AHR here; Whiskey Media video producer, podcast guest star, and all-purpose supernerd.
One of my favorite costumes of the day was this dude in his awesomely homemade Zur En Arrh getup. For those of you who aren't familiar with Silver Age Batman AND somehow missed Grant Morrison's Batman RIP run (shamezors!), Zur En Arrh is....um, it's like this Batman Persona that Bruce goes into when he wants to be even crazier than normal? Or maybe he's from a parallel universe? Also space might be involved. Look, it's a Grant Morrison Silver Age retcon character, it's not easy to explain. But all you need to know is the costume is bizarre and garish, and this guy is totally making it work.
Check out the rest of my serviceable yet low-res photos in the gallery below.
- Gender Swapped Captain Hammer and Doctor Horrible (YES!)
- Molotov Cocktease (will this become the new standard in the ultimate hot nerd costume, replacing Slave Leia? I hope so!)
- A whole troop of Mandalorians
- Coraline's Other Mother (those button eyes are creepy as hell)
- Arkham Asylum video game versions of Harley Quinn and Scarecrow (Scarecrow dude has his pose DOWN)
- A really convincing Ares (he even scared Babs! That's not easy!)
- Hipster Nerd Ash with Pikachu (solid look)
- A Star Trek Lady and a Star Wars Lady with Futurama brain slugs on their heads. Epic Crossover Win.
Updated with more photos!