Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman's live-action powers!

• 54 results
    Fan_Not_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fan_Not_Fanboy

Personally, I think that Wonder Woman shouldn't fly but...she shouldn't have the silly invisible jet (unless they do something cool like the helicarrier cloak thing). I think to make the characters not all have the same basic powers with a couple of differences I think only Green Lantern and Superman should fly in Justice League (movies). I also think they should emphasize Wonder Woman's fighting skills and her strength shouldn't be on par with Superman's but her combat skills should be enough to fend him off (Superman should be the ultimate hero and threat to the Justice League imo). Just putting my opinion out there I love to elaborate so REPLY!!! sorry if this is messy haha it's just random thoughts and I'm tired.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Super strength

Enhanced durability

Great leaping ability (but no flight..yet)

Expert h2h combatant

Expert in many forms of armed combat

Great Strategist

In short, something similar to the animated WW film.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I think they should let her fly.

Strength/speed/durability/healing all standard

heavy emphasis on H2H fighting and weapon fighting with lasso/sword/shield

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely fly.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I think that Wonder Woman shouldn't fly but...she shouldn't have the silly invisible jet (unless they do something cool like the helicarrier cloak thing). I think to make the characters not all have the same basic powers with a couple of differences I think only Green Lantern and Superman should fly in Justice League (movies). I also think they should emphasize Wonder Woman's fighting skills and her strength shouldn't be on par with Superman's but her combat skills should be enough to fend him off (Superman should be the ultimate hero and threat to the Justice League imo). Just putting my opinion out there I love to elaborate so REPLY!!! sorry if this is messy haha it's just random thoughts and I'm tired.

I do pretty much agree with you, however, I would give her flight. As a demigoddess there is no reason she shouldnt be able to, and I like her flight and speed being based on Hermes. Also, its just more convenient to give her flight.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By LyraFay

Yeah, she should fly.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I agree. Super speed and high jumping should be enough. Wonder Woman should not be a female version of Superman. DC has already basically made her close the other Kryptonians. If there is anyway to make her less "Superman-like" and more diverse, then I'm all for it.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think wonder woman should be have super-speed and fly power,maybe she would be far weaker than superman,but she was better skills and fighter,some magic weapon,etc

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do so many people want to weaken Wonder Woman so that they can find her acceptable? I don't get it. Is it a fear of powerful women or what? There are posters that don't even want her to be pretty and I just don't understand that.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonSmith

Just give her the skills, speed, durability, and strength of Faora from Man of Steel.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fan_not_fanboy said:

Why do so many people want to weaken Wonder Woman so that they can find her acceptable? I don't get it. Is it a fear of powerful women or what? There are posters that don't even want her to be pretty and I just don't understand that.

well that tells you something about females in comics,most these people complain that "they had made her a female superman",but they forget that wonder woman appeared for the first time in 1941,and she already had strength,speed and durability comparable to superman back then,and they both couldn't fly at first either,so she has the power sets she has always had,gaining her flight later on,just like superman did too.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wondy should move and fight like Faora in MoS. She should fly for sure. And she should use her lasso as a weapon moreso than just roping baddies (dunno how, but i'm sure some Hollywood choreographer could figure it out)

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty much what sups did, scaled down slightly and focus more an fighting skills and weapons.

Fan_Not_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Its not to make her acceptable it's just so that she doesn't necessarily become just a female Superman I want to emphasis to be on her H2H and not just flying and mindless beating like Superman. I want her to be able to take him down but she should be to the point where only Superman could take her down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Lasso, super strength, enhanced durability, Amazon fighting skills and KINDNESS.

I also hope she uses the lasso to change identities.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Its not to make her acceptable it's just so that she doesn't necessarily become just a female Superman I want to emphasis to be on her H2H and not just flying and mindless beating like Superman. I want her to be able to take him down but she should be to the point where only Superman could take her down.

That's what she was created to be, a female Superman. You never hear people saying his powers should be toned down for a live action movie, why Wonder Woman?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fan_not_fanboy: Well,In fact I think no matter how ww fans hate it,DC belive wonder woman is far weaker than superman,you can check both feats,they are isnt in the same level,New 52 superman look like weak version of Silver age superman,As for...New 52 wonder woman,..she..eh...well,she isnt too much powerful,though Azz's said wonder woman isnt weaker than superman,but...

