Wonder Woman - Question.

#1 Posted by Sewy18 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Is WW Bulletproof ?

I understand that WW is pretty much a goddess and can take lots of physical damage, but what's up with her bracelets is that the only way she can stop sharp objects / bullets? if three guys surrounded her with automatic rifles , there's no way in hell she can deflect all those bullets. Her bracelets are't big enough and if her body is bulletproof , Why the hell does she need the bracelets ??

#2 Edited by PhilyD (43 posts) - - Show Bio

They are a symbol the bondage that the Amazons were under when Hercules was in power. They are supposed to serve as a reminder that they are free of being ruled by men and that they must fight to retain their independence. Plus they match her headband.

EDIT: Not sure if she is invulnerable

#3 Posted by Juiceboks (8943 posts) - - Show Bio

1. No..she's not bulletproof. Hence why she deflects bullets instead of tanking them like Superman does.

2. She is actually fast enough to deflect gunfire from multiple directions..I don't know where you got the idea that she can't..

3. Her braces are bigger than bullets..so they are of sufficient size to deflect them.

#4 Posted by Sewy18 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously ..she can't take a knife or bullet shot ?

How the hell does she last so long if all it takes is one bullet to kill her ? does she regenerate very fast ?

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@sewy18 said:

How the hell does she last so long if all it takes is one bullet to kill her ? does she regenerate very fast ?

She's not squishy, but she's not superman level invulnerable. She lasts long because she's a badass demi-goddess trained by War himself as his successor.

#6 Edited by SheenLantern (6627 posts) - - Show Bio

@sewy18 said:

No, it's just that piercing weapons get past her invulnerability. She could take a nuke point-blank to the face with no problems whatsoever.

#7 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio
@sheenlantern said:

@sewy18 said:

No, it's just that piercing weapons get past her invulnerability. She could take a nuke point-blank to the face with no problems whatsoever.

Are you exaggerating, or can she really do that? It's an honest question; I don't know that much about Diana.

#8 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@sewy18 said:

Are you exaggerating, or can she really do that? It's an honest question; I don't know that much about Diana.

I'm not sure about the nuke point blank but I'm pretty sure she's highly invulnerable, near Superman level. I'm pretty sure she can withstand a knife attack and bullets. The bouncing them off her gauntlets because it's just traditional to do and very flashy.

#9 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@sewy18 said:

No. That was an exaggeration. She can't take a nuke to the face. -_-

She might survive, but she would be dealing with some serious injuries.

#10 Posted by SheenLantern (6627 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I knew she's durable enough to hold her own in a fight against Supes, but I wasn't sure how high her durability level actually was.

I also remember hearing that she can cross he bracelets and create her own energy field? Again, I may be totally wrong.

#12 Edited by SheenLantern (6627 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996 said:

Of course she can. Look at the scans I just posted. She punches a thermonuclear hydrogen missile and it explodes a few inches away from her face. Next page - Not even a scratch.

#13 Edited by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Only in Injustice is Wonder Woman bullet proof.

It's to show that even though she tanks nukes and Superman punches, she has limits; in which a bullet can hurt her.

#14 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Wow. Okay, but is this consistent with her usual feats, or is it like the time Wolverine survived a nuclear bomb? Because that was P.I.S.

#15 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996 said:

Of course she can. Look at the scans I just posted. She punches a thermonuclear hydrogen missile and it explodes a few inches away from her face. Next page - Not even a scratch.

Alright fair enough. I guess it just seems to change from writer/era to writer/era.

#16 Posted by Juiceboks (8943 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie said:
@sheenlantern said:

@sewy18 said:

I'm not sure about the nuke point blank but I'm pretty sure she's highly invulnerable, near Superman level. I'm pretty sure she can withstand a knife attack and bullets. The bouncing them off her gauntlets because it's just traditional to do and very flashy.

She can't

#17 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9351 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

how dose that make sense a nuke cant hurt her but a bullet can?

#18 Posted by SheenLantern (6627 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Wow. Okay, but is this consistent with her usual feats, or is it like the time Wolverine survived a nuclear bomb?

It's consistent with her high-end feats.

#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Damn! You are right. Nuke to the FACE and she's like "Nah not today" Awesome scan.

