Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Your opinion on my post.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By darkman61288

I posted a comment on CBR's Superman and Wonder Woman pairing thread in the Superman forum. What I typed and what I thought were two different things, apparently. What I though was a good critism of the pairing apparently looked it I was trolling WW. In retrospect It kind of does but that wasnt my intent. Here is what I typed:

I hate the pairing. To me it sends the wrong message.

Here you have a successful career woman. Not just a successful career, who is

so successful at such a young age. She is a prize winning reporter and a

producer of an award winning show all before the age of 30. In the real world

she would be called Wonder Woman. And not only had that she married the prefect

man. A Superman. But now she is going to lose him to a woman with big breasts,

who wears skimpy outfits, and just all style no substance. That is sending a bad

message.

I was trying to say that the pairing is a bad

idea because to the noncomicbook fan it states that a successful career woman

like Lois Lane is not good enough for Superman a prefect man. That only a woman

like Wonder Woman deserves of a prefect man a prefect woman. A prefect woman

who in my honest opinion is overly sexualized for a character that is supposed

to represent feminism. But I just what I thought and what typed was different.

Because it came out according to other posters that I just bashed Wonder Woman. The all style no substance remark is how I think a) how she is written in JL and most stories in which the pairing is shown in, b) how the GP see her as.

Any way please respond.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lilben42

@darkman61288: It doesn't seem like you bashed Wonder Woman at all. I don't think WW is over sexualized but this generation is all about sex and stuff. (Am I allowed to say that) I feel like its over thought though, because its not like they are getting married or anything. I don't think the writers thought like that while writing the story. Doesn't Lois have a boyfriend?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure, I only read the title ...

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darkman61288

@lilben42: True about sex and this generation but apparently to the people on CBR I did bash her.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lilben42

@darkman61288: They are probably just sensitive or read it wrong or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.