Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

WW likely to be Kryptonian in JL movie

• 63 results
    jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes guys, latest WB/DC has plans to make WW a half Kryptonian ancestor of Kara supergirl in JL movie. Oh and Ben Affleck is the new Batman. Discuss.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@jphulk26: According to who? Because last time I saw this pinheaded suggestion was from someone on a weboard.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Any articles suggesting that, proof,facts anything.......No?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: come on man we need the proof also Ben Affleck is batman is being discuss in the batman forum

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jphulk26

@squalleon: @squalleon:

@outside_85 said:

@jphulk26: According to who? Because last time I saw this pinheaded suggestion was from someone on a weboard.

Sorry guys you´re right. I have no proof, but this has come to me as an idea from many good sources, but I never believed it, until WBDC named Ben Affleck as Batman. As if MOS wasn´t bad enough. But yeah, it was part of my jerk reaction WTF Ben Affleck? and then reading about this rumored news about Kara, it was just too much.

Also casting Ben Affleck as Batman says a hell of alot about if we´re ever going to see a WW film. His age is a dead give away about there plans for a DC universe. Batman and Superman are the DC universe. Thats it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Outside_85

@jphulk26: It's easier to believe that 'presumed Kara' woke up after the ship crashed and stumbled out into the snow and has subsequently been trapped in the ice Captain America style. Alternatively, it's not Kara at all and the frozen Kryptonian is later found by someone and we go through the JLU cartoon Doomsday creation.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@jphulk26: Sources or I'm not believing any of it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Don't write it like "WW will be Kryptonian" you make it sound as a fact.
    Write something in the lines of "Could WW be kryptonian". Please change the title and original post.
    You can do this with the "Full edit" option.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jphulk26: this is why marvel is better at movies, Except daredevil and they diddnt even make that i think sony did or something, ben affleck fuck*d that movie up and batman will be five times a harder role

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jphulk26

@squalleon said:

@jphulk26:

Don't write it like "WW will be Kryptonian" you make it sound as a fact.

Write something in the lines of "Could WW be kryptonian". Please change the title and original post.

i said ww likely to be a kryptonian and the sources I´ve taken this from are vast. I´ve heard from various people stating they do not know what to do with WW at WB´s so they may replace her with supergirl or go about it this way.

@jackbensley777 said:

@jphulk26: this is why marvel is better at movies, Except daredevil and they diddnt even make that i think sony did or something, ben affleck fuck*d that movie up and batman will be five times a harder role

I know right. Its not Ben Affleck is a bad actor, its that he can only play the same role. now thats great for certain parts, maybe written for him, but it won´t cut it for Batman. He has to play dual role Bruce and Bat. Its truly awful casting.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PowerWoman

What the hell?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Squalleon

@jphulk26: The title is still confusing and your sources are not credible. Especially when you don't list even one of them.

Because some people made a theory in the forums that doesn't make it true no matter how much sense it makes.

@powerwoman: Don't bother that's just forum speculation, not even a rumor at bleeding cool or something.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: yeah its a role not many can play, both have two different complex personalities and when bruce hes acting while acting kindof... ben wont be able to do this type of role, likein movies like argo, hes great, just not this. im sure they just want to throw a big name in the movie

Avatar image for the_undying_tombstone
    The_Undying_Tombstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

@squalleon said:

@jphulk26:

Don't write it like "WW will be Kryptonian" you make it sound as a fact.

i said ww likely to be a kryptonian and the sources I´ve taken this from are vast. I´ve heard from various people stating they do not know what to do with WW at WB´s so they may replace her with supergirl or go about it this way.

@jackbensley777 said:

I know right. Its not Ben Affleck is a bad actor, its that he can only play the same role. now thats great for certain parts, maybe written for him, but it won´t cut it for Batman. He has to play dual role Bruce and Bat. Its truly awful casting.

Again, Links or it didn't happen.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: The title is still confusing and your sources are not credible. Especially when you don't list even one of them.

