Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder woman issue 27 are the amazon returning?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally! It's about time! And I can see that Apollo is also turned into stone, so much for keep first born as a pet, eh?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@hastalavista: for some reason i think he mean there coming back this way for just a moment.

If not then cool i wonder how Diana brought them back.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: By giving hera her power back by Apollo? After he finds himself cannot control first born any more, and as a last resort he asks for Diana's help. In return Diana asks for the return of her sisters. I really wish that she can defeat first born and move on.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fall of the greek gods and rise of the amazons??

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: didn't she already make an oath to him about protecting him anyway? In issue #12

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herrweis: I am not sure which one you are referring to, could you describe the deal? Or do you have a scan?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@darknightspideyfanboy: I think it has something to do with recruiting her family of demi gods that she's met to aid her in fighting the First Born and the gods of Olympus. Or her Army of the Dead she can now summon thanks to being the Goddess of War. Looking forward to how Azzarello will play out this next part of his wonderful storyline.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The god of war is not the god of the underworld, so did Ares have a deal with Hades on summoning the dead?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it's absolutely stupid that the Amazons were all killed -save for Diana- to begin with. That really bothers me. I hope this means Diana found a way to bring them back -- for real and for good.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I can't wait to see what is next for Wonder Woman and what else Azzarello can offer us because I can say that this is my favorite Wonder Woman run ever.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"are the Amazons returning?"

They better.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

It would be really nice to see them return, the WW "family" really needs more dysfunctional people in her life who hate her guts, you can only get so much spite and evil plotting out of the Gods.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By PapiNacho

Hmmm the rapists and murderers are returning? Yay! But seriously I will lose some respect for WW if she doesn't address those issues.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whygamespot

@papinacho: it is not WW's fault that the writer has to make her like a different person.

Also, it seems that unsatisfactory plots have changed the fun from 'enjoy the book' to sarcasm. It's surprising that sarcasm-fun price is raising though.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@hastalavista: To be fair I greatly enjoy the book and the writers have come up with a good reason not to address the issue. Like I said I just hope it gets address because that is not something that can simply be ignored and I would to continue to be able to root for WW.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: To be fair I greatly enjoy the book and the writers have come up with a good reason not to address the issue. Like I said I just hope it gets address because that is not something that can simply be ignored and I would to continue to be able to root for WW.

diana is a supporting character in her own book in the new 52,she is always reacting to things that happen to other people,always caught up in the middle of other people's problems,she has been turned into the type of character that is just there,her own character has never been the center of atention in this whol story,she is merely seen as the intrusive nanny.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: can't scan it.but in issue #12 when she is talking go Apollo after handing Artemis her ass she talks to him about protecting him.

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RayRay1127

Holy JEEEEZE! This storyline is STILL going on? SO glad I dropped this book... Don't care what anyone says, this sort of decompression is NOT good writing. It's milking for cash by a "popular" (just ask him) writer. I look forward to rejoining Princess Diana when an ACTUALLY good writer comes aboard.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy JEEEEZE! This storyline is STILL going on? SO glad I dropped this book... Don't care what anyone says, this sort of decompression is NOT good writing. It's milking for cash by a "popular" (just ask him) writer. I look forward to rejoining Princess Diana when an ACTUALLY good writer comes aboard.

Why is it that most people freak out when a writer extends a storyline over 5 or 6 chapters? It's a longer story than usual, so what? Is there some sort of unspoken rule about arc length or something?

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RayRay1127

@rayray1127 said:

Why is it that most people freak out when a writer extends a storyline over 5 or 6 chapters? It's a longer story than usual, so what? Is there some sort of unspoken rule about arc length or something?

Not at all, but nearly 3 years telling the same storyline is too much. I gave it 22 issues before I threw in the towel. This is not the Wonder Woman I want to read. This is Azz-hole's "greek gods being jerks in modern times" story and it's sad at this point that so many people are slobbering all over it without any inkling as to what Wonder Woman was SUPPOSED to be. This author has taken all the things that made Diana TRUELY powerful as a person and as a woman and tossed them aside for his own ridiculously drawn out attempt to "improve" a character who, IMO didn't need improving, she just needed a writer who understands her, of which there seems to be very very few... And Azz CERTAINLY has no clue. I would have enjoyed this book a LOT more if the storyline had concluded after 5 or 6 chapters, but 25? NO!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rayray1127: 27 issues and counting,3 years with the same story and diana is like a supporting character in her own title and a weak female hercules,can't believe some people still dare to call it her best run,please don't make me laugh.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster said:
    @rayray1127 said:

Not at all, but nearly 3 years telling the same storyline is too much. I gave it 22 issues before I threw in the towel. This is not the Wonder Woman I want to read. This is Azz-hole's "greek gods being jerks in modern times" story and it's sad at this point that so many people are slobbering all over it without any inkling as to what Wonder Woman was SUPPOSED to be. This author has taken all the things that made Diana TRUELY powerful as a person and as a woman and tossed them aside for his own ridiculously drawn out attempt to "improve" a character who, IMO didn't need improving, she just needed a writer who understands her, of which there seems to be very very few... And Azz CERTAINLY has no clue. I would have enjoyed this book a LOT more if the storyline had concluded after 5 or 6 chapters, but 25? NO!

How do you feel about Superman/Wonder Woman, Is that a better portrayal of the character for you?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rayray1127 said:

@netshyster said:
    @rayray1127 said:

How do you feel about Superman/Wonder Woman, Is that a better portrayal of the character for you?

it's also trash,all her writters from new 52 are horrible and don't know how to portray her.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I wasn't talking to you, but since you replied tell me what you dislike about the handling of Diana in Superman/Wonder Woman. Only if you want to of course.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster said:

@rayray1127 said:

@netshyster said:
    @rayray1127 said:

it's also trash,all her writters from new 52 are horrible and don't know how to portray her.

...sooo, DC doesn't know how to portray their own character? You do realize that statement makes no sense - just because you don't happen to like her new portrayal doesn't magically make said portrayal "not her".

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I can't say as I haven't picked the book up... Honestly, this "New52" has been such a massive let down for me that comics have been down-graded from a top priority to not being a priority at all. If I go to a comic shop with some cash in my pocket, maybe I'll pick an issue up, but no more pull list and such for me. My favorite character is a shadow of her former portrayal, the writers all seem to be eternal dunder-heads who only worship at the altars of the all-mighty Bat and Super gods, and everything has been turned angsty and "dark" to appeal to a generation who finds Kim Kardashian entertaining... Saying I don't get it is an understatement. Just NOT my cup of tea. I'll stick with my Bronze age and 2nd series back issues, thank you very much...

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:
    @gokuwarrior said:

@netshyster said:

@rayray1127 said:

@netshyster said:
    @rayray1127 said:

...sooo, DC doesn't know how to portray their own character? You do realize that statement makes no sense - just because you don't happen to like her new portrayal doesn't magically make said portrayal "not her".

get your facts right,DC doesn't portray the characters,writters do,wonder woman has been portrayed a certain way for decades,when new writters change it then yes,they aren't portraying her properly,she wasn't a cold bitch like joohns portays her in new 52 JL,she wasn't a clueless bipolar orphan like azzarello portays her,they don't portay her the way that wonder woman was portrayed her for decades before this rebot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.