. Looks good to me, though.

Staff
#8 Posted by Li'l T-bo (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yea it'll be great! It's gonna cross over into Ghost Rider at least, plus a bunch of other titles. Damn you Marvel!

#9 Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

...Pop!

Staff
#10 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

-000 says:

"I'll probably get it tomorrow. Does anyone know why Angel is helping the Hulk?"

man i am glad someone else brought this up. maybe the question you asked was for a different reason but when i asked why the hell was angel in hulks little army i meant it as an insult to angel, cause the guy sucks(IMO) he's just a pretty boy with money who can fly, nothing else, i mean whats his power anyways, are they like bird powers(flaps his wings, lays an egg or two.)anyyyyyyways i just finished reading world war hulk #1 and it was F#$#ing awsome, specially hulk beating black bolt who supposed to be this all powerful guy(as hulk would put it"hulk smash puny black bolt") and he sure did. then came the fight with ironman which i don't want to get into incase someone has not read the issue yet, but if anyone has i'd love to hear what your thoughts are on the subject.

#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it looks cool but does he come back to earth

#12 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

yea of course. you must know about world war hulk? i mean its the biggest thing since civil war, hell i think its even bigger. the first issues already out.

#13 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i read the first issue

#14 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet, wait! if you have why did you ask if hes come back to earth?

#15 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

because in the first issue it dosen't say anything about going back to earth

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad they didn't show the fight (BB and Hulk) because anything they showed would be stupid.

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"because in the first issue it dosen't say anything about going back to earth"

He's ON Earth, why would they have to say it?

#18 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i read it on mavrel.com titled incredible hulk # 92

#19 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i read it on mavrel.com titled incredible hulk # 92

#20 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

????, i think you and i are talking about two different comics here, i'm talking about the first issue of WORLD WAR HULK #1 which is already out, and in this issue hulk is ALREADY ON EARTH, he gives the governemnt 24 hrs to evac. new york city and bring him ironman, Dr. strange and everyone else who was responsible for the destrution of his adopted planet. and he beats black bolt(nearly to death) and ironman by the end of the issue(single handedly hy the way). i'm not sure but i think your talking about incredible hulk 106.

#21 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

o in my issue he enters a planet and he becomes a gladiator and goes to someplace as punishment for attacking the red emperor

#22 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I'm glad they didn't show the fight (BB and Hulk) because anything they showed would be stupid."

ahh come on bucky, i thought you and i could finally agree on somthing(besides superman/jugg and spidy/wolverine) you can't be serious though about not wanting to see hulk beat the snot out of black bolt, cause i really wanted to see that(which i think i'll get a chance to yet) i know you think it was stupid since all black bolt had to do was speak a word, but remember they were on the surface of the moon so his voice could not have deliverd the same amount of damage as it could on earth, at least thats what i think. besides BB without his voice is no match for hulk(specially now that he's 10 times stronger than any of the previous versions of the hulk) all hulk or anyone has to do is either sneak up on BB(unless he has low level telepathy) or evade his first word(i guess thats how you's have to put it)and put down the beating on the guy. In BB defence he was caught off gaurd, i doubt he expected the hulk to be standing after he whispered enough, so that could have been one of the reasons why he was defeated.

and spiderman your way in the past man( i mean incredible hulk 92 is from like a few months ago)

#23 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

yea well i somethimes read indecridble hulk

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

howlettjames says:

"Buckshot says:
"I'm glad they didn't show the fight (BB and Hulk) because anything they showed would be stupid."

ahh come on bucky, i thought you and i could finally agree on somthing(besides superman/jugg and spidy/wolverine) you can't be serious though about not wanting to see hulk beat the snot out of black bolt, cause i really wanted to see that(which i think i'll get a chance to yet) i know you think it was stupid since all black bolt had to do was speak a word, but remember they were on the surface of the moon so his voice could not have deliverd the same amount of damage as it could on earth, at least thats what i think. besides BB without his voice is no match for hulk(specially now that he's 10 times stronger than any of the previous versions of the hulk) all hulk or anyone has to do is either sneak up on BB(unless he has low level telepathy) or evade his first word(i guess thats how you's have to put it)and put down the beating on the guy. In BB defence he was caught off gaurd, i doubt he expected the hulk to be standing after he whispered enough, so that could have been one of the reasons why he was defeated.

"

Any fight they showed wouldn't be Black Bolt at his best anyway, so I'm glad they didn't show it. The man has beaten Hulk without using his voice before. Even with Hulk "stronger than ever" I don't think it's a beatdown like it was. With his voice, Hulk would be ripped apart. Being on the moon didn't weaken the blast for two reasons. For one, they were in the Blue Area, where the environment is just like on Earth, so it wouldn't be any weaker than it is there and two, his powers aren't sonic. They don't work by sound, so not being able to speak in space wouldn't matter. It's electrons he's controlling and destroying so it works everywhere. Then comes the fact that he can alter matter and energy with his powers and isn't just restricted to a single blast. He can fight Hulk hand to hand, he can use his voice, and he can use his electron manipulation to do all kinds of damage. Hulk shouldn't beat him. That's why I'm glad they didn't show it. I liked the comic and I'm fine with the outcome of the fight(because it makes Hulk seem even better and worthy of the title "strongest one there is"), but I don't want to see it.
Post Edited:2007-06-14 22:50:32

#25 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

See, I don't want to hear "the reason he beat him is..." because I don't think any of it makes sense. I'd rather it just be that Hulk somehow won but it happened off-panel. That way, Hulk can still win without it being shown that he can stand up to the full power of Black Bolt. I'm not saying no one should ever beat Black Bolt, but I don't think Hulk could do it. You don't have to agree with me about BB fighting Hulk. It's happened more than once and I'm going by that. (BTW, BB can amp his physical stats with his powers, so he can be strong enough.)

