Remember Wonderdog? Check him out now

#1 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when SuperFriends had the annoying Marvin and Wendy along with Wonderdog?  He was a second rate Scooby-Doo.

Woof, indeed.

Well he just made an appearance in this week's Teen Titans.  At first he looked similar to his cartoon appearance.  But then this happened: 
Yikes!


I was pretty surprised.
Staff
#2 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

they ruined him hmmm i have an idea

#3 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what they were thinking.  Maybe they replaced him with a Skrull.

Staff
#4 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

0.0

#5 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like he got in a fight with the beyonder and beyoner was just a punc from killing him and he grew a lil

#6 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I'm more concerned about poor Wendy.  She looked too good to go to waste:

Why won't you ever take me for a walk?!?
Staff
#7 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Good Puppy, Good Puppy, Don't kill us
#8 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

Early in the issue he wouldn't eat bacon.  Guess he was saving his appetite.

Staff
#9 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"Early in the issue he wouldn't eat bacon.  Guess he was saving his appetite."
human?
#10 Edited by BMBmustdie (77 posts) - - Show Bio

G-man are you honestly surprised at wendy's death? she's a titan related character and being a titan related character means your killed for shock value.(unless your popular, than your safe as long you stay popular anway!) and about Wonderdog I wasn't surprised I saw it coming lightyears away!

#11 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio
BMBmustdie said:
"G-man are you honestly surprised at wendy's death? she's a titan related character and being a titan related character means your killed for shock value.(unless your popular, than your safe as long you stay popular anway!) and about Wonderdog I wasn't surprised I saw it coming lightyears away!"
just like cap and tupac
#12 Posted by BMBmustdie (77 posts) - - Show Bio

G-man I mean no offense by the way. sorry if I offened you. and Nathandan1222 I don't get the referance.

#13 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"Remember when SuperFriends had the annoying Marvin and Wendy along with Wonderdog?  He was a second rate Scooby-Doo.
Woof, indeed.

Well he just made an appearance in this week's Teen Titans.  At first he looked similar to his cartoon appearance.  But then this happened: 
Yikes!


I was pretty surprised.
"
Ruh-oh Shaggy!
#14 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio
BMBmustdie said:
"G-man are you honestly surprised at wendy's death? she's a titan related character and being a titan related character means your killed for shock value.(unless your popular, than your safe as long you stay popular anway!) and about Wonderdog I wasn't surprised I saw it coming lightyears away!"
No offense taken.  What surprises me is that even though they're basically minor characters, they do have a sort of history because of SuperFriends.  I wouldn't think DC would get rid of them because of that.  Then again they actually get rid of popular characters so, yeah, I should've seen it coming.  I never thought I'd be posting about them though.
Staff
#15 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio


Wendy we have some bad news, WonderDog killed Marvin. His going to have to be put him down.
#16 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

So they killed off most off the characters with little or no development  for dramatic effect like a Star Trek Red Shirt. With Marvel, it was Wolf Cub, and now these guys for DC. I mean, why can't writers today give characters Barbara Gordon treatment, getting cripple, or a Secret treatment, when a young innocent character troubled and confuse by their strange powers but in end, overcame their fears of themselves and regain their humanity.
G~man
said:

"Actually I'm more concerned about poor Wendy.  She looked too good to go to waste:

Why won't you ever take me for a walk?!?
"
It would be SO much cooler if they had Wonderdog like this but still a good guy. I mean, average goofy teenagers with a loyal and fun loving demonic dog.
#17 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"So they killed off most off the characters with little or no development  for dramatic effect like a Star Trek Red Shirt. With Marvel, it was Wolf Cub, and now these guys for DC. I mean, why can't writers today give characters Barbara Gordon treatment, getting cripple, or a Secret treatment, when a young innocent character troubled and confuse by their strange powers but in end, overcame their fears of themselves and regain their humanity.
G~man
said:
"Actually I'm more concerned about poor Wendy.  She looked too good to go to waste:

Why won't you ever take me for a walk?!?
"
It would be SO much cooler if they had Wonderdog like this but still a good guy. I mean, average goofy teenagers with a loyal and fun loving demonic dog."
             Now that a good idea for a comic.
#18 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT'S AWESOME! I had that comic in my hand but wasn't sure if I should get cause I didn't think I have enough money.

#19 Edited by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"

Wendy we have some bad news, WonderDog killed Marvin. His going to have to be put him down.
"
Hmm.... do I have to point out the 52 reference or does it go with saying?

caption







































#20 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"NightFang said:
"

Wendy we have some bad news, WonderDog killed Marvin. His going to have to be put him down.
"
Hmm.... do I have to point out the 52 reference or does it go with saying?

caption







































"
             That just what I was thinking.
#21 Posted by One Shot (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Not just for christmas.

#22 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"SilverZeo said:
"NightFang said:
"

Wendy we have some bad news, WonderDog killed Marvin. His going to have to be put him down.
"
Hmm.... do I have to point out the 52 reference or does it go with saying?


"
             That just what I was thinking.
"
I think there was another refrence to an Super Friends epsidoe,  The Shamon 'U" I belive. It was when a guy tried to transmute things into gold and cause trouble with animals. Like a Sparm Whale being as big as gold fish and Wonderdog as big as.... well like Demon Wonderdog here.
#23 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"NightFang said:
"SilverZeo said:
"NightFang said:
"

Wendy we have some bad news, WonderDog killed Marvin. His going to have to be put him down.
"
Hmm.... do I have to point out the 52 reference or does it go with saying?


