WW flying

#1 Posted by victorymaker (349 posts) - - Show Bio

I know initially WW could not fly. She had her invisible plane. I would like to know who decided, and when did they decide that "Hey, I want to get rid of the plane, and give her flying powers!" Who was it, what year was this decided, why did he/she choose to do this to her, and what issue was her flying ability first introduced? I'd like to know. Thanks if you can help.

#2 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

she still use the plane sometimes actully
#3 Edited by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

and im sure it was George Perez that made her fly! correct me if im wrong!
#4 Posted by darkstorm1 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan:
Your right it was perez that did it.  However I think he did it to make her powers more relatable to Superman.
#5 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@darkstorm1:   I think it was just easier if she could fly, kind of like how it was easier to draw then having Superman jump.
#6 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its more fun that she flies
#7 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan:
I'll second that. It's just cool.
#8 Posted by RazzaTazz (9450 posts) - - Show Bio

Golden and silver age Amazons could ride air currents plus Wonder Woman had the plane.  With the Perez reboot this war rewirtten just that she had the ability to fly.  They reintroduced the plane later too. 

In my opinion it was good as the plane was a bit of a cureall for any problems that arose. 

#9 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the change to flight because it makes more sense, is easier and looks better than her using an invisible jet, plus puts her on par with superman XD

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (80712 posts) - - Show Bio

I think WW got the ability to fly during the post-Crisis era of the late 80's. 

I think this was done to make her more powerful and dangerous overall and, as DC's premiere superheroine,  to make her more comparable to Superman 

#11 Posted by UltraHeroix (154 posts) - - Show Bio

It's better that she can fly on her own. It easier and makers her more formidable heroine.

#12 Posted by wonderW (131 posts) - - Show Bio

She could always fly they called it surfing the air in the start she just did not do it all the time.

#13 Posted by TAneT62 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing wrong with her flying ...

#14 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

having an invisible plane must be the dumbest idea ever for a superhero. That's as if the Flash had an invisible car. xD

#15 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

It was Hermes idea

#16 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

having an invisible plane must be the dumbest idea ever for a superhero. That's as if the Flash had an invisible car. xD

Not really if you take into account Wonder Woman's history. She came from a hidden/invisible island. Makes sense that the Amazons would have an invisible/stealth plane or aircraft of some kind to venture into the world undetected. The Original Amazons where a technologically advanced race and they built the "Invisible plane for use in World War 2 which proved quite useful.

Simply calling it an invisible plane is a way over simplification.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.