Would pollution affect Themyscira?

#1 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering.

#2 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't see why not, it affects everything else. Right?

If not then perhaps the mystical cloak that prevents the outside world from seeing them also keeps their habitat pristine.

#3 Edited by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure it would but I'm also sure they'd have ways to counter-act it. Just hit the local wildlife with the purple ray every once in a while.

#4 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

My opinion is no. Pollution does not affect pre 52 Themysciara There habitat is completely cut off from the outside world. If Pollution did affect them they would probably take action against the people responsible. Essentially they would see it as an attack on there way of life.

Thats my opinion.

#6 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@press_oblivion: Examples?

I don't have any links to give you if that's what you're looking for. Pollution is contributing to the decline of the environment of sea life, there fore there is a decline in sea life population (Yet it's more likely that this would be more greatly impacted by industrial over fishing). While I'm not sure that it's ever been mentioned what wild game might be available on the island it's in the realm of possibility that the Amazons would employ fishing for sustenance. The less fish the lower the quality of life.

Global Warming (theoretically caused by pollution) has been speculated to contribute to unseasonal weather conditions all over the world and to the melting of the polar ice caps and in effect an unprecedented change in sea levels around the world.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.