Wonder Woman Respect Thread

• 79 results
#1 Edited by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

i am making this thread just like the Superman Thread :) 

Wonder Woman is Amazing charecter, my favorite hero of all time! i really love her powers and her weapons speacially the braclets and the lasso, and i also love that she is in the Greek mythology, and i also love that she never gives up! she will do anything to save the earth and the people! she is the perfect hero!     

#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by RedRyan (123 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan:

What do you think of the current JMS run?
#5 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

She's not my favorite female character but she's awesome.

#7 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@CylonDorado said:
"@RedRyan said:
"@WW-Fan: It is early yet but I think it's at least interesting. The Simone run started well with The Circle which was amazing but it was just never that good again. "
????? I thaught it got a lot better as went on, personally. My favorite by far was the one with Genocide. "

Yeah me too! The Rise of the Olympians was amazing!!
#8 Posted by Britt601 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

She is an awesome character. What's better than a chick who can kick some serious a**?!
#9 Posted by RedRyan (123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach:
I agree that writers have problems deciding what direction to take the character and even though the costume change got her lots of publicity none of that will matter if the stories aren't good enough. I think the character needs to be brought more into the mainstream of the DCU. She is easily as good a character as Batman or Superman but while they seem to be able to support any number of books she struggles to support one. I think this will always be the case until she starts to feel relevant to people reading other books. 
#10 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8737 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedRyan said:
" @CShe is easily as good a character as Batman or Superman but while they seem to be able to support any number of books she struggles to support one. I think this will always be the case until she starts to feel relevant to people reading other books.  "
I agree. And to me, WW doesn't fight government agents, she wrestles hydras.
#11 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I felt like she was slightly shafted in Infinite Crisis, and majorly shafted in Final Crisis. These are the big events a lot of other people read, so if she was portrayed well in them, people might think she was more cool. I havn't read any of Blackest Night or Brightest Day, but at least I can tell she's in some proper fight scenes there.  

#12 Posted by RedRyan (123 posts) - - Show Bio
@CylonDorado:
To be fair even though the first arc was my favourite I never thought it was bad it just never kicked into a higher gear for me. I thought Genocide looked so silly it was hard to take as a serious threat despite how powerful the character was supposed to be.
#13 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought this was a respect thread hmm :/
#14 Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wonder Woman, but I think the writers aren't writing her too her true potential. To be honest, the greatest Wonder Woman moments I see are in Justice League books (at least the ones from a couple years back). I want to see writers integrate her mythical background with the real world so she can become even better. That's why I'm optimistic for JMS' run on the character.

#15 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedRyan:
I thaught she really fit the bill as a frankenstein-type-thing.
#16 Posted by RedRyan (123 posts) - - Show Bio
@CylonDorado:
I thought she looked more like a really angry hedge!!
#17 Posted by RedRyan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

And Nooo hairstylists either by the look of it.
#18 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedRyan:
WHHYYYYY would they bother doing her hair?  

Scientist: "We've completed the monster, but it's hair is a bit messy. I've already sent for a stylist. She's gonna look fabulous by the time we're done done with her, it should just take a few hours." 

Cheetah: "You're fired".
#19 Posted by RedRyan (123 posts) - - Show Bio
@CylonDorado:
These things are important and need to be discussed but I think we should save them for the Genocide respect thread!
#20 Edited by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedRyan:
Lol, capitol idea. Pictured: respect.

#21 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF:
Hikitea.
#22 Posted by RedRyan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin said: 
@WW-Fan said:
"

"
Let's just all take in consideration this is just a cover and in the issue it didn't end up this way.  Diana is the right person to keep Superman in check, though. She can do a better job than Bruce with that ring. "
Tower of Babel begs to differ. 

Wonder Woman rules, and this is one of my favourite images of her;
#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  I thought you didn't agree with what I said about Diana, while you disagreed with what I said about Batman.   Ok, I can give you think. With resources and time, Batman is the man to take down the Man of Steel, right on the fly Wonder Woman is the... well, woman for the job!! "
Yeh, most assuredly. I agree with that completely:)

Sorry for not being clearer before.
#26 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:  Those are cools. As far as Else-worlds version goes this is my favourite!

#27 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin: It's very good.
#28 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
"This one of my favorites images of her:

And this one also:

Not canon, I know, but I like it. "

that isnt really wonder woman :/
#29 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan: I know, she is from Just Imagine.
#30 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:
yup :)
#31 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin said:
" @ComicMan24:  Those are cools. As far as Else-worlds version goes this is my favourite!

"

I don't think that was else-worlds. It was on another plane, but it was definitely canon.
#32 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@CylonDorado said:
" @Calvin said:
" @ComicMan24:  Those are cools. As far as Else-worlds version goes this is my favourite!

"
I don't think that was else-worlds. It was on another plane, but it was definitely canon. "
I remember it now. It was from the Ends of the Earth. It was canon.
#33 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Well it was on another reality or planet or whatever. It was confusing!
#34 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin:
Maybe a smidge. They needed to travel to different planes to get all the warriors they needed that were destined to beat the demon.
#35 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Wonder Woman is awesome anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what awesome is. "
Co-signed. 
#36 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll respect her when this happens!!!

#37 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man:
why only then?
#38 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by ombla2 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

the best superherine EVER

#40 Posted by RubyShadesp3 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Woman Woman is amazing on so many levels. She's so much more than the warrior princess a lot of people write her off as, and I think that's part of the reason so many writers don't seem to quite get her (in my opinion, Rucka and Simone are two of the few who have done her justice). It's been a frustrating decade being a Wonder Woman fan, but I think that sooner or later we will get that darn movie, and it will be good. The animated film was actually a lot better than I expected but was also greatly under advertised. It's been a slow (and many times disappointing) process, but we're getting there!

#41 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

#42 Edited by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan What do you think of how the new costume fits in with the rest of the DC superheroes, as shown in the scan above which i posted. 
#43 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow said:
" @WW-Fan said: What do you think of how the new costume fits in with the rest of the DC superheroes, as shown in the scan above which i posted. Which is about a halloween special comic ...:D "

hmm  i think it would fit better if the jacket were off :)
#44 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I so more than respect Wonder Woman

#46 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Love her! Gurl is DC's queen. <3 

#47 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Noticing a lack of feats in her respect thread, so I'll be posting some.   

With her lasso,she manages to rope Flash who is stuck in superspeed.

Her Bracelets give her the ability to channel Zeus's lightning offensively.

Her reflexes enable her to easily reflect back many blasts of heat vision.

Wonder Woman is able to catch a meteor, that Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. together were unable to stop.

Wonder Woman briefly overpowering a Daxamite.
#48 Posted by theik2 (207 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect Wonder Woman. She seems to be better adjusted than some of the others.  But mostly, I respect her because she can kick my butt.
#49 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
Whoah! Where/what is happening here? Never seen that before.
#50 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son_of_Magnus: yowzers what happened here?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.