Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman in Marvel

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dshipp17

Would you like it if Superman, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, and Huntress were made X-men? What if Marvel put Superman, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, and Huntress in the Silver Surfer/Galactus section of Marvel?

How would Marvel handle Superman, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, and Huntress, along with the X-men, if they had to face Magneto and his team, Juggernaut, Sinister, or Apocalypse (e.g. say in the Beyond Good and Evil episodes and The Fifth Horseman episode)?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dshipp17

@agent41 said:

@dshipp17: SM,PG,WW and HR are not mutants. The first 3 can easily speedblitz Magneto. And the Lasso can incapacitate Juggernaut and sinister.

I know they're not technically mutants, but, how would Marvel classify them? The group that would most likely accommodate them and their abilities would be the X-men; ok, well, there's precedent for Superman and Powergirl, their being aliens and such, but, they're still good fits with the X-men. Keep in mind, we're talking about how Marvel would handle this, not DC. Magneto is very powerful with his powers of magnetism; he actually does frequently use his powers with moon sized objects.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Current Magneto is not even a villain and he has been nerfed

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I didn't know he was nerfed, but, I did hear that he was an X-man currently.

@agent41 said:

@dshipp17: If they bought their rights, they would be top tiers in Marvel just like in DC, in this case Gladiator is the best type to compare, since PG,SM and WW aren't just incredible strong and durable, they also have insane speed in combat, and Gladiator is one of those type of top tiers in Marvel that actually uses speed in combat often.

No, I don't think they'd be top-tier; Wonder Woman would than more resemble Carol Danvers and Superman would be a bit stronger, probably Colossus or The Thing level; these are the characters I believe have been implied for Superman and Wonder Woman; Powergirl would be somewhere in there as well.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@dshipp17 said:
    @somayareece said:

Oh, I didn't know he was nerfed, but, I did hear that he was an X-man currently.

@agent41 said:

@dshipp17: If they bought their rights, they would be top tiers in Marvel just like in DC, in this case Gladiator is the best type to compare, since PG,SM and WW aren't just incredible strong and durable, they also have insane speed in combat, and Gladiator is one of those type of top tiers in Marvel that actually uses speed in combat often.

No, I don't think they'd be top-tier; Wonder Woman would than more resemble Carol Danvers and Superman would be a bit stronger, probably Colossus or The Thing level; these are the characters I believe have been implied for Superman and Wonder Woman; Powergirl would be somewhere in there as well.

Gladiator and Hyperion are top-tiers. So Superman prbably.

Wonder Woman would probably be involved in the same type of stories as Thor or Hercules, who are also top-tiers in strength.

Power Girl, yeah probably along Carol Danvers level.

Huntress Black Widow or Hawkeye.

And the X-Men are really not very high on the list of places they would end up.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @somayareece said:

@agent41 said:

Gladiator and Hyperion are top-tiers. So Superman prbably.

Wonder Woman would probably be involved in the same type of stories as Thor or Hercules, who are also top-tiers in strength.

Power Girl, yeah probably along Carol Danvers level.

Huntress Black Widow or Hawkeye.

And the X-Men are really not very high on the list of places they would end up.

Gladiator is way too high; no, actually, I think Marvel should abandon DC's current approach for Wonder Woman, hence, the reason I'd like to see her as an X-man or in the Silver Surfer/Galactus portion of Marvel. Great idea, yeah, Huntress would be good with Black Widow or Hawkeye.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything, Marvel would make them more powerful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: He must not had read any Pre-Crisis stuff. Superman and Wonder Woman was much more powerful in the past than they're now.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already exist is call Squadron Supreme.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@dshipp17: Gladiator is not way too high. Both Superman and Wonder Woman are in Gladiator's league anyway, feats prove it. You are not the one that decides what level they should have, Marvel wants powerful characters just like DC, and they wouldn't dare to nerf the male and femaale hero. too iconic characters.

Dude, can you get it through your head that this is not DC anymore? They would not be with Gladiator, they'd be with Carol and Colossus; I've never seen someone as powerful as Juggernaut hit Superman or Wonder Woman and they not budge (e.g. Deathstroke has hit Wonder Woman in both New 52 and pre-crisis and sent her flying; Batman has hit her and at least budged her; the closet I could estimate would be like Mongul hitting Wonder Woman and Superman but them not budging). Whatever DC feats they had are totally irrelevant; it might as well be a Bugs Bunny cartoon for Marvel. In a way, Colossus and Carol are top tier; the not so top tier characters are Spider-man and below.

