Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

WW Contagion....

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I managed to pick up an "as new" copy of Contagion this week by Gail Simone for £3 plus postage and think its brilliant. Having read this pre New 52 book, I now understand why some WW fans are struggling with the Azarello comics and what they call a lack of WW feats, as this little book has plenty of WW arse kicking action, the fight with Power Girl being a particular favourite! Anyway, you lot probably know all this already, so my main point other than to say how much I like this title is what other graphic novels from Gail Simone's run would people recommend?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

Anything Gail Simone writes is usually gold. She's a genius. Birds of Prey, especially. Red Sonja from Dynamite. She wrote Deadpool. Secret Six (a pre52 title). Her Batgirl title of the new52 is good too. I haven't read it yet but plan too - All New Atom was written by her as well.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You should read The Circle a WW GN. If You like Contagion you´ll like this. They´re my two favorite GN´s of Gails series. Did you like The Crow Children?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26:

I haven't read any of Gail Simone's stories other than Contagion, but I certainly will look out for Crow Children. I was thinking more of her Wonder Woman run, as WW is a particular favourite of mine and my book collection is a little short on titles for the character...!

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Well you can argue about WW feats in Azz's book. I mean she is basically fighting people who are as strong as her if not stronger, just cause there is not much property damage does not mean they are not fighting on a high level.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you can argue about WW feats in Azz's book. I mean she is basically fighting people who are as strong as her if not stronger, just cause there is not much property damage does not mean they are not fighting on a high level.

Its a fair point, I guess in the older books you get a feel for Wonder Womans strength, for example in Contagion where she is punched into Canada from the US....in the Azzarello books you don't get anything to gauge her strength by, other than the fact that she is fighting people like First Born who are more powerful than her...

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@bezza: Yeah...It just doesn't look as cool :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.