@arturocalakayvee: I knew she's durable enough to hold her own in a fight against Supes, but I wasn't sure how high her durability level actually was.

I also remember hearing that she can cross he bracelets and create her own energy field? Again, I may be totally wrong.

I'm not the most informed WW person on the Vine so I can't confirm nor deny the energy field, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that were true. It sounds familiar to me. But yeah, apparently she can take a nuke to the face, so I guess that somewhat confirms how durable she is, lol.

#20 Edited by Wolfrazer (6678 posts) - - Show Bio

I really find the vulnerability to be kinda dumb tbh. Not just for WW, but for all the gods that have it. But I guess it isn't so bad, seeing as they can also be hurt with significant force blunt/fist wise. Unless of course they have armor, then I guess the vulnerability is ok.

#21 Posted by SheenLantern (6627 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

Because a bullet pierces.

#22 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9351 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern:

.........0.o

Comic book logic it truly boggles the mind

#23 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

I think she can take quite a bit of blunt force trauma, but not piercing injury. Once again, I'm no Wonder Woman expert, but that's what I'm guessing.

#24 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9351 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

so Samurai Jack has a chance of beating WW because his sword has piercing power?

or any punk with a gun and is lucky

#26 Edited by Deadgod (1382 posts) - - Show Bio

wow i am not much into Wondewoman comics but i knew she had once tanked a nuke but i had no idea piercing weapons are her kryptonite.....whats story behind this strange weakness of a warrior goddess o_O

#27 Posted by Bezza (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

WW is not bullet proof, BUT as I have read it, having researched this very issue, the bullets will pierce her skin but not damage her much, i.e. they wont go through her flesh or bones.... Clearly someone who in last months' Superman/WW story was able to walk away from being hit by a warship gun is not going to get killed from one little bullet. Basically bullets don't bounce off her so it makes sense to deflect them away rather than get cut....

#28 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

so Samurai Jack has a chance of beating WW because his sword has piercing power?

Even though WW is susceptible to piercing power, Samurai Jack still needs the strength to actually cut into her nuke tanking muscles.

And even though the bullet may piece her, it isn't going very far.

#29 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: So similar to Thor, then? He can take a bullet with hardy any injury, but he still chooses to block them.

Edit: Never mind. I just looked it up, and the newer versions of Thor just take the bullets.

#30 Posted by Sewy18 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

So if someone with a sword would let's say cut off WW's head she would be dead for good? She is one confusing character don't make any sense lol whatever

#31 Edited by 14NC3 (1758 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103 said:

@ximpossibrux:

Because a bullet pierces.

This is incredibly stupid even for comic book standards

#32 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio

@sewy18: Um, no. They wouldn't be able to just cut off her head willy-nilly. They'd be able to pierce her skin, but it would take quite a bit more effort to actually cut one of her limbs off.

#33 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Sewy18 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please move this to the WW boards thx

#35 Edited by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

No because Samurai Jack would have to be able to tag Wonder Woman for that to be possible. Then you add how Wonder Woman usually portrayed to be able to take most MAs hand to hand, Samurai Jack would have issues beating WW.

#36 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9351 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Wolfrazer (6678 posts) - - Show Bio

So her vulnerability then...isn't really a vulnerability considering that it would still take considerable effort to even wound her.

#38 Edited by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

She is not weak those, even if you do manage to stab she is a still tough warrior. Piercing her isn't going to kill. Especially when She survived injuries beyond what a normal human could take.

@superbot400:

This is pretty fast

Jack is fast but WW is theoretically is faster since she can tag Flash, keep up Superman's speed, tag Zoom (who moves faster than Flash via time powers),etc. Waterdrop is fast, but sure that's a nanosecond feat. When Wonder woman could beat people who can catch a bullet meters away from the gunshot.

Wonder WOman wouldn't have issue blocking Jack swings.

#39 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9351 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400:

Jacks sword can cut through pretty much anything she try's to block it and she loses an arm

#40 Edited by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400:

Jacks sword can cut through pretty much anything she try's to block it and she loses an arm

The bracelets are just as enchanted as Jack's sword, and is nigh-unbreakable. It would be like the scotsman scenario.

