Follow

Wonder Woman's Tiara

Object » Wonder Woman's Tiara appears in 1578 issues.

A symbol of her royal position and her heroic persona as well as an offensive weapon, the tiara is a functional part of Wonder Woman's costume.

Usurping the Crown

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

No Caption Provided

A not so common, but still recurring, plot in Wonder Woman comics is when Diana is forced into another contest for the title of Wonder Woman.  Thanks to my extensive reading of Wonder Woman I can say that this has happened at least three times.  Out of the three times, Diana was beaten twice (incidentally both of those characters ended up dying less than ten issues later.)   First of all I am not a very big fan of Diana's costume being fought over.  As was explained in the George Perez story arc Challenge of the Gods, the costume has special significance to Diana.  It was designed to honour Diana Trevor, as aviatrix who crashed off of Paradise island only to find herself in the middle of a battle against mythological creatures.  This is where Diana got her name as well, and because of her connection with Steve Trevor (Diana Trevor's son) it is all the more important to Diana.  To be fair though this happened after two of the do-overs on the contests, and it makes sense in that it is the battle uniform of the person chosen to represent the Amazons in man's world.  What I don't think is properly portrayed is that when Diana has lost, on both occasions she has also lost her tiara.  The tiara is only technically part of the costume when Diana is wearing it.  It is a sign of her royalty.  It may be used as a weapon, but it still belongs to Diana.  She is shown wearing in all manners of dress, it is one of the things which she rarely takes off.  
     This is not Diana
     This is not Diana
    Giving this to the person who takes her role would be the equivalent of John Henry Irons taking a job at the Daily Planet when Superman died, or Azrael taking over Wayne Enterprises when he was Batman.   When the next contest occurs, it would be nice to see at least the tiara stays with Diana, assuming she loses again.  
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nice. Although the first contest in which Artemis won was fixed by Diana's mother. I dont remember the fine details but basically Hippolyta was told that Wonder Woman was going to die. So in an effort to spare her daughter (and apparently sacrifice someone else lol) she forced Diana into another competition under the guise of Diana not fulfilling her role/being the best representative.

I dont really have a problem with the tiara coming off. But then again I wouldnt really have a problem with Azrael taking over Wayne Enterprises when he was Batman or Iron's joining the Daily Planet.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @Gambler: Correct, but that was actually the third contest.  The previous two (that I know of) happened in the silver age.  
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @RazzaTazz said:
    " @Gambler: Correct, but that was actually the third contest.  The previous two (that I know of) happened in the silver age.   "
    How dare you correct me? ME! Now I must crush you and take "your" Wonder Woman Tiara.
    RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @Gambler: You can have the tiara if you like, however unlike Wonder Woman's:

1.  Its made out of plastic and not enchanted gold
    2.  Its not razor sharp, more like spork sharp.  
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @Gambler said:
    " @RazzaTazz said:
    " @Gambler: Correct, but that was actually the third contest.  The previous two (that I know of) happened in the silver age.   "
    How dare you correct me? ME! Now I must crush you and take "your" Wonder Woman Tiara. "
    Gonna wear a pretty dress with it, G?
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @RazzaTazz said:
    " @Gambler: You can have the tiara if you like, however unlike Wonder Woman's:

1.  Its made out of plastic and not enchanted gold
    2.  Its not razor sharp, more like spork sharp.  
    "
    Thats fine, it'll still be strong enough to leave Superman's sh!t in ruins :P

@The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " @RazzaTazz said:
    How dare you correct me? ME! Now I must crush you and take "your" Wonder Woman Tiara. "
    Gonna wear a pretty dress with it, G? "
    WW doesnt wear a dress, gosh, get it together lady lol
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @Gambler: :O Did you just insult me? That's it. I'm gonna lay a beatdown on you. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.