What remains is hardly controversial.Wonder woman never as powerful as superman,Golden age wonder woman best feats only move the moon,Pre-52 wonder woman is much more powerful than Golden age wonder woman, who help superman move earth,thougth after superman move earth by himself,she always far weaker than superman in history

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PowerWoman

@powerwoman: Add:

For a long time ago,there have a lie,wonder woman never move the sun,it's just cover image.not actual feats or story,she best feat just move a unknow size of moon,even far weaker than pre-52 wonder woman

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: How?Back Bronze age,Faora almost as strong as superman,in fact,she beat superman sooooo easily,even like a child player,how can wonder woman match her?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How?Back Bronze age,Faora almost as strong as superman,in fact,she beat superman sooooo easily,even like a child player,how can wonder woman match her?

When we say Wonder Woman should be like Faora, we mean the Faora from Man of Steel: She was highly skilled and insanely fast, able to make Superman look like a rampaging bull by comparison. She swept through a SWAT team faster than they could react. Not just through brute strength or punching them at high speed, but with skills enhanced by that speed.

That's what we want for Wonder Woman: Very powerful, but channeling that power through her skills as a trained Amazonian Warrior.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: So you mean Faora from man of steel was weaker than superman?

Maybe,but look like isnt have much different,superman has more experience,i'm sure zod or faora in the superman strength level,no matter is from comic book or movie

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JonSmith

So you mean Faora from man of steel was weaker than superman?

Maybe,but look like isnt have much different,superman has more experience,i'm sure zod or faora in the superman strength level,no matter is from comic book or movie

... What? I made no mention of Faora being weaker than Superman, if anything I stated the contrary. I have no idea where you got that from.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PowerWoman

@jonsmith: Ok,but you cant compare faora and wonder woman,they are NOT same thing,faora could EASILY beat superman because she a bit weaker than superman but still very close superman strength and she have much better skills,wonder woman isnt,she not close to superman strength level(Pre-crisis,golden age,silver age,bronze age,pre-52,new 52)better skills was nothing to do with raw muscle strength,like DD easily beat new 52 wonder woman

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok,but you cant compare faora and wonder woman,they are NOT same thing,faora could EASILY beat superman because she a bit weaker than superman but still very close superman strength and she have much better skills,wonder woman isnt,she not close to superman strength level(Pre-crisis,golden age,silver age,bronze age,pre-52,new 52)better skills was nothing to do with raw muscle strength,like DD easily beat new 52 wonder woman

... I'm not comparing Faora and Wonder Woman. I'm not making any comparisons of their strength, skills, or capability to take down Superman. I'm saying that Faora had a great combination of super speed/strength and skill in Man of Steel, so for a live action adaptation of Wonder Woman, they should use Faora as an example of how to combine visually superpowers and fighting techniques.

Look at Superman: His fighting style is based purely on his powers in Man of Steel. Superstrength punches, blitz airstrikes. No technique, just overwhelming force. Compare it to Batman, whose ALL skill, no superpowers.

It would be easy for a live action adaptation for Wonder Woman to go one way or the other: Either just brawling with superpowers like Superman, or fighting with skill but very little visual superpower. Faora strikes a middle ground between the two styles that would make a good basis or inspiration when designing Wonder Woman's live action fighting style.

I'm not making any accusations of who'd beat whom, nor comparing their respective power levels. Just saying Faora's Man of Steel fighting style would make a good inspiration for Wonder Woman's.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Yep,but i think she isnt need super-speed

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PowerWoman

About wonder woman power,I think should be take them

you would be never see wonder woman can toe with toe fight darkseid/lobo/doomsday/zod,these superman's heavyweight villain,wonder woman cant beat any superman heavyweight villain,so,I think DC should change her powers,she should be weak,Her main forces should be skills and magical weapons,not super-strength or super-speed(should be take this power)she would be superhuman strong,but not superman strength level,she would be very fast,but not flash level,she would be not invulnerable,but more skills than batman

she could be hurt superman,but only magic weapons,not because her strength and speed,i think that would be a good idea for wonder woman movie or comic book,she was not a super-girl/woman,a supergirl just as powerful as superman,back silver age

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman ditto

@fan_not_fanboy i see your point

WW was portrayed perfectly in the animated Movie and she couldn't fly; did that stop her from giving ares the beat down?.....nope

WW doesn't need to be exactly like superman (power wise) to be considered a good character.

if anything, she should resemble hercules (a super strong warrior) rather than a high flying super speeding, super powered alien.

It seems like the whole ordeal with Hermes' giving her flight and speed, was just an attempt to make her more like superman.....i think she's good without it.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Normal power set....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33 the_stegman  Moderator

The reason I didn't want her to fly is because I want her to get it in a separate movie or the end of the first movie. In her first film she should be stronger than the other amazons and on par with MOS Superman, have enhanced durability (except for piercing weapons), she should be faster and more agile than most and be an expert h2h fighter and weapon master. That's it. I think she needs to prove herself in her first movie, maybe fighting Ares, then as a reward, each god grants her a gift, Hermes could then bestow flight upon her, and Hephaestus can make her armor, and Aphrodite can give her the Golden Lasso. As for Zeus, being her father( I would hope they make her a demi god) his gift flows through her always, his blood, his power.

