Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman in Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

• 82 results
    TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheBlondeGod

Just so you know, "Throne of Atlantis picks up where Justice League: War ended, as we see the origin story of Aquaman and his introduction to a newly formed Justice League."

They retained Wonder Woman's (which will be voiced by Rosario Dawson) costume in JLW and I sense no problem there, but what caught my attention are the images leaked or idk released maybe lol.

No Caption Provided

I smell some romance here.

No Caption Provided

And yeaaaaaaaahhhhh. DC will portray the romance between Wonder Woman and Superman.

Well I hope that this movie will turn out good. For more images from Justice League: Throne of Atlantis, check the link below.

Click me!

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I saw a whole bit on youtube this weekend ... can't say I'm surprised they are putting them together, it was blatantly foreshadowed in JLW. Happy about Rosario Dawson as her voice, Michelle Monaghan didn't work for me ... also happy that Nathan Fillion is returning as Hal!

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice league War portrayed Wonder Woman in such a badass way, and showed how powerful she is. When she had that moment against Darkseid, I was in awe. She did better against him than Superman.

This movie is gonna be so awesome. I just hope the show her speed more.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disgusting, I think I just sharted out my kidneys.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

Disgusting, I think I just sharted out my kidneys.

I love that you used the word sharted

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Cool! Always up for another animated JL film.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man i love her costume i swear it is such a great design.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Sometimes there just isn't enough vomit in the world.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a very big fan of this particular design, she looks like a bit of a Kunoichi but I'm super pumped about Rosario.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man i love her costume i swear it is such a great design.

QFT

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

Not a fan of the SM/WW pairing simply because I don't think anyone in the Trinity should date, but I'm not overly mad about it, plus, Wonder Woman was the best part of JL:War, so I'm glad she's gonna have some screen time in this film too.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just glad to see her in there and knowing the book of how much she kicked ass is reassuring. It's a double pairing too since mera will have her moments with aquaman too.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame.

Beata

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:

Justice league War portrayed Wonder Woman in such a badass way, and showed how powerful she is. When she had that moment against Darkseid, I was in awe. She did better against him than Superman.

This movie is gonna be so awesome. I just hope the show her speed more.

Let's be a little fair here, Superman was out of the picture when the real battle against Darkseid began. As soon as he returned he overpowered the D-man.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madflavor: Superman didnt over power him though, he punched Darkseid a couple of time after the JL already wore him down. Even then, WW was right beside him punching Darkseid.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Madflavor

@klaus said:

@madflavor: Superman didnt over power him though, he punched Darkseid a couple of time after the JL already wore him down. Even then, WW was right beside him punching Darkseid.

I'm literally watching it right now, they had a test of strength. Wonder Woman didn't jump in until the whole team started to push him through the boom tube.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just happy they changed her voice actor. Her voice actor in War was horrid. She was trying way too hard and came off childish and delivered lines awkwardly.

Eh, more supes and diana. I'm not actively against them but their relationship does feel forced and I'm actually excited to see it end soon. Which I think will happen in the next few justice league issues. She's not at all treated like an equal in their relationship and series, supes is the star

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I'm just happy they changed her voice actor. Her voice actor in War was horrid. She was trying way too hard and came off childish and delivered lines awkwardly.

Eh, more supes and diana. I'm not actively against them but their relationship does feel forced and I'm actually excited to see it end soon. Which I think will happen in the next few justice league issues.

People have been saying that for over a year now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madflavor: "The shocking conclusion to “THE INJUSTICE LEAGUE” leads to a startling confrontation with the all-new, all-dangerous Doom Patrol! And in the wake of it all, a secret will be revealed that will bond two members forever – and break two members apart. Plus, Shazam unlocks a new power that will send a shockwave through the League."

That is the solicit for the next issue. What other two members could be broken apart??

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DianaXKal

I'd be excited if it weren't for her costume design and ponytail, but I'm glad to see The Kiss is in this film.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Eh, more supes and diana. I'm not actively against them but their relationship does feel forced and I'm actually excited to see it end soon. Which I think will happen in the next few justice league issues.

LMAO

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@jayc1324 said:

He's right you know

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I am also right. And that doesn't work without the Morgan freeman gif lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@saint_wildcard: I am also right. And that doesn't work without the Morgan freeman gif lol

Not unless it comes true. Everything you said is opinion and speculation. Also considering Soule's tweet

https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/status/497881935424020480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't even take place at the same time as the justice league story.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Madflavor

@jayc1324 said:

@madflavor: "The shocking conclusion to “THE INJUSTICE LEAGUE” leads to a startling confrontation with the all-new, all-dangerous Doom Patrol! And in the wake of it all, a secret will be revealed that will bond two members forever – and break two members apart. Plus, Shazam unlocks a new power that will send a shockwave through the League."

That is the solicit for the next issue. What other two members could be broken apart??

Certainly not Supes and Wondy, and even if they do "break apart" it probably won't be in the way you're thinking off. DC has already invested too much time and resources to just break up the relationship now. They've been marketed as a couple for a good while now, and some general audiences are catching up to this. I've seen these two paired up in a Wendy's comic/toy promotion, and it seemed as if they were on a date in one of the previews for Lego Batman 3. As much as we see a good 50% of the people on comic book websites hate on this relationship, I've seen a lot of support for it from the casual audience. It's probably gonna be a long time before it ends.