@agent41: He must not had read any Pre-Crisis stuff. Superman and Wonder Woman was much more powerful in the past than they're now.

Wonder Woman is probably more powerful now than she was pre-crisis; she's battling the Olympians.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: @agent41:

I think marvel would sideline these characters eventually leading them to be depowered. The reason they are as powerful as they are now is because along with batman they made DC, so they get a ton of feats.

In the marvel universe they would get pushed aside sometimes or get limited showings because other characters would be centred. Because of this we stop reading them so much and we get limited feats

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I know, it doesn't, but what are the odds the characters are gonna still gonna have the same power level they were in DC? Both companies work differently

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dshipp17

@agent41 said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @agent41 said:

@dshipp17: Gladiator is not way too high. Both Superman and Wonder Woman are in Gladiator's league anyway, feats prove it. You are not the one that decides what level they should have, Marvel wants powerful characters just like DC, and they wouldn't dare to nerf the male and femaale hero. too iconic characters.

Dude, can you get it through your head that this is not DC anymore? They would not be with Gladiator, they'd be with Carol and Colossus; I've never seen someone as powerful as Juggernaut hit Superman or Wonder Woman and they not budge (e.g. Deathstroke has hit Wonder Woman in both New 52 and pre-crisis and sent her flying; Batman has hit her and at least budged her; the closet I could estimate would be like Mongul hitting Wonder Woman and Superman but them not budging). Whatever DC feats they had are totally irrelevant; it might as well be a Bugs Bunny cartoon for Marvel. In a way, Colossus and Carol are top tier; the not so top tier characters are Spider-man and below.

@somayareece said:

Wonder Woman is probably more powerful now than she was pre-crisis; she's battling the Olympians.

False, Colossus and Ms Marvel aren't top tiers, they are mid tiers, and since you want to use Marvel and their feats, They are mi tiers because their feats put them in that category. Superman and Wonder Woman are top tiers in DC and the ost important thing, they are top tiers by comic standard in general, because their feats are within that range of power that can be seen in top tier characters from any comicbook label. Gladiator is a Superman ripped off. An alien with super strength,speed,durability,flight, super breath and heat vision. Superman has nothing in common with Colossus in terms of characteristics and power set. Marvel wouldn't turn him into a grounded brick, it makes no sense. Ms Marvel is an energy absorber half alien, all of this has nothing to do with Wonder Woman, totally different origins, background and personalities. Gladiator=Superman, Wonder Woman=Thor.

Don't give me crappy writing like Batman or Deathstroke hurting Wonder Woman, that is bad writing unless there is context. Captain America has KO the Hulk, Spider-Man has defeated Firelord,hurt Silver Surfer, Blackpanther has defeated Silver Surfer,etc. Bad writing is not valid proof of anything. Now there are times where context gives a good explanation. For example Deathstroke is a 10 tonner at normal level, and when he fought New 52 WW he was amped by a god weapon, that weapon increased his power level a lot, and even then New 52 WW made him look like trash without using her full power.

Pre Crisis Wonder Woman fought Gods too, and she has far better feats than New 52 Wonder Woman in everything. Marston wanted her to be the ultimate woman in terms of power to help to portray his message that women are just as good as men.

In relation to Wonder Woman, I meant post-crisis not pre-crisis, as she's never encountered Deathstroke, pre-crisis.

Yes, Colossus and Carol (and 90s Rogue) are top tier; Marvel just has various layers of top tiers; Spider-man and Deathstroke set the standards for mid tier. Yes, I can agree that Superman and Wonder Woman set some type of overall comic book standard for a top tier character. But, after that standard was set, along came Carol and Hulk for Marvel; so yes, to strengthen my case, Carol was indeed Marvel's response to Wonder Woman, as she pre-dates a character such as Power Princess

Marvel seems to be saying ok, we have the top tier but now lets introduce characters that are above the top tiers. So, they brought along Juggernaut, than Gladiator, than Silver Surfer, than Apocalypse, and than Galactus; after Galactus, Marvel wanted even stronger characters, so along comes the Living Tribune and The One Above All; however, the top tiers were meant to be Superman, than Wonder Woman, than Carol, and Hulk; so, as DC made twits, starting with Superman, Marvel made twits with Hulk, but to much more extreme levels than DC twitted Superman; this is all I'm trying to get people to see, there is a comic book top tier, but, for Marvel, their response was Carol and Hulk.

