Wonder Woman to Die !?!

#1 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Like how I sucked you in with that title right?

According to the Rama there's been a bit of speculation as to who the dead hero is that will kick off the Trinity War. As the article mentions everyone from Martian Manhunter to Wonder Woman is being considered.

While that would really suck and I would never forgive DC for such an egregious wrong doing, I don't think it's her lying in the casket. While the article continues to search for clues as to who the would be dead guy is, they reflect on this promotional image or wrap around cover for further information.

One other factor that gave me pause is that Johns mentioned that the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman would end badly . . . like death badly? . . . NAH. Even that's too low for them.

Wup there you go, Wonder Woman may not be front and center but she certainly is front. The likeliness of her being the one to bite it in this event is highly unlikely as she's shown here giving Constantine a good time. Perhaps speculators that feel that it might be Diana are also haters of the character to begin with and want nothing more than to see the end of her. . . . but that's just conjecture on my part as the article continues to sight inconsistent interview points that Johns makes against official DC solicitations for upcoming titles involved in the event.

Another hint at the identity of the fallen is that the cover of the flag covered casket is that of the JLA #5 cover with JLA members reaching out signifying that the coffin contains one of their own, not an Original Leager or a Dark Leaguer.

So for the Wonder Woman haters that, for a moment, thought that she would be worm food at the start of this I hope the back cover of the comic doesn't slap you in the face as you close it on the final chapter. Not only will she survive but I'll bet that she saves the whole effin' planet all by her lonesome . . . . again!

END OF SILLY RANT.

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The dead seems to be a jla member so it is probably Stargirl. Stargirl is based on the dead sister of a writer so it is better to let Stargirl die. The main earth could use a rebooted Starman. Dc can also reboot Stars and Stripes if they want to.

#3 Posted by veronicacris (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't believe that wonder Woman will die, i even don't believe in the heroe that will die, will stay dead

#4 Posted by PowerWoman (3325 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Trevor. Nailed it

#6 Edited by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing's new, its probably Trevor/Katana/Vibe/Catwoman.

#7 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think they'll kill her,she hasn't been going anywhere since the rebot started,but killing her would be pointless,whic other female will they sell as the main heroine?,the other females heros from DC aren't successful,and they'd never risk to lose the only female hero that is really recognized by anyone in the comics and outside the comics,in the general public.

#8 Posted by PowerWoman (3325 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Like PC supergirl dies.DC like kill they are Heroine

#9 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't really care....Wonder Woman has always bored me to tears...No, I mean I was literally in tears over how boring she is. Has no memorable villains or story arcs, the only time she's even somewhat interesting is when she dates Superman.

#10 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62:

that's your oppinion and nothing more,no memorable villans?,i think about ares,no memorable story arcs?,perez run proves you're wrong.

and the potential for any character depends on the momentum of the writers,they have to know how to use the potential of the characters,batman is a prime example,miller was the one who knew how to use his real potential and made him the popular character that he is today.

#11 Posted by Pokeysteve (7900 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler said:

Trevor. Nailed it

That's what Wonder Woman said.....

#12 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: hi,what do you think about what the user "JJ62" said?,i think he is selling wonder woman too cheap if he thinks she has never had anything to offer.

#13 Posted by Pokeysteve (7900 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: hi,what do you think about what the user "JJ62" said?,i think he is selling wonder woman too cheap if he thinks she has never had anything to offer.

Everyone has their opinions. Him saying she has no memorable villains though, to me that means he hasn't read any Wonder Woman. She has two League level threats and a mind rapist. Not sure how one forgets them.

#14 Edited by 4_color_image (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Jeff Lemire kind of hint this week it is a Dark member who bites it? I am feeling Black Orchid & if that is the case I am going to be very sad. I do not think Steve will be the one to bite the bullet because Azz had mentioned that the Diana/ Steve relationship would not be explored in the =w= comic until after year 2, now this could mean that Diana regrets dumping him after he dies but I think that DC is finally about to put Diana with Steve, Clark with Lois & Barry with Iris.

Also, I am still very puzzled as to why Dr. Light is on the cover!?!?!?!?!?!

I am perplexed why people says Diana does not have memorable villains. She has some extremely incredible villains! There are no non-memorable villains, there are just writers who do not know how to handle them. The following could be on par with any Superman, Batman or Flash villain;

• Circe - Witch/ manipulator, basically as is pre 52
  • Cheetah - Perfect as is (pre 52) with the dual personality angle from the DCnU
  • Silver Sawn - Worshiper of Circe blessed by her mistress & turned into a winged Siren
  • Giganta - Genius scientist who discovers a mass increasing gas in Gorilla City that makes her IQ shrinks as her size increases
  • Dr. Psycho - Perfect as is (pre 52)
  • Dr. Poison - Mad scientist/ eco terrorist who experiments on human
  • Angle Man - Business man/ manipulator with his current angel powers
  • Minister Blizzard & the Blue Snowmen - Cult leader & his followers wanting to return the planet to a new Ice Age!
  • Crimson Centipede - Human/ insect hybrid (think The Fly)

Wanna talk about unmemorable villains? Do not get me started on Green Lantern!

