Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman videogame.....interactive.

brettjett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By brettjett

>>>> Some WW fan said at the CBR forum on 1/14/2012, in his thread, "A Wonder Woman video game....My ideas":

-Controlled with Wii Motion Plus.

-Over the shoulder camera when not attacking.

-With the press of a button (preferably the Z button) you zoom in slightly and slow down time. In this mode, you can deflect bullets and attacks but you can't attack yourself.

-Whenever you get into a battle, the combat is like Devil May Cry/Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden, with combos and whatnot. Wondy can even get new weapons, like swords, spears, etc.

-With the press of another button, you go into another mode where you zoom in over her shoulder but time doesn't slow. From here, your attacks are controlled with the Wiimote, similar to Zelda: Skyward Sword and Metal Gear Rising.

Eh? Eh? :D

What do y'all think? I really want a good Superman more, but a good Wonder Woman game would suffice. A good GL game would be amazing and honestly, I want a good Aquaman game as well. It'd be fun exploring the ocean.

Also, I haven't been reading the newer Wonder Woman series. I guess I should start picking that up, huh?

MY RESPONSE TO THAT THREAD:

Videogames today especially have become so violent. As most peeps know, they promote aggression, dominance emotions in players...what with all the gore, violence & recklessness of many games. This has pervaded superhero games too.

All of which are contradictory to the themes of WW, which was actually suppose to quell such bloodcurdling masculinities. So I would expect that a WW videogame that is true to the legend would be different & unrelated to, say, a Batman videogame which inspires dark emotions & misplaced dominance emotions. But that's exactly what mainstream writers would create...a gorey, violent cut-out, no less...since they really don't know WW.

However, its my belief that wherever the WW legend is presented, it should ALWAYS serve the original goals of WW...be it in the comics, TV shows, or VIDEOGAMES. Therefore, a WW videogame that stays true to the WW mythology would actually have the effect of curbing the arbitrary violent mentality!

How is this possible without being some fairy Rainbow Brite-like bore of a game? Behold......

It would involve playing WW as a first-person player in an adventure story involving WW having to solve a dilemma. And she would be faced of various obstacles along the way that don't necessarily have to do with destroying a person...it could be trying to defuse a bomb, figuring out how to save some people from an avalanche, etc. And there'd be times when you are presented with clues to solve puzzles, as well as think of the best courses of action for any given situation. The puzzles aren't of the usual Batman variety, but are specifically designed to work certain areas of the brain the promote creativity & cool-headedness.

So its basically part mystery game, part adventure gauntlet...and once in a while you fight a super villain, but you only get to that point if you previously made the right choices analytically. And in the end, WW would face the source of whatever threat she was investigating, then finish the mission...but even then, the player would have to use his/her sharp thinking skills to defeat the threat, rather than just aggressive blasting away.

And your energy or power levels would increase with each correct action you make that teaches cool-headed thinking. Plus, each time you face a major villain, there'd be a power bar gets shorter the more you make the villain submit...and when the bar is all the way down to zero, that villain becomes an ally! And if you kill a villain, you don't get to advance to the more exciting parts of the game. However, this rule does not apply to Ares or his supernatural cohorts or any demons, all of whom you can kill with no bad karma.

The idea of such a WW videogame is that its psychologically designed to curb the reckless violent mentality by avoiding the "blast'em up" option, and forces the player to actually stop & think. By utilizing analytical thinking, observation, memory skills, etc, it works certain areas of the brain that actually quells violent tendencies! Its a similar concept behind using ballroom dancing to help prison inmates curb aggressive tendencies. The details of this idea are much more intricate, and can be worked out by a team of consulting psychologists. But such an effort to produce such a WW videogame are worth it! Just imagine the noticeable difference it would make among the youth (not to mention, the revenue gained by such a popular game)......less aggressive teenagers, more kids staying in school to learn how to be as smart as WW, more kids growing up to pursue creative endeavors, etc.

Even as an indie writer, I would gladly get to work on designing such a game if someone paid me to do it.

You might assume that such a thinking game would bore players to death, but not so...there is fighting in it, but its all justified rather than arbitrary, which comes from the villains that you as WW must stop. And there is some blood in it, but its not caused by WW, just the villains. Combined with an adventure story involving special op missions to effect loving harmony in the end, and with cool varied graphics that depict varied environments, from the urban streets of Boston or Los Angeles, to the ethereal air of Mt. Olympus, this puzzle-filled game is unique & exciting!

Plus.....I've never met the Marston family, nor the Moultons, but I'm almost certain that they'd approve of my unique, innovative videogame design.

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By telepathic666

So basically wonder woman in a cross between Lara croft and god of war.