There's plenty of opportunity for story between these two, so I don't see why it should end soon anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madflavor: I don't see who else it could be. There relationship isnt exactly well written or special, and is forced. Its just a publicity stunt and like you proved in your comment, it has worked. Geoff Johns also said their relationship will end badly so he must have it in mind already.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@madflavor: I don't see who else it could be. There relationship isnt exactly well written or special, and is forced. Its just a publicity stunt and like you proved in your comment, it has worked. Geoff Johns also said their relationship will end badly so he must have it in mind already.

He said that a while ago with Trinity War in mind. It's fairly easy to assume they didn't stick to whatever original plan they had. If and when their relationship ends, it's not gonna happen in one issue. Not to mention if they break up, what happens to the Superman/Wonder Woman book? It's one of DC's better selling comics. There's a lot to consider here.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im torn. I couldnt honestly care less about the Throne of Atlas arc, which was merely an attempt to bolster Aquaman, and yet we get to actually see Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship in a movie... Gah, I may end up having to watch this.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SaintWildcard
    @jayc1324 said:

@saint_wildcard: that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't even take place at the same time as the justice league story.

I'm willing to bet much cash that they don't end SM/WW within a year

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I'm willing to bet much cash that they don't end SM/WW within a year

Me too, and I'm a broke college student, lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I don't think they'd end it in a year either. There more stories to be told before their relationship ends. @madflavor: I know, I'm not the one ending it lol, perhaps I was reading too much into the solicit. You're right it will most likely be a long, built up even when it ends.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SaintWildcard

@madflavor said:

@jayc1324 said:

He said that a while ago with Trinity War in mind. It's fairly easy to assume they didn't stick to whatever original plan they had. If and when their relationship ends, it's not gonna happen in one issue. Not to mention if they break up, what happens to the Superman/Wonder Woman book? It's one of DC's better selling comics. There's a lot to consider here.

And when asked later he gave a vague statement about the relationship. So I think at this point it's out of his hands. Either that or he wanted to scare people. Honestly rules and plans should never be set in stone. It makes the stories pointless. It's like Death at this point, who cares anymore?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Eh, more supes and diana. I'm not actively against them but their relationship does feel forced and I'm actually excited to see it end soon. Which I think will happen in the next few justice league issues. She's not at all treated like an equal in their relationship and series, supes is the star

I would have expected it to go maybe another year, but since their about to change writers I'd expect it might actually go a bit longer.

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 90mv

No Caption Provided

Sometimes there just isn't enough vomit in the world.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm glad she has a new voice actor

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, Michelle Monaghan's got a lovely voice but it came off a bit theatrical in JL War.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Agreed, Michelle Monaghan's got a lovely voice but it came off a bit theatrical in JL War.

Yeah, but since the movie was about them being young and naive it worked for the film. However now that they are an established group a few new more experienced voices will work out. Plus we got Nathan Fillion back as GL :) but lost Shemar Moore as Cyborg :(

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to seeing it even if it doesn't turn out that good. I'm mostly curious to see where they go next. I'd assume they're building to Trinity Wars so maybe next we'll get a "Justice League Dark / Justice League of America" double feature. It would be nice to see a different cast of characters for a change.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: would be great to get something new from them. But they did Crime Syndicate already so I suspect they'll go a different way with Trinity War

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Is it me or do Wonder Woman and Superman look like brother and sister?

carterleavyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure Bruce & Diana would look like brother and sister. It's just the black hair.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

you know supes and flash are leaving the JL so this event relates to their departure and the new bond with lex and bats. Nothign to do with their relationship.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but since the movie was about them being young and naive it worked for the film. However now that they are an established group a few new more experienced voices will work out. Plus we got Nathan Fillion back as GL :) but lost Shemar Moore as Cyborg :(

Not for me though, it came across as the voice of a loopy woman but in fairness to Michelle Monaghan, that might've been the goal, I thought the voice was actually quite consistent with Wonder Woman's demeanor in Justice League.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

Not for me though, it came across as the voice of a loopy woman but in fairness to Michelle Monaghan, that might've been the goal, I thought the voice was actually quite consistent with Wonder Woman's demeanor in Justice League.

Yeah I defiantly wasn't a fan of that voice actor, but considering the tone of the film I can give it a pass (which I very rarely do). In any case she has already been replaced by Rosario Dawson, who is both a good actor and fan of the character.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FoamBorn

Yeah I defiantly wasn't a fan of that voice actor, but considering the tone of the film I can give it a pass (which I very rarely do). In any case she has already been replaced by Rosario Dawson, who is both a good actor and fan of the character.

Yeah it wasn't a deal breaker, with or without that voice we would've still seen Wonder Woman point her sword at the "chef" that "sold" her ice cream and swing it in a public place replete with children while dressed like a kunoichi. I hope they've rectified those things in Throne of Atlantis.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Superguy1591

Of course they are making the romance mainstream, the romance is supposed to have a major impact on the DC universe and the JL.

They'll want that impact felt in an animated movie as well.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

Yeah it wasn't a deal breaker, with or without that voice we would've still seen Wonder Woman point her sword at the "chef" that "sold" her ice cream and swing it in a public place replete with children while dressing like a kunoichi. I hope they've rectified those things in Throne of Atlantis.

She did look a little like a Kunoichi.... anyways I'm hoping things will be better for her. The fact that she has a new voice actor means they want to make some changes with her, so I'm sure they will work out for the better.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman/Wonder Woman has been pretty good so far in the New 52 so I really dont have any problems with this. I just cant wait for the movie! I enjoyed JL War alot so of course Im SUPER pumped for the sequel.

The only disappointing bit of news is Nathan Fillion coming back as Hal. I never thought I would be saying those words, but the voice actor in War was one of the best parts of the movie. Whenever I hear Nathan Fillion as Hal all I hear is Nathan Fillion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.