Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

'Wonder Woman' Not Happening At NBC

• 161 results
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By azza04

Will they release the pilot like they did with Aqua man? I'd still like to see it.

Xaviersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Xaviersx

I know NBC and its spotty track record, and I know that I wasn't impressed with the initial stills of the costume, nor the take on the character, so . . . I'm glad that they' killed (or would retool it) instead of creating another Bionic Woman situation or make something akin to the Cape in approach.

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Marshal Victory

Not just the costume was a problem from what i read.The whole series wasnt realy based that much off of the dc canon of the character.But the backlash over the costume helped seal its fate.Best coment i read on a forum about this was...

"Rebooting Wonder Woman in pants makes as much sence as rebooting Baywatch in full rubber scuba wet suites."

Babs has it right .Its the pants.

Oh an just so yall know fans of wonder woman are blameing comic book reader fanboys for the show not airing.Their saying any one not likeing the concept of costume/story was a fanboy...

Dont get me wrong wonder womans ok.Not one of my faves tho but the 1st costume was horrid.The shows story was poor.They even did away with all her amazon background for gods sake.Im not a fanboy by far.But i would like to see comic stories on tv an in the movies based on its comic canon not what some writer wants to put his finger print on it.

Just respect the source material an you get rateings an money hollywood.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104  Edited By InnerVenom123

Good riddance.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#105  Edited By Caligula

Something I don't understand is why so many people in this thread are talking about a movie at all. This is proof that Wonder Woman, doesn't sell.

People are going to look at the failure of this pilot and be wary of WW movie for years. Look how long it took for her to even be mentioned for a TV show again, after the first TV series. Wonder Woman most likely won't be coming to any other media for at least several years now. It's what happens when things crash and burn.

Plus Wonder Woman has always carried a stigma of a high risk property. which means most of the money invested into Wondie is rarely returned. So finding investors for her is a tough sell.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By Darkmount1

There's only one way it could've been saved. Or several:

1. Complete and Total accuracy to the comics. The heck with grounding things in realism, look at Hercules, Xena, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and every sci-fi show ever made!

2. Get Someone other that David E. Kelley to write a script.

3. Stick with Palicki, but for pete's sake cast Liz Hurley as CIRCE, not Veronica Cale.

4. Don't back down when the networks say no at first. Keep pushing and pushing and pushing till they finally give up and give it a chance.  Be a broken record combined with a used car salesman.

5. Well-thougth advertising campaign to stir up interest. Though the 1998 Godzilla was a critical failure, it had a good ad campaign with all those billboards.

6. Have the actors train in British theatre first. British actors (like Hurley) are probably the most adept because they've trained in the craft for most of their lives.

7. Stay true to the characterizations at all times. That was a big flaw in the pilot, they completely bombed Diana's backstory and personality.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Jordanstine

This from a Wonder Woman message board regarding the Pilot episode:

It looks like alot of the original script was still there, but with some of the rewrites DEK made Wonder Woman more "Xena like". 

According to a reviewer who saw the Pilot, Wonder Woman kills a security guard (yes, kills); breaks a guys arm to get info (looks like the lasso is only used as a whip instead of a lasso for truth); and her character moment was getting a facebook page at the end of the show.

This does not sound like the Wonder Woman most have grown up with.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By elayem98

Oh thank god. I would love a wonder woman tv show, but that looked terrible. shes pretty much batwoman, except she has a wonder woman outfit that works for comics but not at all for tv.

Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Caligula said:
    "
                    Something I don't understand is why so many people in this thread are talking about a movie at all. This is proof that Wonder Woman, doesn't sell.People are going to look at the failure of this pilot and be wary of WW movie for years. Look how long it took for her to even be mentioned for a TV show again, after the first TV series. Wonder Woman most likely won't be coming to any other media for at least several years now. It's what happens when things crash and burn.Plus Wonder Woman has always carried a stigma of a high risk property. which means most of the money invested into Wondie is rarely returned. So finding investors for her is a tough sell.
                "