And than, along came the DBZ universe; their response to Superman and Wonder Woman was the Saiyans, but, starting with Frieza (or probably characters just below Frieza), DBZ started introducing characters intended to be above the top tier level, so above that level is Frieza, Android 18, Perfect Cell, Kid Buu, etc.

Now, what you don't seem to realize is that, in comparing Superman to Gladiator, you've long ago cross that top tier line; yeah, it appears that Gladiator was a Superman rip off, but not quite, because he's above that top tier line Superman had established.

In the Marvel Universe, Wonder Woman has much more of a historical root in Carol, while she had nothing in common with Thor, until DC went on this Greek Mythology odyssey, which was very recently (e.g. starting with the JMS run); Carol was clearly Marvel's response to Wonder Woman, although in a belated sense (e.g. by about three decades); actually, it's probably more DC using Wonder Woman to respond to Thor, and that makes not sense, as it slices away about six and a half decades of character history for Wonder Woman.

Loading Video...

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman and Power Girl are way too powerful for the X-Men. Bench-pressing planetary weights, defeating intergalactic entities every other week, the X-Men are too weak for that stuff. Wonder Woman may not be Superman-tier, but she's certainly on par with Thor and Hercules. Huntress is an ordinary human, why would she be an X-Man?

The first two belong in Silver-Surfer-tier, the third in Thor-tier, the fourth in Daredevil-tier.

@dshipp17: That's some exceptionally poor reasoning you've got there. Superman and Wonder Woman set the standard, but apparently it doesn't matter because Gladiator and company have long surpassed that level. Then someone points out that Superman and Wonder Woman have also surpassed that level, and are elite too, and you dismiss it by saying that because it's DC, it doesn't apply in Marvel?

By the same token, you could claim that Marvel character feats don't apply to DC characters.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: they probably would be on those levels but how many times have you seen characters like gladiator compared to some of marvels more mainstream guys. I know we have some of the most notable heroes but their game is getting struck by the MCU alone. It wouldn't be far off to think they could have a little less appearences

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, Wonder Woman, and Power Girl are top tier characters. Putting them in weaker groups won't benefit them at all. Power Girl alone was able to pull the moon and fight evenly with a bloodlusted Superman.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I agree.

This is a great topic and one which I often discuss with friends! Glad we can discuss it here so I can get more views (similar and different) and why people feel that way about it. This way I can better convert Marvel character powers into ones closer to their DC Counterparts.

To me, DC characters are far stronger than Marvel ones. This was evident for years, even way back when I was a kid, and as kids, we all knew that. But back then, even "street-level" heroes like Black Widow, Daredevil and the like seemed much weaker than Batman, Black Canary, etc. Today, I think many of Marvel's characters have come up in strength and power but only this group of heroes.

Another topic we discuss is having one world with both Marvel and DC characters. However, I don't believe that they just all line up in terms of strength and power. Using some of the Marvel books, that despite being envisioned decades ago, have had more recent updates, yet they still use the "100 tons" limit as a most defining term of near-upper limit strength. They do state some are over this, but not to what degree, except for a few like World War Hulk, Maestro and Rage when he punches. Besides this, Marvel RPGs seem to also mirror the "Unearthly" level of strength/power which is mid-pointed at 100 (91-125 I believe is the range in broader terms). Even those characters that I deem should be way above 100 tons, like maybe 400-800 ---and I believe Marvel does have a few characters we have all heard of in these ranges----Marvel still lists them at Unearthly.

Contrast this with DC RPGs, the only really reliable numbers source for DC (and the comic book feats their heroes do are certainly much greater as many of you mentioned) and they are in the hundred of thousands of tons, not hundreds of tons.