"
             That just what I was thinking.
"
I think there was another refrence to an Super Friends epsidoe,  The Shamon 'U" I belive. It was when a guy tried to transmute things into gold and cause trouble with animals. Like a Sparm Whale being as big as gold fish and Wonderdog as big as.... well like Demon Wonderdog here.
"
             I wonder what other refrence's will we get next?
#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

A traitor in the Teen Titans again? Really? When I saw the preview of the comic I thought that probably for the first time in a long time there would be an issue without any bad thing to happen to the titans, maybe I don't have taste, but I like a little bit of light because if they lose a member/suffer every single issue it gets repetitive and you just can't care anymore

#25 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like easy writing to do something "shocking" or "horrible" to the characters.  There's nothing wrong with wanting some "light" in comics.  They are supposed to be fun and entertaining.  Sure we all like some bloody action now and then but it's been getting out of hand.  The only way a comic really gets attention these days is by something like this.  I pretty much never post about Teen Titans even though I usually enjoy the comic.  Teen Titans should be a little more light since it's about teen heroes and their adventures.  Let them have some down time already.

Staff
#26 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Rabies

#27 Edited by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

So, why did the bad guy in the end wanted to kill Wendy and Marv in the first place? What would a demon lord guy (that's what he is, right?) get from killing two teenagers? Replace them with insider demons?

G~man said:

"It seems like easy writing to do something "shocking" or "horrible" to the characters.  There's nothing wrong with wanting some "light" in comics.  They are supposed to be fun and entertaining.  Sure we all like some bloody action now and then but it's been getting out of hand.  The only way a comic really gets attention these days is by something like this.  I pretty much never post about Teen Titans even though I usually enjoy the comic.  Teen Titans should be a little more light since it's about teen heroes and their adventures.  Let them have some down time already."
Why else do you think Young X-Men suck and Sonic the Hedgehog is so great?
#28 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"So, why did the bad guy in the end wanted to kill Wendy and Marv in the first place? What would a demon lord guy (that's what he is, right?) get from killing two teenagers? Replace them with insider demons?

G~man said:
"It seems like easy writing to do something "shocking" or "horrible" to the characters.  There's nothing wrong with wanting some "light" in comics.  They are supposed to be fun and entertaining.  Sure we all like some bloody action now and then but it's been getting out of hand.  The only way a comic really gets attention these days is by something like this.  I pretty much never post about Teen Titans even though I usually enjoy the comic.  Teen Titans should be a little more light since it's about teen heroes and their adventures.  Let them have some down time already."
Why else do you think Young X-Men suck and Sonic the Hedgehog is so great?
"
             You do make a good point.
#29 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

:(

Wendy and Marvin gone thats not fair D:

#30 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
":(

Wendy and Marvin gone thats not fair D:"
It would be more ironic that he would have eaten Eddie.
#31 Posted by danhimself (22275 posts) - - Show Bio

personally i haven't like teen titans since infinite crisis....this new line up sucks....wonderdog should eat all the titan noobs

#32 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"personally i haven't like teen titans since infinite crisis....this new line up sucks....wonderdog should eat all the titan noobs"
Including Ms. Martian and Ravager?
#33 Posted by danhimself (22275 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#34 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"Platinumwarrior said:
":(

Wendy and Marvin gone thats not fair D:"
It would be more ironic that he would have eaten Eddie."
             That not funney dude.
#35 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"SilverZeo said:
"Platinumwarrior said:
":(

Wendy and Marvin gone thats not fair D:"
It would be more ironic that he would have eaten Eddie."
             That not funney dude."
I didn't mean it. Besides, Wendy is alive... if you can call it that. She's in a coma. Cass vows rengene, meaning we might  see a "she Greek" version of Fenrir's execution in the near future.
#36 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that I particularly care about the "comic relief" from the Superfriends but...what was the purpose of killing off Marvin?

#37 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Reasons to kill a Teen Titan related character....hmm

Because we needed an unepic  death? There's been a lot of years since the last stupid  death? Because of how greatly Marvin is connected to all the superheroes and it would cause pain all around the DCU? Black Lantern?

Ok it was wednesday.....


#38 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
"There's been a lot of years since the last stupid death?"
Its only been 3!  Though I guess they brought back 2 out of the 4 that died so maybe they needed to make up for that.  However, I do suspect the real reason was that it was in fact a slow Wednesday around the DC offices.
#39 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
"

Not that I particularly care about the "comic relief" from the Superfriends but...what was the purpose of killing off Marvin?

"
It was just for shock value.  Hey, it got me to make a thread about a character I couldn't stand as a kid.  Despite that, I still don't like what they did to him.
Staff
#40 Edited by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
"

Not that I particularly care about the "comic relief" from the Superfriends but...what was the purpose of killing off Marvin?

"
I think it was really to introduce Calculator as a Teen Titans villain.

Ends up that he is Wendy and Marvins father and blames the TT's for what happened to his kids...It's a little Deathstorkish but I can deal with the storyline
#41 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

True.  Its just that the shock value of killing a character is so much more when you're killing a kid, which means the Titans get twice the shock value kills.

So much so that its not even remotely shocking to Titans fans...

I mean, when I read the issue I didn't go "Oh my gosh!"  I went "Oh for $#^# sake.  Not another one."

#42 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
"There's been a lot of years since the last stupid death?"
Its only been 3!  Though I guess they brought back 2 out of the 4 that died so maybe they needed to make up for that.  However, I do suspect the real reason was that it was in fact a slow Wednesday around the DC offices. "
That was sarcasm

Final Crisis killed around 10 characters in just one panel (ok it were most of the deaths of the event but still....)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.