Yeah casue a failed tv show means no movies... Um Batman disproves that.Tv pilot was crap, fan base was against the direction of the show.Thats 2 strikes right their.Pants was the 3rd strike!Usieng lasso as a whip! your outa here.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Caligula
    @Marshal Victory said:
    " @Caligula said:
    "
                    Something I don't understand is why so many people in this thread are talking about a movie at all. This is proof that Wonder Woman, doesn't sell.People are going to look at the failure of this pilot and be wary of WW movie for years. Look how long it took for her to even be mentioned for a TV show again, after the first TV series. Wonder Woman most likely won't be coming to any other media for at least several years now. It's what happens when things crash and burn.Plus Wonder Woman has always carried a stigma of a high risk property. which means most of the money invested into Wondie is rarely returned. So finding investors for her is a tough sell.
                "
    Yeah casue a failed tv show means no movies... Um Batman disproves that.Tv pilot was crap, fan base was against the direction of the show.Thats 2 strikes right their.Pants was the 3rd strike!Usieng lasso as a whip! your outa here. "
    100% grade A, Wrong!

the Batman series was widely acclaimed, and even so look how many years between the end of the Show and the Movie. FAIL!
    Avatar image for lovingdamnation
    Lovingdamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#111  Edited By Lovingdamnation

I blame the re-inventing. If I wanted to buy wonderwoman, and instead got a lawyer or corporate executive or whatever the hell DEK made I'd pass on it too.

Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#112  Edited By Psychotime

Sounds good to me, nothing about it looked like it was worth watching.

Also, "a sad day for comics" doesn't make any sense. What does a tv show have to do with comic books as a medium? That's like saying a studio knocking down a Mario sequel is a "sad day for video games".

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#113  Edited By Billy Batson

I heard it now. meh

ElJuano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114  Edited By ElJuano

WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#115  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Even though i was looking forward to see it, i had a feeling the show wouldn't be that good.

Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Caligula said:
    "

@Marshal Victory said:
    "

@Caligula said:
    "
                "
    Yeah casue a failed tv show means no movies... Um Batman disproves that.Tv pilot was crap, fan base was against the direction of the show.Thats 2 strikes right their.Pants was the 3rd strike!Usieng lasso as a whip! your outa here.

"
    100% grade A, Wrong!

the Batman series was widely acclaimed, and even so look how many years between the end of the Show and the Movie. FAIL!

"

Sigh realy?.. ok lets try it from the top. By batman season 3 of the tv series the ratingss fell hard.Abc cut the budget an wanted to get rid of robin an have bat girl as batmans partner.Shows creators was against the idea an abc canceled it.Nbc offered to pick it up for 4th season tho if the sets were avalible but fox had already destroyed them.Nbc was not gona pay the 800k to rebuild them so the show ended with a low rateings whimper in 1968. Tho i still like it to this day for campy fun.

The batman film from 1989 was a huge hit .So yes its posible to have a failed tv show an come back with a hit movie.Your not understanding of why people talk of a movie for wonder woman.What you said of wonder woman would also easly aply to batman.Yet he came back so can wonder woman with a story more true to canon .

Not some ice cream eating, crying at the tv, killing, whip useing pilot.Even as campy as the batman tv shows were they still had much of the batman source material.Thus proving your 100% wrong is ironiclly ....well you prove what i just said was true an call it wrong so um yeah.Fail indeed.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Caligula
    @Marshal Victory said:
    @Caligula said:
    "

@Marshal Victory said:
    "

@Caligula said:
    "
                "

"
    100% grade A, Wrong!

"

Sigh realy?.. ok lets try it from the top. By batman season 3 of the tv series the ratingss fell hard.Abc cut the budget an wanted to get rid of robin an have bat girl as batmans partner.Shows creators was against the idea an abc canceled it.Nbc offered to pick it up for 4th season tho if the sets were avalible but fox had already destroyed them.Nbc was not gona pay the 800k to rebuild them so the show ended with a low rateings whimper in 1968. Tho i still like it to this day for campy fun.

The batman film from 1989 was a huge hit .So yes its posible to have a failed tv show an come back with a hit movie.Your not understanding of why people talk of a movie for wonder woman.What you said of wonder woman would also easly aply to batman.Yet he came back so can wonder woman with a story more true to canon .

Not some ice cream eating, crying at the tv, killing, whip useing pilot.Even as campy as the batman tv shows were they still had much of the batman source material.Thus proving your 100% wrong is ironiclly ....well you prove what i just said was true an call it wrong so um yeah.Fail indeed.

you only succeeded in proving what i said.

it will be YEARS before she gets a Movie, because of the bad taste left by this bombed tv show.

1968-1989 (smart guy) do the math.

you proved what I said, it will be a long time before she gets a show. because of this.

