Wonder Woman Pilot Still Alive

#1 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

According to this bit, available at NewsArama,

This follows a statement from Geoff Johns about her cinematic future.

I have to say that I'm hopeful for the future of Wonder Woman.

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think giving Wonder Woman a TV show instead of a movie is really stupid.

#3 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: I agree. They're probably going to throw her in high school and make it all about teen drama.

#4 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: No they probably won't. If they give her a TV show it doesn't mean she won't get a movie. If its successful it actually increases her chances of getting a movie.

#5 Posted by SmashBrawler (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: The biggest problem is the visual effects, special effects, props and stuff like that. You just can't put Themyscira in a show like this and have superpowered people as well. It would be the most expensive TV show ever, might as well make a movie if you're willing to go that far. Which is the reason a TV Wonder Woman will always be a watered-down version of the real thing.

#6 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (756 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she needs a tv show first, that way they have the time it takes to properly tell the story. Look at how much depth they've given Ollie in Arrow, it was several episodes before you got the full version of his origin. It wouldn't have been as good crammed into two hours. My only concern with television are the budget limitations. But if it's a prequel to her being a full on superhero, they can do a whole lot with a lot less money.

#7 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: movies are the same,characters are always much weaker in TV and movies,for me the best way to start is giving her an animated series based on a popular run like perez and ruka,or even better,the current run by arazzello,so they won't have to limit her power and it will be a huge promo for the current run in the comic.

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: An animated series would be much preferable.

#9 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: but it has to be an animated series based on a good run from the comics,so it will be more mature,not like thr JL cartoon were she was weak and they watered everything down so kids can watch,it has to be based on the comics,the current run if it's possible so it will be a tool to promote her new comic run.

#10 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter what comes first or what the format is as long as it's done well. The quality is what will determine if the property thrives.

#11 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2246 posts) - - Show Bio
click it

For the love of god, why can't DC just WW on film instead of a crappy television show that will run out of money because it is so expensive to produce and requires special effects. Goyer said he's interested in a WW film. Hire him to write a script.

#12 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the prequel show will be about Diana Prince before she became Wonder Woman, so it should be more similar to the Smallville tv show where Clark did most of his hero work without the costume (no tights). I am just not sure if Diana will be in school, or a working student, or working in places like the military, United Nations or government agency.

#13 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

why have we never had a Wonder Woman animated series?

like, all the other TAS's of DC have been awesome and successful, why have they never tried it with her

#14 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: what the hell? THERE IS NO DIANA PRINCE BEFORE WONDER WOMAN!!! Hell, if they're smart, they'll follow Perez' run and there will be no Diana Prince

#15 Posted by veronicacris (113 posts) - - Show Bio

click it

For the love of god, why can't DC just WW on film instead of a crappy television show that will run out of money because it is so expensive to produce and requires special effects. Goyer said he's interested in a WW film. Hire him to write a script.

Goyer said that it is difficult to get her, don't know if he is really interested.

#16 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville tv show did prove that you can do a Clark Kent tv show on a low budget, if you do no tights, no flight. A Diana Prince tv show should not cost too much in special effects. A Diana Prince cw tv show will probably be more about Diana hooking up with lots of males.

#17 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:
click it

Goyer said that it is difficult to get her, don't know if he is really interested.

Goyer said she was difficult, but in another question, he said he would be interested

#18 Edited by youmessinwithme (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

the old Pilot was more entertaining then smallville they should just make the show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.