Because some people made a theory in the forums that doesn't make it true no matter how much sense it makes.

@powerwoman: Don't bother that's just forum speculation, not even a rumor at bleeding cool or something.

I´ve never read anything on this forum. Has it been mentioned here as well? I actually tried to edit the title, but it does say "likely." As I explained before, when I´d heard the rumor of WW being Kryptonian, I pretty much ignored it because it was so stupid. But with everything I hear now, the more news I get, the more I believe the sources I read it from. I will try and look up a couple of the articles.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PowerWoman
    WhineHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly doubt they'd do that. It would just be lazy. Even people who don't read comics know who Wonder Woman is, and they know she's not associated with Kryptonians. I don't think WB would shoot themselves in the foot that willingly.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jphulk26

I highly doubt they'd do that. It would just be lazy. Even people who don't read comics know who Wonder Woman is, and they know she's not associated with Kryptonians. I don't think WB would shoot themselves in the foot that willingly.

They cast Ben Affleck as Batman, I know this is terrible to say as I´m a huge WW fan, but thats almost worst or equal to making WW Kryptonian. I´m sorry that´s just the way I feel. Its a bad sign for the whole DCCU

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: so what if they cast Ben affleck as batman what does this have to do with wonder woman? beside you do know ben is not only a comic geek himself his friends are geek as well(Kevin smith anyone?) he will proly give WB some ideas to do wonder woman without pissing of the fans

Aquaman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They wouldn't........

would they?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jphulk26

@darknightspideyfanboy:

@jphulk26: so what if they cast Ben affleck as batman what does this have to do with wonder woman? beside you do know ben is not only a comic geek himself his friends are geek as well(Kevin smith anyone?) he will proly give WB some ideas to do wonder woman without pissing of the fans

So what if Ben is a comic geek. I´m a comic geek, does that mean I should play Batman? Kevin Smith has lost all street cred as a comic geek. He is not a comic geek, he´s a Batman geek who was going to cast Nicholas Cage as Superman. Please don´t give me that comic geek bullshit. You´re either a good actor or a bad one. Being a comic geek means absolutely nothing. He was good in Argo and The Town. Great but he was still playing himself, just like George Clooney always plays himself and thats fine, when I pay to see a George Clooney or Ben Affleck movie its cause I want to see them, but no not as Batman. Goddamn Nicholas Cage is a better actor and a better choice for real. Also everything I hear about this movie just gets worse and worse. Batman is going to have more experience and be wiser than Clark, what kind of bullshit is that? thats why I now believe rumors like WW will be Kryptonian in origin. Because WB/DC haven´t a f%&ing clue what they are doing. You cannot defend this decision on any level. Whether you like Ben´s directing work of recent or not the fact remains he hasn´t got or has never proven he has the range to pull off Batman.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think next we should cast Liv Tyler as WONDER WOMAN

BRET RATNER AS FLASH

AND RYAN REYNOLDS AS GREEN LANTERN, OH WAIT WE ALREADY DID THAT.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: no sh!t there going o give Bruce more experience then Clark how the hell would he even survive a battle with superman if he wasn't more experience also believing in a rumor at the moment is pretty stupid when they haven't confirm it or when you can even site where you found this rumor( Links or it didn't happen.)

p.s it was tim burton who wanted Nicolas Cage as superman and if you dont know that im worry about this rumor being true

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jphulk26: So are you going to link us these sources or speculate and make unfounded claims as per usual of your posts on here? There is no way that even the most idiotic Warner Bros exec would make Wonder Woman a Kryptonian.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

lol. People getting all crazy in here.

The_Terramachy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Sources motherf*cker do you have them?

The_Terramachy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Terramachy

@jackbensley777: Lessee....

Nope, nothing on google.