I think your reading skills failed you.
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Marshal Victory

@Caligula
    Actualy you said what i posted was 100% wrong. Now your saying i prove your point?What kind of circle logic are you useing here?That your point was 100% wrong?Um i never said that now did i?

My statemt was "Yeah casue a failed tv show means no movies... Um Batman disproves that." was proven true .YOUR the one who said i was 100% wrong .An yes my reading an spelling skills fail me from time to time.I do make mistakes.How about you?

I like how you try to insult people with "smart guy" an "smart ass" .Classy.Tho your missing why people were talking of movie for wonder woman.Becasue even after a failed tv show a movie still can be made.Time lines for this will shorten as hollyweird will reuse ideas over an over again.Theirs always remakes in the works .An since this failed pilot didnt make it to tv theirs no reason it would leave a bad taste for investors.Unless their showed the pilot  ofcourse.

Lock an Key was not picked up either . So were to think it will take 21 years before theirs another run on that property for movie or tv?Your missing the reason the tv pilot for wonder woman failed which i listed.Fans hated it twist of wonder woman which seemed only to be in partial costume an name only as its conection.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Caligula
    @Marshal Victory said:

@Caligula
    Actualy you said what i posted was 100% wrong. Now your saying i prove your point?What kind of circle logic are you useing here?That your point was 100% wrong?Um i never said that now did i?

My statemt was "Yeah casue a failed tv show means no movies... Um Batman disproves that." was proven true .YOUR the one who said i was 100% wrong .An yes my reading an spelling skills fail me from time to time.I do make mistakes.How about you?

I like how you try to insult people with "smart guy" an "smart ass" .Classy.Tho your missing why people were talking of movie for wonder woman.Becasue even after a failed tv show a movie still can be made.Time lines for this will shorten as hollyweird will reuse ideas over an over again.Theirs always remakes in the works .An since this failed pilot didnt make it to tv theirs no reason it would leave a bad taste for investors.Unless their showed the pilot  ofcourse.

Lock an Key was not picked up either . So were to think it will take 21 years before theirs another run on that property for movie or tv?Your missing the reason the tv pilot for wonder woman failed which i listed.Fans hated it twist of wonder woman which seemed only to be in partial costume an name only as its conection.

again you seem unable to read anything....

I NEVER SAID THAT THERE WOULD NOT BE A MOVIE. I SAID THERE WILL NOT BE A MOVIE FOR ALONG TIME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you can read that. made it pretty big and bold for ya. hope it helps.
    darth bul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By darth bul

thank god

Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Caligula said:

@Marshal Victory said:

@Caligula

again you seem unable to read anything....

I NEVER SAID THAT THERE WOULD NOT BE A MOVIE. I SAID THERE WILL NOT BE A MOVIE FOR ALONG TIME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you can read that. made it pretty big and bold for ya. hope it helps.

Um calm down a bit. Your the one who asumed i did an said i was wrong.Oh wait.. !00% wrong.Does that make your point 50% wrong since my "100% wrong" point proves yours ?This new math is fun.

Realy nowhere in my statement quotes you as saying that.Hope you didnt break you ! key their.Hate to have it fail.

But for fun lets ask why would warner brothers .. a studio ,want investors for a wonder woman movie?They could bank role it themselves if they wanted to.Sure its eayer to gamble others money .But they could do it themselves.Just as they could have stoped the poor use of wonder woman in that pilot to.So imho in that part id guess we disagree.Tho not 100%.Maybe 55.9%?

Warner brothers seems to be bad about turing over their characters to directors an just be happy a movie/tv show gets made.While Marvel seems to want their own studio movies more true to canon .So far thats shown to pay off for them wonder when dc will learn that?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

well, i gotta say, i'm not disappointed although i wish THEY WOULD JUST MAKE IT A FREAKIN MOVIE!! seriously if Thor can be made into a movie, so can Wonder Woman, they're basically the same person from different mythical backgrounds

Thor disobeyed his father and those actions caused him to have to stay in man's world where he met a mortal (aye Jane Foster) fell in love and joined a superhero team

Diana disobeyed her mother which caused her to have to stay in man's world where she met a mortal (the now irrelevant Steve Trevor) fell in love and joined a superhero team

COME ON PEOPLE!
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Caligula
    @Marshal Victory: First of all I need to apologize for being a psychotic turd. (I was flustered earlier)

and I still think you misinterpreted what I said originally. but it's no biggie.
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Caligula said:

@Marshal Victory: First of all I need to apologize for being a psychotic turd. (I was flustered earlier)and I still think you misinterpreted what I said originally. but it's no biggie.