#41 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9351 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400:

Jacks sword is enchanted by 3 chief gods how many made wonder woman's bracelets ( major gods)

#42 Posted by dshipp17 (997 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Wow. Okay, but is this consistent with her usual feats, or is it like the time Wolverine survived a nuclear bomb? Because that was P.I.S.

You got it; most of these examples presented are anomalies that were made within the last 5 years; wasn't consistent with her established history. Very similar to Wolverine surviving a nuclear missile. But, you can pretend that Wolverine can survive a nuclear missile and focus on posts that support your desire for the character and than pretend to be enlightened when examples are presented in line with what you really wanted to be the case. There was a good story involving Wonder Woman and nuclear weapons in the Silver Age; as a matter of fact, I believe Egg-Fu defeated her with a nuclear weapon. Since than, the only anomaly was presented by John Byrne and that scene from Simone's run which occurred pretty recently. But, if Marvel can make recent adjustments to their characters than so should DC, but, I wouldn't necessarily consider these things consistent with the character just yet.

#43 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

You got it; most of these examples presented are anomalies that were made within the last 5 years; wasn't consistent with her established history. Very similar to Wolverine surviving a nuclear missile. But, you can pretend that Wolverine can survive a nuclear missile and focus on posts that support your desire for the character and than pretend to be enlightened when examples are presented in line with what you really wanted to be the case. There was a good story involving Wonder Woman and nuclear weapons in the Silver Age; as a matter of fact, I believe Egg-Fu defeated her with a nuclear weapon. Since than, the only anomaly was presented by John Byrne and that scene from Simone's run which occurred pretty recently. But, if Marvel can make recent adjustments to their characters than so should DC, but, I wouldn't necessarily consider these things consistent with the character just yet.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the highlighted text...

Anyway, the last five years would include the New 52, right? So what if these "anomalies" are just what the re-booted Wonder Woman can now do?

#44 Edited by dshipp17 (997 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

But the last five years would include the New 52, right? So what if these "anomalies" are just what the re-booted Wonder Woman can now do?

I suppose it could, but it just came out of nowhere from established history without explanation. I can answer what I mean with a question. Were you honestly trying to find an answer or where you looking for comments that supported what you wanted to know about the character? The question is valid because there are many posts that contradict the statements and scans presented. I made a good case for calling something an anomaly; other posters have made other points, although dancing around the case for something being an anomaly. If a nuclear weapon obliterated Wonder Woman in the Silver Age, but, 25 or so years later, a nuclear weapon had not effect and no explanation was provided, how would your senses as a student teach your mind to viewed that? Than, the nuclear weapon feat went away for around 15 years, than suddenly Wonder Woman blocks the nuclear weapon again by a writer that depicted her as being unphased by anything except female villains; what do you call that? I look for what's most prevalent over time about the character and get irritated when an anomaly suddenly defines the character, where no comprehensive updates were explained.

#45 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

@dshipp17 said:

But the last five years would include the New 52, right? So what if these "anomalies" are just what the re-booted Wonder Woman can now do?

I suppose it could, but it just came out of nowhere from established history without explanation. I can answer what I mean with a question. Were you honestly trying to find an answer or where you looking for comments that supported what you wanted to know about the character? The question is valid because there are many posts that contradict the statements and scans presented. I made a good case for calling something an anomaly; other posters have made other points, although dancing around the case for something being an anomaly. If a nuclear weapon obliterated Wonder Woman in the Silver Age, but, 25 or so years later, a nuclear weapon had not effect and no explanation was provided, how would your senses as a student teach your mind to viewed that? Than, the nuclear weapon feat went away for around 15 years, than suddenly Wonder Woman blocks the nuclear weapon again by a writer that depicted her as being unphased by anything except female villains; what do you call that? I look for what's most prevalent over time about the character and get irritated when an anomaly suddenly defines the character, where no comprehensive updates were explained.

Wouldn't the new 52 be explanation enough? I mean, there where plenty of characters out there that had their power levels changed. All "established history" was erased.

And to answer your question: Yes, I was honestly trying to find an answer. No offence, but I had no preconceptions when I entered this thread. I'm telling the truth when I say I know very little about Wonder Woman, so there was nothing "I wanted to know" other than what the character was most consistently shown to be capable of and what was P.I.S. What really settled it for me though, is when @bezza commented about the recent issue of Wonder Woman where she took a hit from a warship's gun. So that's what I figured Wonder Woman could now do.