#15 Edited by drgnx (3547 posts) - - Show Bio

I call over-dramatization. If all those hands on the coffin are JLA members, why would you assume that the dead member is anyone else but a JLA member?

I mean the three hands could be the killers, but would Dc want to taint all three characters?

#16 Posted by Lvenger (17846 posts) - - Show Bio

Like you said, this is speculation. Not rooted in anything conclusive and dependent on over dramatization. I'm sure the true member who bites it will be a lesser known one. The bigger names would be off the table to even DC IMO.

#17 Posted by Icarusflies (12393 posts) - - Show Bio

They won't kill Stargirl...she's based on Geoff Johns' dead sister as a way of honoring her memory.

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: i know,but i think that many people that put her down,don't even bother to know her character before they talk.

#19 Edited by Black_Claw (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

They are not gonna kill one of the trinity off. And even if they did, there would be a shitstorm of controversy about DC being sexist.

#20 Posted by wtk1013 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it would be Wonder Woman or Catwoman.....Probably Trevor.

#21 Edited by Black_Claw (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013: Would make some good drama for Wonder Woman. But then again I really like Steve...

#22 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

what is wrong with Wonder Woman dying? Superman and Batman have, if anything it's unfair that she hasn't died.

#23 Posted by SmashBrawler (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

@laserlambert said:

what is wrong with Wonder Woman dying? Superman and Batman have, if anything it's unfair that she hasn't died.

Actually...

#24 Edited by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't believe that wonder Woman will die, i even don't believe in the heroe that will die, will stay dead

@colonyofcells:I dont want to supergirl dies....bro

#25 Edited by PowerWoman (3325 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: There's no way they're goin to let Wondy die. I'll bet my spleen!

#27 Posted by Pokeysteve (7900 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: i know,but i think that many people that put her down,don't even bother to know her character before they talk.

They don't. That's why it's fun to enlighten people on what a bad ass she is :D

#28 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: true,and for not having iconic villans or great arcs like they say,she is still the most successful and recognized female character in comics,so how can their trolls explain that?.

#29 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by drgnx (3547 posts) - - Show Bio

@4_color_image:

I am perplexed why people says Diana does not have memorable villains.

You forgot the rule of the self-centered-universe, they don't remember, therefor WW's villains must be universally unmemorable...

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (14395 posts) - - Show Bio

I somehow think that the character that will die is Steve Trevor.

#32 Posted by Black_Claw (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm now starting think that Steve won't die due to the fact that he's in the picture. But even if he does kick the bucket, it'll only be a matter of time till DC pulls something out of their ass to bring him back to life. It's comic books after all.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (17846 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

He's on the Trinity War cover and has had a lot of development to him in the New 52. I'm not sure he'd be wasted so easily.

#34 Edited by TDK_1997 (14395 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@tdk_1997 said:

He's on the Trinity War cover and has had a lot of development to him in the New 52. I'm not sure he'd be wasted so easily.

But for me he looks like the only guy that can start the Trinity War with his death.He is currently the leader of the JLA and he has had a past with Wonder WOman and we sure saw him having something with John Constantine in Justice League Dark.So if his death is done in a way that connects the three teams it can sure start a war between them.

#35 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx:

they don't remember?,actually most people that say her villans aren't good are people that never read her comic,ares for example,nobody that knows ares from wonder woman can think that he isn't a great villan unless they don't wanna accept it so they just troll around,cheetah with her crazy personality and soul full of hate is a great villan too.

#36 Posted by 4_color_image (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: It was in an interview when the New 52 first launched.

#37 Posted by Lvenger (17846 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@lvenger said:

@tdk_1997 said:

But for me he looks like the only guy that can start the Trinity War with his death.He is currently the leader of the JLA and he has had a past with Wonder WOman and we sure saw him having something with John Constantine in Justice League Dark.So if his death is done in a way that connects the three teams it can sure start a war between them.

Don't get me wrong, that makes perfect sense. I can totally see that happening as the death that triggers the Trinity War. If it were just a random hero, it wouldn't make sense to start the Trinity War. But something's holding me back in fully concluding that Trevors will be the one to bite the dust. It's just a hunch to be honest so it's got nothing strong behind it.

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (14395 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@lvenger said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Don't get me wrong, that makes perfect sense. I can totally see that happening as the death that triggers the Trinity War. If it were just a random hero, it wouldn't make sense to start the Trinity War. But something's holding me back in fully concluding that Trevors will be the one to bite the dust. It's just a hunch to be honest so it's got nothing strong behind it.

I know.Even though it makes perfect sense I am not 100% sure that he will be the one that will die.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.