Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonderwoman

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

I read in Wizard once that Wonderwoman was the strongest female in DCU, scond only to Superman. Is this true?

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

There are a few characters in Superman and Wonder Woman's league, strength wise. Power Girl and Supergirl would be about her level as they are both Kryptonian. Wonder Woman would win a fight because of her superior training. Big Barda is about her level, though I think Wonder Woman is stronger. Then there is Mary Marvel. I'm not sure how the new rules work, but while Shazam was alive she would be as strong as Wonder Woman, so long as neither Billy or Freddie were using their powers.

There are probably others.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the creator

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"There are a few characters in Superman and Wonder Woman's league, strength wise. Power Girl and Supergirl would be about her level as they are both Kryptonian. Wonder Woman would win a fight because of her superior training. Big Barda is about her level, though I think Wonder Woman is stronger. Then there is Mary Marvel. I'm not sure how the new rules work, but while Shazam was alive she would be as strong as Wonder Woman, so long as neither Billy or Freddie were using their powers. There are probably others."

In all likelyhood Super girl is stronger than Wonder Woman as she has been commented to be as powerful, if not more so than Superman. Powergirl would appear to be weaker from her many appearances.

Big Barda is nowhere near Wonder Womans strength level. She is a powerhouse but not in WW's league.

Mary Marvel was originally weaker than WW as she possessed only a portion of the power of Capt marvel (who is as strong as Superman). The current incarnation of Mary Marvel, if she holds all of Black adama power, would be stronger than Wonder Woman, again being approximately as strong as Superman.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think Wonder Woman's stronger than Supergirl. Yeah there have been mentions of Supergirl being as powerful as Superman, but they've explained that it's because Supergirl doesn't hold back (or at least didn't initially) and Superman always does and to a much higher degree. It looked like Supergirl was stronger/faster whatever, but if Superman wanted to he could stop her.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Alpha says:

"I read in Wizard once that Wonderwoman was the strongest female in DCU, scond only to Superman. Is this true? "

I actually have that Wizard somewhere. Or one just like it. It had how many tons each character could lift. Both Powergirl and Supergirl where under Wonder Woman.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the creator

Gambler says:

"Alpha says:
    "I read in Wizard once that Wonderwoman was the strongest female in DCU, scond only to Superman. Is this true? "
    I actually have that Wizard somewhere. Or one just like it. It had how many tons each character could lift. Both Powergirl and Supergirl where under Wonder Woman. "

Can you dig out the article and post the details ?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The_Creator says:

"Gambler says:
    "Alpha says:
    I actually have that Wizard somewhere. Or one just like it. It had how many tons each character could lift. Both Powergirl and Supergirl where under Wonder Woman. "

Can you dig out the article and post the details ?

"

Sure, give me a couple minutes.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Wizard #165/July 0'5

Molly: (Runaways) 3 tons

Wonder Girl: 10 tons

Rogue: 25 tons

Power Girl: 50 tons

She Hulk: 85 tons

Mary Marvel: 95 tons

Supergirl: 100 tons

Wonder Woman: 100 + tons

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"**Wizard #165**/July 0'5 Molly: (Runaways) 3 tons Wonder Girl: 10 tons Rogue: 25 tons Power Girl: 50 tons She Hulk: 85 tons Mary Marvel: 95 tons Supergirl: 100 tons Wonder Woman: 100 + tons"

Thanks G. Though, most of those would seem to be way off.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator

Gambler says:

"**Wizard #165**/July 0'5 Molly: (Runaways) 3 tons Wonder Girl: 10 tons Rogue: 25 tons Power Girl: 50 tons She Hulk: 85 tons Mary Marvel: 95 tons Supergirl: 100 tons Wonder Woman: 100 + tons"

Appreciate that Gambler but I agree with Forever - those figures seem pretty inaccurate.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Probably, I doubt Wizard is an accurate source of charting power levels. But even if the actual numbers are off, I agree that Wonder Woman is easily stronger then anyone on that list.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Probably, I doubt Wizard is an accurate source of charting power levels. But even if the actual numbers are off, I agree that Wonder Woman is easily stronger then anyone on that list."

I agree with you, though this new Supergirl could be fairly close to her.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

My understanding of the Marvels was that they shared a power source. If Mary was the only one using the power, she would have all the strength and thus be at Superman's level, just as Billy is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.