Its cool .Happens to the best of us.Atm got a sinus infection from hell . So that plus my poor spelling an english use things could be took difrent than i mean .Thats why i was trying my best to explain .

Just wish hollywood would treat its source material with respect.As well the holders of it ( looking at warner brothers) guard their source material a bit more.A wonder woman movie with Bridget Regan would work.Tv pilot they did i wouldnt watch at all.

yellowstar128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By yellowstar128

It's on it's off it's on it's off. Would you people make up your mind? And how bad must the pilot have been if they passed on it, look what makes it on to tv. Of course using that reasoning it also could have been pretty good. LOL. I give up. 

jonasLighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By jonasLighter

Of course.  This is NBC.  Home of the Heroes screw up network.

kimi74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#127  Edited By kimi74

Give the character 3 movies. Every fan knows there are a good set of 3 movies you can get from Diana/Wonder Woman. Action, (potentially) romance, strong characters, legends, magic, passion and drama. It can be made for such a wide audience range. Seriously.. what are the execs missing that I can see so clearly??
    The idea of a tv show just doesn't seem to be doing the character justice. Doesn't matter who is involved or what is produced. Make it grand, make it huge and make it wonderful... Make it epic!

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By dorsk188

AAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaahhahaheehehehehehe...heh..heh...*snort*...

My only hope is that the pilot finds it's way to the internet.
    B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#129  Edited By B'Town

I'm not sure what people mean when they say; "Good.  The idea was crap..."

Eff' U, comes to mind but since I don't really know what the heck is meant by "the idea is crap.."  I will refrain from defending why the idea of doing a Wonder Woman series could have been great for WW fans, women of all ages and a large number of good men.

I for one am disappointed.  I don't think it was the pants, the writers or the choice of actress.  I think it was dropped for the very reasons so many continue to dis Wonder Woman comics in general.  Ignorance and Misogyny.  

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By B'Town
    @Gambler said:
    @Caligula: Yeah, get one of the two chicks who dont look ridiculous when they run (I'm kidding ladies, but just in case, send your hate mail to Caligula)
    Everyone who says this is kidding.  Funny how it is never funny.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Cherry Bomb

:( no!
    Adrianne Palicki was a perfect Diana </3
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Caligula
    @B'Town said:

@Gambler said:

@Caligula: Yeah, get one of the two chicks who dont look ridiculous when they run (I'm kidding ladies, but just in case, send your hate mail to Caligula)
    Everyone who says this is kidding.  Funny how it is never funny.
    I wasn't kidding, I think Adrianna looks goofy when trying to pull off action scenes. She just isn't built for it.

I don't think all girls look ridiculous when in action, I was a huge Xena fan. But Adrianna is not made for this.
    B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By B'Town
    @Caligula: I am at the moment humorless when it comes to the reactions I have read in the last couple of days in response to NBC passing on Wonder Woman.  Far too many people sound absolutely gleeful that WW as a series failed.

Most here at Comic Vine have been civil but that is not the case in all forums.  Yesterday, I read an article at another site in which every negative response was from someone who admittedly or obviously thought doing a show on WW was a joke and doomed to fail and in my view, many were misogynistic rants. 

These were the same kind of "joking" dismissals; I have seen in response to women who make a run as a presidential candidate or get excited about the WNBA and women who play basketball.  

The responses to WW have not been as brutal here at Comic Vine, but nonetheless I have already been rendered humorless from the overall responses I have read in the last few days. 

I am a WW fan.  I don't know if the show would have been done well or if I would have liked the costume or direction they took the character, but I WANTED to see the show given a chance.  
    OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By OldManDuncan

I hope the Pilot will be released so we could see how it would have turned out. Probably bad.. but still.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Caligula
    @B'Town: while yes, I'm happy the show failed. it's not because I dislike Wonder Woman. I like Wonder Woman.

I'm happy because this show looked to be garbage. The jacked the costume up, Adrianne is not Wonder Woman in my eyes, and the fact that she was like a lawyer or reporter or something was stupid. Also the fact that Veronica Cale was the villain instead of Ares or Circe.
    weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By weaponxx

They also passed up on Aqua Man... there is a pilot episode that is AWESOME!!!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#137  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@B'Town said:

@Gambler said:
    Everyone who says this is kidding. Funny how it is never funny.

Meh, cracked me up.

