Wonder Woman's sword?

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, weird question here...

is Wonder Woman's sword a cannon weapon for her?

i admit i don't read much WW, but i can't recall ever seeing it in normal DCU...

The sword was said to have been made by Hephaestus and could 'carve the electrons off an atom', it even cit Superman's thumb when he tested the blade in Kingdom Come.

i was just wondering if it had ever shown up in mainstream DCU

M

#2 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't her mom use it in the "Our Worlds at War" story line? I thought she did.

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't remember...

i was just wondering if it was just a KC weapon, or it showed up i Cannon

M

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms Invisible...

HELP!

#5 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Ms Invisible...HELP!"

oh hai.

Yeah, it was in Our Worlds at War and Kingdom Come, but other than that, I haven't seen it so far.
Post Edited:2007-11-01 08:10:20

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

so it is a cannon weapon... but hasn't been used much...

M

#7 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"so it is a cannon weapon... but hasn't been used much...M"

Nope. It's not really a part of her arsenal.

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok :D

i was just wondering whether i should do i write up on it for her page

M

#9 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"ok :Di was just wondering whether i should do i write up on it for her pageM"

I guess you could, like as a "secondary" thing. I would say it was pretty popular in Kingdom Come. "Wow, WW's got a sword! PHWOAR!"

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a cool sword, and the story behind it stick in my mind :D

M

#11 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good question. Does anybody know the power's of WW sword.She seems to carry it a lot. What special properties does it have?That sword she has on her hand.

Did they ever give an explanation for it?

#12 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if they have or not Post 52.

#13 Posted by UsagiTsukino (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Where does she even keep the sword. Does it magically appear.

#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino said:

No she carries it on her hip opposite the lasso

#15 Posted by Noctis (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she uses it in Infinite Crisis. But it could have been just a regular sword...

#16 Posted by Noctis (1396 posts) - - Show Bio
@moywar700 said:

This is a good question. Does anybody know the power's of WW sword.She seems to carry it a lot. What special properties does it have?That sword she has on her hand.

Did they ever give an explanation for it?

I don't think it's the same sword, considering it didn't cut off Superman's fingers.
#17 Edited by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

The artist depiction changes but its the same sword that was forged by Hephaestus. Its now a canon weapon and she uses it quite frequently. Not cutting Superman's hand may simply mean that it cant in the New 52 Universe.

#18 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@UsagiTsukino said:

No she carries it on her hip opposite the lasso

can you explain how the sword sticks to her thigh?

#19 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: Not really but it looks to be held on there by the black leg strap. Its also appears to be able to discharge destructive energy

#20 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@moywar700: Not really but it looks to be held on there by the black leg strap. Its also appears to be able to discharge destructive energy

interesting

#21 Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

There is also the sword she uses in the story arc For Tomorrow.

#22 Posted by UsagiTsukino (245 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind hard to tell. Looking close at. The black strap it's underneath the sword .

#23 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: that one did cut superman... i was surprised when it didn't cut superman's fingers in JL #11

#24 Edited by TheBlondeGod (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman's sword is powerful enough to cut the likes of herself and Superman, it could also kill any Gods permanently. Click this, Flashing Blade

But in the New 52 there is one scene there wherein Superman hold the sword's blade and I concluded that her sword isn't the Flashing Blade. If it were so, Superman would've bled.

#25 Posted by Klaus (472 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblondegod: She does have the sword that can split atoms, as seen in Superman/WW. It could cut Zod and Faora, it would definitely cut Superman if he wasnt careful. It also pierced Doomsday.

#26 Edited by TheBlondeGod (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

@theblondegod: She does have the sword that can split atoms, as seen in Superman/WW. It could cut Zod and Faora, it would definitely cut Superman if he wasnt careful. It also pierced Doomsday.

Hi there! :) Yeah I've seen it, it's too powerful maybe the sword is really the Flashing Blade.

Also, Diana channeled the sword's power because she used it to burn Faora's left cheek.

There is also one scene in JL New 52 where Green Lantern was about to be slain by Diana but Superman stopped the sword and there's no blood. I just can't find it. Lol.

#27 Edited by Outside_85 (9484 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblondegod: I'd say rather than Diana doing anything, she simply used the heat still in the sword from Zod's heat vision.

Also I dont think the blade Nemesis wielded is the same that Diana and Hippolyta have used. Being beyond razor sharp was all that Diana's blade could do, while the Flashing Blade could do a host of other things. Not to mention Diana actually broke hers at the end of Infinite Crisis to stop Batman from shooting Alex Luthor... and that small thing about having to pry the blade from Nemesis in the first place.

#28 Posted by TheBlondeGod (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Hey yeah! I didn't see it sorry. Thank you, you're right! And it was just an inference if Diana's sword in the New 52 is the Flashing Blade but I think it's not. :)

#29 Edited by ZhuRong (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: @theblondegod: I thought Nemesis wields the Sword of Omens? I remember in a New 52 arc where Katana cut Diana's sword in half with hers.

#30 Posted by Outside_85 (9484 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong: Isn't that the Thundercats sword? :)

#31 Posted by ZhuRong (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Shawnbaby (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

Hi there! :) Yeah I've seen it, it's too powerful maybe the sword is really the Flashing Blade.

Also, Diana channeled the sword's power because she used it to burn Faora's left cheek.

There is also one scene in JL New 52 where Green Lantern was about to be slain by Diana but Superman stopped the sword and there's no blood. I just can't find it. Lol.

She wasn't really channelling anything with the sword...it had just been superheated by Zod's Heat vision.

#33 Posted by TheBlondeGod (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblondegod said:

@klaus said:

She wasn't really channelling anything with the sword...it had just been superheated by Zod's Heat vision.

YEP! NOTED! Sorry tho! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.