Something I have been working on for some time now is a conversion chart of all Marvel/DC characters. It requires that Marvel characters get what I call a "DC Conversion Factor" or DCDF. I have worked and reworked this many times. It is difficult because I don't want to under-power nor over-power the Marvel characters. Even using what I have, no one is at Superman level. One Marvel, the one whom I believe is/was their most physically strongest character may be at Wonder Woman level or just one below her. Everyone else is 3-5 levels below WW, even with the DCDF and Lifting Strength thrown in and this is only for the most over-the-top strongest Marvel characters. People like Thing, Namor, Ms Marvel, Thundra, and most others are 6-10 levels below WW.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quasarprime: Every presentation of the marvel powerscale I've read states that the ton numbers shouldn't be taken literal and exist only for comparision. The last marvel guidebook I saw didn't even have the ton description anymore and only used the 1-7 to differentiate.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By QuasarPrime

@stahlflamme: That's not completely true. Many characters still have tonnage mentioned in the paragraphs below the power rating of 1-7. And I really hate that power scale--very ambiguous. We don't need less number crowding everyone together, we need a larger scale separating out characters into their true rankings.

Perhaps you need to go back---way back to the first books, which started mentioning just how strong characters were. There were a number of different series, but all mentioned the strength levels and/or placed within a certain group limit (such as superhuman class 10, 25, 50, 75 or superhuman class 100. The class meant up to that level of tonnage, so Class 10 meant up to 10 tons, etc).

Come on! This is comics! We all want to know who is faster, stronger, smarter, more agile, the best fighter, etc, etc, etc. OK, OK, there are some that don't care about these things. But most fans do.

You can't have Marvel merging with DC equally since the characters were not created equally. Thor does not equal Superman. Ms Marvel Carol Danvers, much as I love 'er, is no Wonder Woman. Gladiator is not Superman. He is nowhere near Supes in Marvel. I haven't finalized Gladiator, Sentry or Hyperion (modern showings). But in my Conversion, Gladiator is approximately 4-6 below Superman in Strength. His Invulnerability maybe 1-2 below. Eyebeams about the same. Hyperbreath, sight, and other senses about the same, maybe 1-2 lower.

The Conversion I am working on at least puts Marvel characters at a little better advantage, while still being under DC for 99% of the time. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of both companies

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quasarprime: The idea that characters like Gladiator or even more extremely Thanos, who have broken planets almost casually are not on the level of Superman is just silly... There were stories were Superman needed the help of every super strong character of earth to move the moon.

Marvel has and had plenty of characters with Wonder Woman or Superman class levels of strength and durability. Just because you feel the need to stick to some standard that stopped existing long ago doesn't change that. Its the same with people still arguing how Marvel characters are relatable and DC characters are not meant to be relatable. DC has tried its damn hardest to make Superman relatable, Marvel has entire Thor series trying to make him feel like a god rather than a human. These companies are constantly copying one another and hire writers that have previously worked for the other wanting them to write the exact type of story that they had writen for the other company before. The only difference is one of these company is run by idiots and the other better at marketing.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By QuasarPrime

Both Gladiator and Thanos are just two of the top-tier I consider at Marvel. And two of my favorites at that! I never saw Gladiator nor Thanos break a planet in two. Did they do this with their own 2 hands, using just their strength? However, no Marvel write-ups mention that Gladiator, Thanos, Kurse, Sentry, Hyperion or any of a number of other characters far exceeds all the other "Class 100" character. Indeed, even Marvel's RPG games have Gladiator and Thanos at just Unearthly level, never Sh X or higher. I may believe they are much higher, however, Marvel never seemed to!

I don't know what the standard that stopped existing long ago you are accusing me of sticking to.??? I am not usually sticky, but have become so on occasion :)

I didn't say Marvel heroes are relatable and DC are not, and I don't feel that way, either. And I am not talking about companies policies or marketing. And I am not insulting anyone.

Just talking about all these great characters in the same world/universe and how they are similar/different. How do they compare?

Is Marvel's Asgardian demi-goddess Valkyrie equal to DC's goddess Wonder Woman? Is a Marvel Femizon as strong as a DC Amazon? If so, why, how, just because????