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By telepathic666

and a bit of assassins creed

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Bruxae

I agree that video games shouldnt entirely be about violence, especially considering its wonder woman we are talking about.. But this is so blatantly anti-violence-in-video-games I couldnt help but chuckle while reading it.

I love adventure games and this could for sure be a good one, but that simply isnt what works in this day and age, people want to be immersed in a world that is not their own when playing a video game, most of the time.. And the fun in that is taken away when you get force-fed these righteous values.

Now if there was a choice how to solve a particular dilemma It would only make the game stronger, but completely (or near so) cutting off the violence, or the "adventure" part is never, ever, going to be good for the game, or the player, video games never made anyone violent who wasnt already, infact i firmly believe its an excellent stress release aiding in not having to release that stress in another possibly violent way.

I doubt this would make any noticeable difference in teenagers, that is more a stereotype created by earlier generations who do not have a full understanding of videogames, rather, see a problem and blame something that evolved at a roughly similar time.. Just like some people blames immigrants for political change, frankly it makes little sense most of the time.

The more you try to hide something from the world the more people will want it, I see it everyday.. So should you, so in short, this game would not sell, neither would it improve the world as you know it, although your intentions are solid.

brettjett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae:

>>>>>>And the fun in that is taken away when you get force-fed these righteous values. but completely (or near so) cutting off the violence, or the "adventure" part is never, ever, going to be good for the game infact i firmly believe its an excellent stress release aiding in not having to release that stress in another possibly violent way.

I doubt this would make any noticeable difference in teenagers, that is more a stereotype The more you try to hide something from the world the more people will want<<<<<<

Dude, did you even read ALL of my thread...CAREFULLY?

The idea of my game proposal wasn't to "force feed" any values. It was to INDUCE it.

And where in my design did I "completely cut off the violence"?

And who said I was "hiding" anything from the world???

I REPEAT:

The idea of my game is to eliminate ARBITRARY, or erratic/ compulsory, violence.......NOT constructive violence.

I am simply going by WW's original core concept: Force adapted to Love/Humanity.

That means, translated into plain English, that WW uses her martial abilities (violence) in ways that matter. In ways that are empowering. Just like in Bruce Lee movies, the violence he perpetrates is never just for gore factor, but justified violence. When Bruce or WW are pounding people into a pulp, they are fighting for a just cause.

Get the picture??

So if for stress release, sure. The kids will have that. BUT...it will be of the empowering variety of violence...NOT the sensational bloody, or masculine, variety.

And yes it WILL make a difference in teenagers & ANYone else playing it.

The specific design was built from psychology, with the aim to work certain areas of the brain that quells over-aggression.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bruxae

@brettjett: Uhm, nice comeback 11 months later but I have no memory about this thread so not really gonna reply and start an argument, lol.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bruxae said:

@brettjett: Uhm, nice comeback 11 months later but I have no memory about this thread so not really gonna reply and start an argument, lol.

looool!!!!!!!

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By theOVOXO

The people at Rocksteady should definately take a shot at a Wonder Woman game. Base it off "Who is Wonder Woman" where Circe leads all of Wondys rogues against her. Or base if off the new 52 where you fight off the entire pantheon of the gods.

brettjett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By brettjett

@bruxae said:

I agree that video games shouldnt entirely be about violence, especially considering its wonder woman we are talking about.. But this is so blatantly anti-violence-in-video-games I couldnt help but chuckle while reading it.

Not a "comeback", kid.

No, what YOU don't get is that my proposed WW videogame is NOT anti-violence. It is simply giving reason for the violence, AS OPPOSED TO gratuitous violence that has no true purpose. Much in the same way in Bruce Lee's films. Bruce’s characters always fought for a good reason and not simply to celebrate violence.

My proposed WW videogame also has a thinking element to it in order to keep the violent impulse of the human brain in check. Very psychologically sound. Much like in the way prison inmates (at some prisons) are taught ballroom dancing, because it stimulates a part of their brain that circumvents violent impulses.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

Not a "comeback", kid.

No, what YOU don't get is that my proposed WW videogame is NOT anti-violence. It is simply giving reason for the violence, AS OPPOSED TO gratuitous violence that has no true purpose. Much in the same way in Bruce Lee's films. Bruce’s characters always fought for a good reason and not simply to celebrate violence.

My proposed WW videogame also has a thinking element to it in order to keep the violent impulse of the human brain in check. Very psychologically sound. Much like in the way prison inmates (at some prisons) are taught ballroom dancing, because it stimulates a part of their brain that circumvents violent impulses.

Well I be damned, this comeback took a little over a year and a half. Your idea sucked then and it still does. Now try to get over this, it's a freaking two year old argument (almost 3) and you sound like you STILL got a stick up your bum.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Impervious

I wonder if a Bayonetta like-ish Wonder Woman videogame idea would work.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROFL. She/He will reply in another 20 months...

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.