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Celineness

Now that the TV show has failed, can we have the real Wonder Woman back in the comics? It's pretty obvious that changes to her character in the comics were an attempt to align her personality/background/costume between the two mediums, which is the primary reason so many people are so happy for the show to have failed before it even had a chance to begin.

I can only see good things coming out of this for Wonder Woman. She will return to her true self, fans will come back to her title, then a year or two later someone will approach the concept of a movie and learn the lessons from this catastrophe that if you are going to transfer Diana to another medium you do actually need to transfer *her* and not Elektra-named-Wonder Woman.

This has all reminded me of the volume 3 storyline where Diana is going to have a movie made about her and thankfully stops it from happening.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By riri4life

The CW will probably end up picking it up just like w/ SMG's new show. lol

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#140  Edited By MrDirector786

Wow. That sucks.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#141  Edited By Comiclove5

Oh, Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ult_Sensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Ult_Sensei
    @Caligula said:
    @B'Town: while yes, I'm happy the show failed. it's not because I dislike Wonder Woman. I like Wonder Woman.I'm happy because this show looked to be garbage. The jacked the costume up, Adrianne is not Wonder Woman in my eyes, and the fact that she was like a lawyer or reporter or something was stupid. Also the fact that Veronica Cale was the villain instead of Ares or Circe.
    Exactly. Not saying there are not hate filled rants out there but haters gonna hate. I'm glad the show is canceled cause the alternative was ten times worse. If they're gonna make a WW tv show (or movie for that matter) they should do it right.
    UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By UltraHeroix
    @Celineness said:
    Now that the TV show has failed, can we have the real Wonder Woman back in the comics? It's pretty obvious that changes to her character in the comics were an attempt to align her personality/background/costume between the two mediums, which is the primary reason so many people are so happy for the show to have failed before it even had a chance to begin.I can only see good things coming out of this for Wonder Woman. She will return to her true self, fans will come back to her title, then a year or two later someone will approach the concept of a movie and learn the lessons from this catastrophe that if you are going to transfer Diana to another medium you do actually need to transfer *her* and not Elektra-named-Wonder Woman.This has all reminded me of the volume 3 storyline where Diana is going to have a movie made about her and thankfully stops it from happening.
    Amen to that!!! I agree 100%!
    B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By B'Town
    @riri4life said:
    The CW will probably end up picking it up just like w/ SMG's new show. lol
    That would be fabulous.
    xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By xybernauts

I couldn't stomach another Smallville. truthfully I think it's fan reaction on the internet that influenced their decision. They probably saw the poor response and decided that the show wasn't strong enough to succeed.  

To me if Thor can be a success then I believe WW can be a success too, if done right. Instead of doing " Ally Mcbeal with super powers" they should have done "Xena meets Lost". Make the story take place on Themyscira  and the real world simultaneously; the way Lost did with flashbacks and the afterlife. Also, l ook at how awesome Thor was in the real world; they made him down to earth without sacrificing his character. That's what they need to do with WW. And they need to stop catering so much to a female audience.  That's what killed the Bionic Woman show and the Catwoman movie, and Smallville in my opinion. Just cater to action adventure aficionados. Battle Star Galactica proves you can cater to woman without being overly effeminate.  And most important, stop butchering source material. Imagine if they did that to Thor. "Thornton Odinson, CEO of AsGuard Security.  But when evil comes a calling Thornton becomes the superhero Thor; wearing military issue Kevlar combat armor and wielding a hammer/machine gun"    

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By charlieboy

that sucks. i was looking forward to seeing what they were going to do with it. maybe someone else will pick it up.
    monet-M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By monet-M
    @DH69: lol so tru lol 
    Xaviersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Xaviersx

As to my take on movie versus tv for Wonder Woman.  It's easier for the public to go to a movie once (maybe twice)  than to sit thru a full season (or if you're on Fox or NBC, watch one or two episodes before canceling).  So I would see why a Wonder Woman movie would gain more traction than a tv show with some executives.    Getting the finance first then hoping to make a return on the investment in initial ticket sales, merchandising maybe, and dvd/digital market sales.  TV relies too heavily on ad support and a returning audience that doesn't pay upfront.  I think movie issues arise from getting the hot director when they are available and the ton of rewrites on a script which keep the project in limbo.  Plus, so few directors seem to know how to portray a strong female lead, especially a costumed character.

MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By MrGutts

Move it to Stars or HBO and let them go all Spartacus with it.

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By GT-Man

ehh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.