Not all characters are created equal in terms of their abilities, intelligence, knowledge, speed, agility, etc. For instance, one might be number 1 in their high school of a 1000 kids, and be at the very bottom of a college. All I am doing on my own, that I thought would be worth mentioning here to some, since it fit in with the characters from both sides, is my Conversion. If it doesn't interest you, that is fine. Not everyone will be interested.

I just want to make sure each character is correctly slotted, if you will, in their appropriate space. Why place someone at the wrong level? Is Valkyrie at WW level? Is Ms Marvel? Is Thundra? Consider the following:

It has taken decades for fans----and some still argue on here----that Wonder Woman is not in the same classification of strength as Superman. True, I believe Wonder Woman is NOT as strong as Superman, but she is very close, the closest woman to his strength. She can fight him long and hard and adequately to hold him off and even beat him. She is at the same level or classification (whatever we call it) as Superman. I can't place Valkyrie, Ms Marvel nor Thundra at that level. They are just not there. A 50, 70, 75 is not a 100,000. Even 10X stronger, a 500, 700 or 750 is not 100,000. Even 100X stronger, a 5000, 7000, 7500 is not 100,000. Even at 1000X stronger 50,000, 70,000 and 75,000 does not equal 100,000.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@dshipp17: Pre Crisis Wonder Woman moved moons and planets by herself, it's clear the level Marston wanted her to have. He wanted her to be the ultimate representation of female empowerment in every sense.

Post Crisis Wonder Woman had to hold back a lot to not kill Deathstroke by accident, and Deathstroke being able to budge Post Crisis Wonder Woman is bad wriring like Captain America being able to budge Hulk,Black Panther being able to budge Silver Surfer,etc, an don't make me start with the street levelers that have hurt Apokalypse.

Ms Marvel is not a top tier, she couldn't set the standard for female top tiers because she was never a top tier She was a 50 tonner with sonic speed during her debut when the Wonder Woman of that time was far, far above that. Later Ms Marvel became a 75 tnnoner and super sonic speed, and only now she is reaching 100 ton level, but Wonder Woman remains way stronger, way faster an way more durable. Wonder Woman's story, origin and backgroun has way more in common with Thor than Ms Marvel. Gladiator is not above top tier, you have street levelers, mid tiers, top tiers and omnipotent characters. Marvel was not going to set any standard with Gladiator because Superman is a top tier and he is the mold for Gladiator, Superman has the same type of feats Gladitor has, everyting Gladiator has ever done, Superman has done it and more.

Akira Toriyama wasn't thinking of Superman and Wonder Woman when he created dbz, Wonder Woman would stomp 18 in a fight, so leave that stupid blond android out of this topic, she has nothing to do with this.

There were different layers/characterizations of pre-crisis Wonder Woman; as far as I can remember, Wonder Woman only appeared to move a moon, planet, and sun on a few covers back in the Golden Age, not actually inside the comic; these examples can hardly be taken as anything other than anomalies, as I've had to repeatedly point out to you; but, if you can reference where this occurred inside the actual issues, please reference them, but, they're likely only in the Golden Age and not often enough to consider them characteristics of the Wonder Woman character; however, how DC portrayed her is irrelevant in Marvel; we're going by DC first inventing Superman and Wonder Woman with Marvel matching them with Carol and Hulk; this is so, because DC has kept Superman and Wonder Woman as their top tier, apex superheros, while Marvel has created higher top tier characters, going by my previous logic (e.g. from their first Hulk up to the Living Tribune; not including The One Above All, because DC has the Presence).

Bad writing is one's point of view; from my perspective, having the higher end anomalies of her moving a moon or a planet is bad writing, where a character like Deathstroke budging her is much more common; but again, irrelevant to Marvel, when the only points of connection is Superman and Wonder Woman to Carol and Hulk.