And even if I was just trying to find things that supported what I wanted for the character, why should you care?

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound rude, but I get a little irritated when someone doubts my integrity.

#46 Edited by dshipp17 (997 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

@dshipp17 said:

Wouldn't the new 52 be explanation enough? I mean, there where plenty of characters out there that had their power levels changed. All "established history" was erased.

And to answer your question: Yes, I was honestly trying to find an answer. No offence, but I had no preconceptions when I entered this thread. I'm telling the truth when I say I know very little about Wonder Woman, so there was nothing "I wanted to know" other than what the character was most consistently shown to be capable of and what was P.I.S. And even if I was just trying to find things that supported what I wanted for the character, why should you care?

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound rude, but I get a little irritated when someone doubts my integrity.

I wasn't questioning your integrity; nothing that personal at all. The worst I was trying to convey is that your taste in the character is different from mines and others; meaning you probably like what Simone and Rucka did for the character, while I like what the pre-crisis writers and Messner-Loebs did for the character. I just got a sense that you might not have liked the things that are most consistent with the character and wanted her to have a power upgrade beyond proportion, from my prospective and others'. From what I've read of your posts so far, you seem nice and genuine to me and I wanted you to be that way, but just wanted you to present your preference for the character so that we can than place your question into a little bit more context. If the character is not as strong as Superman and you didn't like that Justice League episode "For the Man Who Has Everything", watch that episode and say you're looking for something that makes her appear stronger than the bulk of the material that was previously published about her. And no, a reboot is not nearly enough explanation. I can be enlightened a great deal more on differences in strength levels. Marvel usually explains these things. We know how Hulk's power levels increases and how my character, Apocalypse, can be at the top of the Marvel Universe and how he can increase his power levels, at least in X-men TAS; I like that version of Apocalypse much better than the comic book version, and that's the version of Apocalypse that I will always accept; Galactus, for similar reasons; now, you have my preconceived preferences in characters. Currently, I believe the comic book version of Apocalypse may be deceased, but that version was inferior to the animated version, from the sounds of it, in both character and power level; the animated version of Apocalypse actually resurrected himself from the dead, sort to speak, in the episode, the Fifth Horseman. You, on the other hand, might want to say you prefer the comic version better, specifically by specific writer's version to be even more specific.

#47 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7967 posts) - - Show Bio
@dshipp17 said:

@dshipp17 said:

@dshipp17 said:

And to answer your question: Yes, I was honestly trying to find an answer. No offence, but I had no preconceptions when I entered this thread. I'm telling the truth when I say I know very little about Wonder Woman, so there was nothing "I wanted to know" other than what the character was most consistently shown to be capable of and what was P.I.S. And even if I was just trying to find things that supported what I wanted for the character, why should you care?

I wasn't questioning your integrity; nothing that personal at all. The worst I was trying to convey is that your taste in the character is different from mines and others; meaning you probably like what Simone and Rucka did for the character, while I like what the pre-crisis writers and Messner-Loebs did for the character. I just got a sense that you might not have liked the things that are most consistent with the character and wanted her to have a power upgrade beyond proportion, from my prospective and others'. From what I've read of your posts so far, you seem nice and genuine to me and I wanted you to be that way, but just wanted you to present your preference for the character so that we can than place your question into a little bit more context. If the character is not as strong as Superman and you didn't like that Justice League episode "For the Man Who Has Everything", watch that episode and say you're looking for something that makes her appear stronger than the bulk of the material that was previously published about her. And no, a reboot is not nearly enough explanation. Can be enlightened a great deal more and differences in strength levels.

Okay, then maybe I misunderstood. Although, I think you misunderstood me. I have no "preference" as to what the character's power levels are. If she's a street leveler or a even a cosmic entity that's fine with me. Like I said before: The only thing I was trying to find out was what the character was most consistently show to be capable of, and maybe what I deduced from what was said in this thread was incorrect. Maybe what I thought was consistent with her feats isn't what your's and others' tastes are. It doesn't mean I wanted her to have a "power upgrade".

I have never read a wonder woman comic and I've only watched a few DC movies - and the first two Justice League episodes and one Young Justice episode - that have Wonder Woman in them. I just wanted to learn a little more about the character. And that's all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.