Yes, WW was a "female Superman" of sorts when she was created, but her mythos is VASTLY different from his, and so are her powers' origins, I don't want her getting them all at once like Superman did, they should grow and develop over time.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PowerWoman

@marvel123: Hi,a long time ago not see you

@the_stegman: Wonder woman should much weaker than superman in movie

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jphulk26

@deaditegonzo: @scorpio_cassadine: @jonsmith: @powerwoman: @rulerofthisuniverse: @the_stegman: @batmannflash: @powerwoman: i think she should have all her powers and weapons including animal empathy. if you don´t want them to have the same powers, take supermans flight, let him leap around like a moron. Why does Wonder Woman always have to suffer, when it comes to this debate. She can fly, her strength is comparible to Superman´s get over it. Also quite frankly her powers are different to Superman if depicted properly. Her strength comes from the earth and contact with the Earth replensihes her healiing her from injury, animal empathy is also different from Superman and can be used in a cool way. She has weapons, with there own powers, which is different from superman, leave Wondy alone bullies :)

@marvel123: Hi,a long time ago not see you

@the_stegman: Wonder woman should much weaker than superman in movie

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PowerWoman

@jphulk26: She not superwoman,she not superman power level,but she could be have other powers,Usually we are belive wonder woman should be close superman strength,speed,etc,but that just wrong idea

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By marvel123

@jphulk26 said:" if you don´t want them to have the same powers, take supermans flight, let him leap around like a moron. "

Ha, this cracked me up, and reminded me of superboy in young justice..........poor kid couldn't fly.

I am a fan of WW, I am Not a misogynist, and I don't have a problem with powerful female characters; However, regarding her powers, i still sense this inconspicuous " anything you can do, I can do better"- female superiority mentality. I don't really sense that from supergirl, rougue, jean grey, miss martian, mos faora, starfire , the other amazonians or any other female characters.

I know her origin story is different:, but "William Moulton Marston, the creator of Wonder Woman, wanted to create a character like Superman with his powers, but with her own caring personality." writers can tell any story they want to elevate her abilities to be on par with superman's, now she's practically like a kryptonian without heat vision ( i even saw a scan depicting her using superbreath)..........there's not much distinction

imo , WW doesn't have to be on par with superman and the kryptonians in order to be a good character; just like superman doesn't have to be as fast as the flash or batman's fighting skills don't have to be as good as WW's

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123: The problem it's DC always make superman much more powerful than wonder woman,so,wonder woman isnt need have power like a kryptonians,when she far weaker than superman,we can change her powers,like she-ra,like Storm,she isnt need super-strength or super-speed,When they are it means nothing.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: @marvel123: I agree @marvel123: she shouldn´t have superbreath, but I don´t see the problem with her flying. I actually believe its important to her character, that her strength and abilities are comparable to Superman without being the same. I also think if they use Perrez as a model for her abilities, her powers and skills are very different from Superman. Wisdom, animal empathy, healing (not invulnerable), superstrength by being connected to the Earth, oneness with the fires Hestia allowing her to wield the lasso. For me this power set is different from supermans and added to that you have her magic weapons and different personality. I really don´t understand how anyone who read the history of ww comics can truly believe she´s a female superman. to me she´s so different, both in motivation, objective, skills and power set. Superman is a completely different character. Why does no one say this about Martian Manhunter? or say superman should lose his speed because of The Flash? If one uses their imagination there is very cool ways to differentiate each´s power set on screen with out weakening them, thats the way I see it.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Can't agree more!! The source of her power is completely different from Superman's and that leaves plenty of room for writers to maneuver. Using her powers wisely she can be much more able than she is now in the Justice League, where she basically fights randomly and yells and chasing Superman around. Heck if they do it right she may finally have the chance, for one time, to be in the spot light and over-shine Superman and Batman. But perhaps some people just don't want that to happen.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: True,wonder woman never as strong as superman,and she never as fast as flash,but that not matter,she have more skills and magic weapon like thor

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

She can't have superior physicals to Superman and since Cavil's was weaker and slower than most versions it means they are going to nerf the s**t out of her. They'll probably eliminate her side powers (comm with animals, unity with beasts and the like). She better have the lasso and her bracelets better not be scratched. It sounds like a threat cause it is lol

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By marvel123

@jphulk26:

@jphulk26 said: Why does no one say this about Martian Manhunter? or say superman should lose his speed because of The Flash? If one uses their imagination there is very cool ways to differentiate each´s power set on screen with out weakening them, thats the way I see it"

ha, at this point i think martian manhunter has upstaged superman, and a couple other heroes are close as well (WW is among those). superman was dc's standard for strength and flight but now he's not as special and distinguishable as before; everybody is on par with everybody now (or so it seems).

this scene kinds/sorta distinguishes clark's speed from flash's.......... clark doesn't loose speed or become de-powered, flash is simply just faster.

