Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman title gotten any better?

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I picked up issue 36 after reading Azzarello'run and dropped the title. Art and writing was not to my liking, i thought sales dip and quality dip would make DC force this creator team off post convergence but that's not the case. Anyways has it gotten any better over the few issues?

Also does anyone read Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman? Is that title good?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sales didn't plummet actually, last month they rose 7%. It's not gotten better though, I kind of enjoyed #38, Finch draws some neat-looking dragons and Donna looked amazing. However the subsequent instalment was rubbish, Wonder Woman is a shadow of the woman she used to be and the artwork is decidedly not my cup of tea.

As for Sensation Comics, it's bland and not for my age group

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story has been better than azarellos run. but of course it all just depends on what you like.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aye, if you like seeing a teenage delicate-looking Wonder Woman moan and snap at people and run around like a headless chicken then look no further

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

It's a strong B from me so far. The art goes from great to mediocre about every fourth page. Still it's better than Chiang and infinitely better than his back-up artists. In the story Diana is being influenced by outside sources. We don't know yet whether it's the big bad, or her God of War powers taking over. There are several mysteries going, hopefully they won't drag out too long.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's a rocky road so far for me. It's slowly getting there though. I'm kind of exicted for next months issue cause we get to see more Donna action.

Of course, I am enjoying the art. I mean, pick up the latest issue and look at that face she makes when facing that alien thing..

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FoamBorn

"Better than Chiang", no one's better than Chiang, least of all Finch. Chiang could draw a dog's doo-doo, it would still look amazing.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CSG_CL

its been pretty consistently bad, but it's mostly due to poor dialog at this point. The story itself is okay and the art has moments of breath taking beauty ... But it's needs to move forward and get some refinement to the writing to get better.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sodamyat said:

The story has been better than azarellos run. but of course it all just depends on what you like.

I haven't read the new stuff so can you elaborate? You seem like a trustworthy guy, so I might give it a shot depending on why you think it's better than Azarello's work.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a strong B from me so far. The art goes from great to mediocre about every fourth page. Still it's better than Chiang and infinitely better than his back-up artists. In the story Diana is being influenced by outside sources. We don't know yet whether it's the big bad, or her God of War powers taking over. There are several mysteries going, hopefully they won't drag out too long.

agreed. chiang's art is sh*t. him and romita might be the worst 2 artists at DC right now.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

@sodamyat said:

I haven't read the new stuff so can you elaborate? You seem like a trustworthy guy, so I might give it a shot depending on why you think it's better than Azarello's work.

i thought azarello's story was very long winded and boring.

there were lots of points he didnt touch on that he should have.

the art was atrocious.

and overall the 3 year long story wasnt very entertaining.

This new run has more insight into WW's responisbilities.

it shows us a more humanizing side to her.

its had the JL in it and it gave us the opportunity to see how she interacts with her team.

Overall this creative team has just been much more entertaining for me.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: my issue is with her characterization ... Whiney Wonder Woman who is failing at every aspect of her life kind of bugs me. I preferred Diana under Azzarello,because she was at least a strong personality. Now she's acting like a teenager.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@sodamyat: my issue is with her characterization ... Whiney Wonder Woman who is failing at every aspect of her life kind of bugs me. I preferred Diana under Azzarello,because she was at least a strong personality. Now she's acting like a teenager.

i like it. we've had plenty of strong personality/mega agressive wonder woman for the last 4 years. its nice to see some vulnerability. Especially considering that in JL and in Superman/Wonder Woman shes still being her usual strong personality self. The only way i wold get mad at Meredith is if she writes Diana like this for the entirety of her time writing this book, which im sure wont happen. So for those reasons, i really like this temporary change of pace. Now if every appearance she made was vulnerable and what not, then yeah that would not be cool. So as it stands, its all good.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sodamyat: I might give it a shot then. I hated Azarello at first for what he did to the Amazons but his story grew on me.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

@sodamyat: I might give it a shot then. I hated Azarello at first for what he did to the Amazons but his story grew on me.

I hear you. I hope you enjoy it.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: fair enough ... I am hoping Meredith gets a better handle on dialog soon though as I find her writing fairly juvenile as well. I continue to read though as I like that she is exploring an interesting idea, even if I don't love the details of how she is exploring it :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.