#27 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

The first issue was sick. I kind of feel bad for everyone else though.

Sentry vs. Hulk should rule.

#28 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

well i guess it doesnt matter what you think anyways(since you don't own marvel, hence your opinions meaningless) and right now hulks supposed to the most powerful, maybe even stronger than sentry(which i can't wait to see). so he should be more than capable of defeating BB, even though they never showed the whole think, i don't believe they needed to because the panal ended with a pissed off hulk who was delivering a killing blow(there wasnt anymore to the fight.)

#29 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Sage Of the Dark says:

"The first issue was sick. I kind of feel bad for everyone else though. Sentry vs. Hulk should rule. 1"

no kidding eh? it was awsome specially the look on everyones face when hulk and ironman brought down the daxter building. i mean if BB and ironman(with his best ironman suit yet) were not successful what chance do the rest of the heros have, considering that fact that hulk may get more allies on his side.

#30 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

That was exactly the only gay part. They didn't show the Hulk vs. Black Bolt fight. I bet that fight would be better than fighting iron man.

#31 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Sage Of the Dark says:

"That was exactly the only gay part. They didn't show the Hulk vs. Black Bolt fight. I bet that fight would be better than fighting iron man. 1"

thats what i thought too, at least at first, but the angrier the hulk gets the stronger the hulk gets, and right before the end of the fight(and do believe, that was the end of the fight) where hulks about to make a balony sandwitch out of BB, he looked just about as pissed as he could be(he could have still gotten more stronger) and BB looked very surprised so he didn't have any chance of defending himself. but you never know they might show more of that fight later on.

#32 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

W/e. That was cheap of Marvel. IM not saying Hulk couldn't do it, Im saying they should have showed it.

#33 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't say they should follow my opinion, just that I liked how they handled the fight. I don't know where you heard me say otherwise. Who are you to say there wasn't any more to the fight? He was jumping in the air at the end. Unless you're Mario, jumping on someone isn't a killing blow (especially when all the person you're jumping on has to do is open his mouth to send you flying).

Anyway, another thing I noticed: Iron Man is apparently related to Apocalypse. In the panel where the Illuminati are all red, Iron Man has the Apoca-lips.

#34 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

i know, i know, and hopfully they will later on, other wise we'll give them a piece of our mind(angry mind) on marvel.com

#35 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't matter if you're angry. Since you don't own Marvel, your opinions are meaningless.

#36 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Doesn't matter if you're angry. Since you don't own Marvel, your opinions are meaningless."

#37 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I didn't say they should follow my opinion, just that I liked how they handled the fight. I don't know where you heard me say otherwise. Who are you to say there wasn't any more to the fight? He was jumping in the air at the end. Unless you're Mario, jumping on someone isn't a killing blow (especially when all the person you're jumping on has to do is open his mouth to send you flying). Anyway, another thing I noticed: Iron Man is apparently related to Apocalypse. In the panel where the Illuminati are all red, Iron Man has the Apoca-lips."

i didn't say weather there was more to the fight or not, i just said IMO it looked like that was it, and your living in your own little world if your comparing mario to the hulk, and BB was caught off gaurd near the end. and its comics so anything can happen, its up to the writers.

and no ironman is not and can't be related to apocalypse, thats just how hulk sees the illumanati, as monsters/villains.

#38 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#39 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

howlettjames says:

"i didn't say weather there was more to the fight or not,"

Looks like that's exactly what you said. Here:

howlettjames says:

"there wasnt anymore to the fight."

howlettjames says:

"i just said IMO it looked like that was it, and your living in your own little world if your comparing mario to the hulk, and BB was caught off gaurd near the end. and its comics so anything can happen, its up to the writers."

Being caught off guard doesn't mean he stops thinking. Like I said all he would have to do is speak to toss Hulk. That leads me to believe there was more to the fight and that it didn't end by Hulk jumping on BB. I know it's up to the writers - to an extent, because even in comics there are rules and history that dictate the action - and I liked what the writers did.

howlettjames says:

"and no ironman is not and can't be related to apocalypse, thats just how hulk sees the illumanati, as monsters/villains."

It was a joke. Seriously, are you that dense?

#40 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

look buckshot i don't want to argue with you cause your REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying, you like argueing with people(even when you agree with them) its like you thryve from argueing with others, and i'm just tired of you and your stupid arguements, when i made that statement "there wasn't anymore to the fight" i forgot to add IMO at the end thats all. so no it does not mean the fight was over(even though an angry hulk was about to crush BB) but it just seemed that way to me. nevertheless i'd like to see more of that fight. and it does not matter what happed to BB because this fight is going to reunite all heros registered/non reg. so its a chance for marvel to unite its heros against a common foe instead of having them fight each other(although some of the heros will side with hulk, others know better)

#41 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

"another thing I noticed: Iron Man is apparently related to Apocalypse. In the panel where the Illuminati are all red, Iron Man has the Apoca-lips."

if this was meant to be a joke then i don't get it(it must be some sort of sophisticated goth joke, cause i see no humor in it.)

#42 Posted by PortableJelly (10 posts) - - Show Bio

stupidest and weirdest storyline ever!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.