Loading Video...

hypothetical situation: what if dc writers/directors started to depict superman, other kryptonians, GL's,WW, captain atom, the shazam family, martian manhunter, and many others having speed levels equal to or greater than the flashes. flash is supposed to be the fastest dc character, and now all of a sudden his speed is just like many other characters (who have many other abilities than him).........essentially this is what has happened to superman.

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can Wonder Woman have her fighting skills in armed and hand-to-hand combat displayed if some want her overall strength and speed scaled back? And if her overall strength would be decreased, her durability would also suffer. She's already not invulnerable. That's her main weakness. Besides, her original incarnation already had strength and speed comparable to early Superman.

She should fly. It would limit her if she could only fight on the ground, or have to call on the Invisible Jet to travel by air. They should utilize her armor and lasso more. The lasso can also function as a whip, show us whipping action! Her Tiara is sharp, and can function like a boomerang. Show some Tiara-cutting magic! Also, show off the bracelets more. Her bracelets are indestructible, and can form an impenetrable shield when clasped together, deflecting practically anything. I would also like to see her channel some lightning through the bracelets.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123 said:

@jphulk26 said:" if you don´t want them to have the same powers, take supermans flight, let him leap around like a moron. "

Ha, this cracked me up, and reminded me of superboy in young justice..........poor kid couldn't fly.

I am a fan of WW, I am Not a misogynist, and I don't have a problem with powerful female characters; However, regarding her powers, i still sense this inconspicuous " anything you can do, I can do better"- female superiority mentality. I don't really sense that from supergirl, rougue, jean grey, miss martian, mos faora, starfire , the other amazonians or any other female characters.

I know her origin story is different:, but "William Moulton Marston, the creator of Wonder Woman, wanted to create a character like Superman with his powers, but with her own caring personality." writers can tell any story they want to elevate her abilities to be on par with superman's, now she's practically like a kryptonian without heat vision ( i even saw a scan depicting her using superbreath)..........there's not much distinction

imo , WW doesn't have to be on par with superman and the kryptonians in order to be a good character; just like superman doesn't have to be as fast as the flash or batman's fighting skills don't have to be as good as WW's

When Marston created her, she had Superman level powers, but they weren't HIS powers. He doesn't have the monopoly on flight or super strength, there are hundreds of characters with those abilities. What sets Diana apart now is the lasso, her warrior training and skill with classical weapons. She's also not invulnerable, she doesn't have heat vision or Kryptonian technology. We don't want her to be Kryptonian, we want her to be in his league. She's proved that already by defeating Supergirl.

The guys in charge at DC have taken away her origin, her mother and sisters, her benevolent Amazon principles, Amazon technology, her unity with beasts power, the offensive capabilities of her tiara, most of her villains and her invisible jet.

Let the woman fly dammit!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: True,marston created her,she as strong as golden age superman,since silver age superman get more and more stronger than before,wonder woman isnt follow with him

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WonderWomanFan8

@scorpio_cassadine I know! How much more do people want her abilities to be decreased? Lol...

I remember a quote by Diana saying that "The only thing greater than super strength is the power of the brain". Apparently, it was suggested that any woman who would undergo Amazonian training would gain enhanced strength. I think Wonder Woman also had a little telepathy. She could make herself stronger by focusing, or some kind of meditation, channeling energy from her brain into her muscles. I thought that was really unique. It would be nice to see something like that.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jphulk26

@scorpio_cassadine: bravo. this is what happens to powerful female characters that can play with boys, they strip away slowiy everything that makes them unique. this really pisses me off about Azzerrelo. Apparently he wanted to make ww different from superman, but all he achieved by taking her Godly blessings is making her a weaker version of superman with no lazer vision. period. atleast before her powers were very diifferent and came from a different source. I hate this Idea of her as Goddess or demi-god. How does that make her more relatable. before she was human/amazon with mystical blessings. she was closer to us when she was just champion of the gods, but not a God or related to Gods herself.

WonderWomanFan8 - yeah i like that channeling power as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.