Since Carol has always been way stronger than Spider-man, she's clearly meant to be a top tier; Spider-man, along with some of his villains set the limit for mid tier; Captain America and Wolverine would be the limit for your low tier characters. We can't take arbitrary measures for the Marvel characters and apply them to DC characters by applying DC rules; 50 tons in Marvel might be proportional to 500 or 5000 or 500K or 5M tons in DC; all we can extrapolate from is that Marvel responded to Superman and Wonder Woman with Carol and Hulk, that Spider-man is their top mid tier character, Carol is way higher, so Carol is their first level top tier character. In Wonder Woman's pre-crisis days, she wasn't understood to be moving at light speed nor was Superman; I remember her first test of speed when she out raced a speeding car; thus, the equivalence of Carol with Wonder Woman, from Marvel's lens. No, Wonder Woman's origin does not have anymore in common with Thor's origin than Carol's origin; you're lost to the fact that Wonder Woman is intertwined so closely with Greek Mythology is due to the recent 5 year old push in Greek Mythology out of 70 years of history; also, again, Marvel cannot clone Wonder Woman; Carol is only supposed to be their equivalent character. Gladiator is a higher level top tier character than Carol; with good writing, only characters like Apocalypse, Phoenix, followed by cosmic characters such as Galactus would be higher that Gladiator, at least, if we are go by that video with Juggernaut vs Gladiator in my last post. Although Gladiator was molded after Superman in some ways (e.g. being from another planet and one of the last of his kind), he's supposed to be a higher top tier than Superman, who is nearer to the Carol level of top tier in the Marvel-verse; the Marvel-verse ignores the various tweaks to Superman and Wonder Woman, especially the anomalies.

Clearly, the creator of DBZ was at least thinking about Superman (e.g. the Saiyans being very strong, able to fly, the last of their kind due to a blown up planet, etc; you can't get any closer without cloning Superman; the difference is that Saiyans could reach higher levels of super strength; the sun-dipped concept came after the creation of Dragon Ball mythos).

Below are scans of the consistent strength feats of Wonder Woman. More scans to come.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CalvinRod

I think it would be better in magazines of character cosmic like Silver Surfer / Galactus. That too, would keep their levels of power valued. Also would help various world's from many different regions of the galaxy.

While the Xmen. Always the most common issues were placed on the agenda.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

X-Men: Eh, 2 aliens, a human and a demigoddess... why would they be on a team/group that has an extremely narrow idea of what it means to be a mutant?

Cosmic Marvel: Could work.

SM/WW/PG being reduced to Thing and Colossus level: B*** F****** S***! They are three of the physically most powerful characters DC has and Marvel has nearly 2 dozen rip-off characters based on them and their power to honor that. In the case Marvel did get them, they wouldn't depower them, they'd get rid of all the faux attempts at them and happily introduce them to the ranks of Hulk, Thor and Sentry.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@dshipp17 said:

Would you like it if Superman, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, and Huntress were made X-men? What if Marvel put Superman, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, and Huntress in the Silver Surfer/Galactus section of Marvel?

How would Marvel handle Superman, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, and Huntress, along with the X-men, if they had to face Magneto and his team, Juggernaut, Sinister, or Apocalypse (e.g. say in the Beyond Good and Evil episodes and The Fifth Horseman episode)?

It's kind of a apple/oranges sort of problem. Superman is the equivalent of the Fantastic Four; they were both the first and the foundation of superheroes in the mu. He wouldn't qualify as an X-man, but he'd easily be an Avenger. Wonder Woman is more the equivalent of Captain America in that her base history is World War 2. She couldn't be classified as mutant either with her original origin. Now that they've made her an amazon/god hybrid she could be. Power Girl and Huntress are second generation heroines, no real equivalent I can think of in the mu.

Superman could take Juggernaut and Power Girl could take Magneto. Don't know about the other two as I've not read too much on them.

I think marvel would handle them badly. Superman would have to be crazy -as Sentry was- and/or constantly on the fence between good guy and bad guy. Marvel does not know how to handle a noble person with powers, that sort of concept is so far out of their normal ends justify the means philosophy that they'd have to do to Superman what they are doing to Thor: mess with his base concept and power levels. Wonder Woman would probably suffer as Carol Danvers has and in the end she'd be relegated to a Storm or She-Hulk roll: just a team hanger on or a short lived series person. Power Girl or Huntress would probably end up being Tony's conquest. Huntress might get a Spider-Girl style book before someone like Bendis stuffed her into a fridge.

In terms of strength? Superman is at Thor level (when he's actually being Thor), Wonder Woman is at Angella or Sif level with Power Girl being about or just a bit above Carol's level and Huntress is Black Widow level.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current Donna storyline in Wonder Woman is very much a marvel style storyline to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.