Wonder Woman Gets A New Look In Issue #8

• 140 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

This week we'll see the release of WONDER WOMAN #8, and in it we'll get to check out Wonder Woman in a whole new way - or at least in a whole new costume. How does one prepare to enter into the depths of Hell? She dons a brand new costume, of course.

In the upcoming issue of her self-titled, ongoing series the heroine will be getting a very different look and a whole array of new toys to do battle with. The exclusive preview of the upcoming issue was seen on Redeye earlier today. Wonder Woman will be depicted in full upper body plated armor, a skirt, sword and child and she will also be toting a pair of golden guns. If we had to guess, we would say that based on the picture above, Diana got a little bit of help from Hephaestus for her costume redesign. The question remains, will this new look mean new and increased powers? We will have to wait until this Wednesday to find out. Check out the full five-page preview of WONDER WOMAN #8 here. What do you think of the costume? Do you prefer this look to her usual attire?

== TEASER ==

Source: Redeye Chicago

#1 Posted by Dernman (13992 posts) - - Show Bio

Not fond of it.

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of like it.

#3 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7497 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know what to make of that

#4 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Finally she looks like the warrior she's supposed to be! 

I totally approve. 

I mean, if I had to change anything, the skirt would be fuller, but other than that, I think it's perfect.

#5 Posted by Dernman (13992 posts) - - Show Bio

There are things I like but others I don't.

#6 Posted by HellionVulcan (3458 posts) - - Show Bio

it kinda reminds me of darksiders when Ulthane makes u a sword & helps war get Strife's gun but i like how its kinda similar to Hercules taking Ares weapons from his vault but it looks much better then her old costume .

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27366 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the emblem 

#8 Posted by feargalr (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, more practical look for a warrior.

#9 Posted by wmwadeii (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

Guns?

#10 Posted by Novaar (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it

#11 Posted by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope she isn't going into Hell with a child (amusing typo!).

I like the look, desperate times and all that.

#12 Posted by MuadDiab (331 posts) - - Show Bio

To be frank, so what? Great book but I imagine a 'new costume' as you're calling it wasn't supposed to be a big deal here. Likely because she won't be wearing it all the time or ever again. The story itself is the centre piece here not the fashion. Of course she's wearing armour to go in battle for crying out loud.

I hate this aspect of comics media these days. Anytime Spider-Man or Iron Man has a new suit there's an announcement just to get people to fight on forums on whether they like it, which in turn gets everyone aware of the issue which will then sell more. Even this post is acting in that sense. This could have simply been Wonder Woman Preview.

On another note, I'd like to see Diana going between the previous design with pants and loads of others. It just makes sense that she wouldn't wear the same clothing all of the time, then people wouldn't be so falsely upset/delighted. She's a character not a costume.

#13 Edited by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

This new design of "Underworld" is freaking awesome.

#14 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! I liked her previous outfit, but this is PERFECT amazon warrior!!

#15 Posted by Dernman (13992 posts) - - Show Bio

It's growing on me the more I see it. Don't think it's the right costume for JLA though. Keep it in Wonder Woman.

#16 Posted by saoakden (958 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. I like it.

#17 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuadDiab said:

To be frank, so what? Great book but I imagine a 'new costume' as you're calling it wasn't supposed to be a big deal here. Likely because she won't be wearing it all the time or ever again. The story itself is the centre piece here not the fashion. Of course she's wearing armour to go in battle for crying out loud.

I hate this aspect of comics media these days. Anytime Spider-Man or Iron Man has a new suit there's an announcement just to get people to fight on forums on whether they like it, which in turn gets everyone aware of the issue which will then sell more. Even this post is acting in that sense. This could have simply been Wonder Woman Preview.

On another note, I'd like to see Diana going between the previous design with pants and loads of others. It just makes sense that she wouldn't wear the same clothing all of the time, then people wouldn't be so falsely upset/delighted. She's a character not a costume.

Would have loved to simply post the Wonder Woman preview, except that we didn't get the exclusive for it.

