Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman or Batwoman ?

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wonder Woman or Batwoman... who will u more like to see in new CW live action TV show ?

Would u like to see one more adaptation of WW or will more like to see Batwoman live action TV show... ?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What answer did you expect to get on this forum?

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Klaus

What answer did you expect to get on this forum?

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArkhamWrath

@somayareece: @klaus:

I don't expect any answer... i wanna to see did is Batwoman enough badass to be in compare with WW for Live Action TV Show !!!

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Agent_Z

Both for me.

humphreytt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like we may be overcrowding the heroes in the tv genre. Getting a bit repetitive.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i mean honestly this is a bad forum to put this question in since it will be heavily skewed lol but ill say Batwoman. I didnt watch smallville so idk if it was good but i feel like superman/wonder woman/any character on their power level wont translate well to tv so theyd have to power them down and what not but who knows. I think the bat fam is perfect for tv and would allow for great story telling without all the bad cgi. I think those stories translate better to television because they are smaller scale.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Batwoman, because Wonder Woman is too big for the small screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@arkhamwrath: Neither. But if have to choose i would say Wonder Woman.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman has a movie coming. So Batwoman. But I don't actually like Batwoman.

Avatar image for banethedestroyer
    BaneTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wondy

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By MakkyD

Would Batgirl not be more well know and likely to be adapted for a TV show than Batwoman?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman bores the crap out of me ... She's painfully generic IMO ... But I tend to think that of most of the "female versions" of established male heroes. What would a BW show bring to the DCTVU that Gotham, Arrow and Flash don't currently offer?

WW has a unique background that could bring a whole new dimension to this expanding universe on TV. But, as other posters have pointed out, WW could be quite difficult to translate to TV without powering her down ... But it could be done.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Supergirl is as powerful as her and she's got a show. It can't be that hard to translate her power to tv when there are shows like Smallville and Flash. I didn't even know Batwoman existed in DC until the New 52.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By dshipp17

I'd like to see Wonder Woman because Batwoman is just a generic female superhero, except with her LGBT connection; I guess that would be a good thing if you were targeting that audience; the plus side is that at least it's a unique feature of the character. Being just a generic female superhero is the problem with Supergirl and Batgirl, also. But, without bringing the unique features about Wonder Woman into her stories, Wonder Woman has been made into just another generic female superhero over the past several years. Rucka brought out her unique features in connecting her to Ferdinand and Dr. Psycho on one hand, but took her in a different direction with the sudden focus on Greek Mythology on the other hand. If the planned Wonder Woman project from 2011 had comer to fruition, than the generic features would have messed her up for me.

The things that made Wonder Woman unique for me was her BDSM connection, her villains, as made by Marston, and her compassion and sympathy towards characters like Dr. Psycho as portrayed by Marston and Robert Kanigher starting with Wonder Woman 168 volume 1. I liked her weaknesses, as they connected with BDSM. But, I haven't seen a lot of these things in a long time and I was holding out hope that they would be returning, if I had patience. It's good that Sensation Comics and Wonder Woman 77 brought some of this back in a very small way, but the main line seems to be deliberately distancing itself from these issues, and it's hard to see when Dr. Psycho will be returned to Wonder Woman. Other than being dipped in Greek Mythology, the current Wonder Woman is just another generic female superhero. Hopefully this will change soon.

Avatar image for lonesharkadriano
    lonesharkadriano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman is a boring superhero, for me. I would instead Love to see Black Canary series, and Since, Wonder Woman has movie coming; I'm more looking forward for that but I wouldn't mind seeing Wonder Woman tv show either.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Supergirl is as powerful as her and she's got a show. It can't be that hard to translate her power to tv when there are shows like Smallville and Flash. I didn't even know Batwoman existed in DC until the New 52.

She's not as powerful, but you're point is even more valid with SG because she has a variety of additional powers like heat vision and cold breath ... I'm not going to make any judgements on the SG show's quality until I've seen it, but there is an old saying "you can have 2 of the 3: Cheap, Fast, Quality" SG will hopefully be well done, but it's a little uncertain with small-screen production value. With that said, Flash has done a pretty good job on keeping the quality of the effects without limiting them too much.

Regardless, WW would necessitate lots of effects ... monsters and gods on top of just her powerset ... so I believe it would enter into either very expensive, very slow to produce, or poor quality pretty quickly ... any of these could be show killers so most networks/producers are going to be careful about going into a project such as WW, who brings the additional weight of her iconic status (i.e. us rabid fansboys who will freak out if they do it wrong). Sadly, it's easier to do SG simply because she's not nearly as unique as WW.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.