OP is full of crap, move along.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#30  Edited By batmannflash

lol

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: @lvenger: i thought we weren´t talking and were to ignore each other. :) I´ll be honest guys my brain melted this morning when I heard Ben Affleck was playing Batman and my senses just went a little off.

The actual source I got this from was an article a couple of weeks back talking about the Man Of Steel comic prequel, where we see the krytonian ship land thousands of years ago on Earth. Now according to this article that comic was to tie in later to the origin of Wonder Woman and the Amazons, in that Kara was to found them or something like that. I heard it a few more times in some youtube vlogs as well, so that was my source initially. I have actually tried to find it again and I will link you when I do, but to be fair at the time I didn´t take it seriously, but as a huge Batman fan my mind just got so angry at WBDC this morning when I heard the news that BA was playing BM that all the bad things I´d heard recently just came to a head. so sorry and I will try and link the article as I skower my history to find it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jphulk26: I didn't know you were back on here until I saw this thread. But I'll happily ignore you if you want given our past 'conversations.' But I was asking for specific links and sources for this and your response doesn't seem too informative. From the sounds of your title, Wonder Woman was going to be another Kryptonian and now you're saying that Kara might just find the Amazons instead which isn't so bad.

Avatar image for klaudius_von_sturmheiser
    Klaudius_Von_Sturmheiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has the OP provided any evidence yet?

No?

*Ziplines back out*

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_terramachy: wait what? what couldnt you find? i thought you meant you didnt believe about ben affleck

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets make afflect batman from krypton while we are at it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Squalleon

@jackbensley777 said:

@squalleon: @outside_85: @guardian_of_gravity: @darknightspideyfanboy: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Flife%2Fmovies%2F2013%2F08%2F23%2Fben-affleck-batman-casting%2F2691833%2F&ei=0bcXUv31A8TOqAHj7oDYAQ&usg=AFQjCNFhXVuCuR9IXc4soO9mKg12254T-g&sig2=3VaR1oSqbmRn6aqlXIqb9Q&bvm=bv.51156542,d.aWM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CD4QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2013%2F08%2F22%2Fben-affleck-batman-man-of-steel_n_3801418.html&ei=0bcXUv31A8TOqAHj7oDYAQ&usg=AFQjCNGwj83UWcbc9oahEdndtDNfmBYzgA&sig2=Ttfmu3pU8a8y_qm-nmc0uA&bvm=bv.51156542,d.aWM

its all over google type it in you f***ing idiots

You start swearing and sounding like an id!ot without understanding that we ask for links about WW being kryptonian no Ben Affleck being Batman!

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @squalleon: sorry i cant find that either, but i could see it happening how else would they introduce her, sometime syou need to shift stuff from literature to movies just to help the movie flow

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can't be true. That would mean that there is a fantasy-hating idiot in the industry who is seriously looking to get fired.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777: WHAT DOES BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN HAS TO DO WITH WONDER WOMAN BEING KRYPTONIAN this is WW forum is it not? ben affleck as batman should be talk about on the batman forum not WW forum

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackbensley777: What the blue monkey hell does Ben Affleck being Batman have to do with changing Wonder Woman's origins? Which the OP has provided precisely zero evidence for?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Outside_85

@jackbensley777: Why are you posting links of Affleck being cast as Batman when the topic of this thread is about someones speculation about Diana being either of Kryptonian origins or that Kara somehow ends up with the Amazons?

And no, this doesn't need to happen just to explain her. This is DC, if there's room enough for flying space men there is room enough for Gods and magic.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

You got me worried for a second. Then I realized it was all bullsh*t.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: actually this is the topic... and no if you understand how movies work or scripts and everything you hjustcant right all these different kinds of people randomly into a movie, the only reason marvel did it was because all the movies served as a pre lude. No you arent able to just say this is superman this is wonderwoman batman flash green lantern enjoy the movie the characters wont have enough depth its hard to explain

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Outside_85

@jackbensley777: Only if you are Warner Bros and think you need to explain everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Sources please!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.