#18 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. Wouldn't mind her changing to it.

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks pretty Bad Ass. I don't like how she is using Eros's guns....

#20 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad. A good change from the usual.

#21 Posted by The Poet (8196 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#22 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11727 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs a few touch ups like a fuller skirt and the W symbol but it's a start.

#23 Edited by Inverno (12830 posts) - - Show Bio

Me gusta! Hephaestus looks weird here!

#24 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

If there is an 'Underworld', most definitely would be London or inside England. Great choice.

#25 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the armour on her right arm.

#26 Posted by cmaprice (787 posts) - - Show Bio

Xena meets Captain America. Works.

#27 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

now she is starting to get my attention, but does she really need the golden gunz tho?

#28 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Novaar said:

I like it

#29 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this and I usually don't like change. Is it only sticking around for a few issues?

#30 Posted by xkoenig (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

If there is an 'Underworld', most definitely would be London or inside England. Great choice.

Whoa, whoa, whoa there, fella! What's that supposed to mean? ;)

#31 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if I like the skirt... The rest is fine.

#32 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Not fond of it.

well said.

#33 Posted by xkoenig (387 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, what is a sword and child?

#34 Posted by VioletPhoenix (291 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt she dressed like her earth 2 counterpart?

#35 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

battle skirt needs to be fuller, other than that it looks great. Although I would like the arm brace was more bronze in color than red.

#36 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@xkoenig said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

It means London is hell on Earth. :P

#37 Posted by xkoenig (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

@xkoenig said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

London is my favorite city on Earth, and I'm from England, so I'm going to have to massively disagree with you here.

#38 Posted by cobra88king8 (323 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. It works for what she is going to do. Whether or not she keeps it doesn't matter. It makes sense for her to wear that right now. I'm kind of sick of everyone fighting on whether or not an outfit is "good" or not. I personally wouldn't mind if certain characters changed their outfit for the story they're in. It makes sense for WW to dress like a warrior if she's going to be doing a lot of fighting and against large numbers of enemies

#39 Posted by notarandomguy (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

didn't knew that ares was in london

I still don't get why this wonder woman happens to feel like its living a couple of years after Justice League #7 same as Aquaman, same as Green Lantern.

#40 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1065 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the design, but I don't care for the drawing... if that makes sense.

I wish her metal skirt plates weren't spaced so far apart, and that the Eagle on the breastplate was more fleshed out. She looks a lot Hippolyta's old design with her hair up. A simple ponytail might make her look less old/like her mother. But on the whole, I'm a fan.

#41 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@notarandomguy said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

I still don't get why this wonder woman happens to feel like its living a couple of years after Justice League #7 same as Aquaman, same as Green Lantern.

Hades

#42 Posted by notarandomguy (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

@notarandomguy said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

Hades

Oh thanks :3 don't how I made that mistake .-.

#43 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

@notarandomguy said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

Because Justice League #7 was terrible and doesn't feel like it takes place in the same time or universe as ANY of the other series including the ones Geoff Johns himself is also writing?

I mean, when a bunch of series don't fit with one; isn't it more reasonable to assume its the ONE series that isn't in synch with the OTHERS?

#44 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@xkoenig said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@xkoenig said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

London is my favorite city on Earth, and I'm from England, so I'm going to have to massively disagree with you here.

I'm also from England.

#45 Posted by sparty-dbq (715 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd think it'd be bigger news that she's packing now.

Speaking of which, GOLD guns? Who is she, Nicolas Cage in Face/Off?

#46 Posted by Skunkstein (582 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve, im digging most of the new 52 custome updates... really bringing some realism (lol, yeah i know how it sounds) into their looks. I was never a big fan of spandex.

#47 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

It's alright. The top half is better than the bottom.

#48 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

She needs pants.

#49 Posted by matestinha (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, could be some kind of occasional second costume. Just having a hard time to fit the golden guns in it, but ok

#50 Posted by The Stegman (20738 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh..close, but I'd prefer something like this to be her normal look. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.