Wonder Woman fights the GL Corps? (Spoilers!)

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know why I checked the previews for Wondy, but I'm kinda glad I did. Check this out:

Comics superstar Bernard Chang joins Gail Simone for a 2-part story that will take Wonder Woman to the furthest reaches of the galaxy, but not before the vicious alien race the Khund begin an assault on Earth! But before the invasion can begin, the relationship of Wonder Woman and Nemesis takes a defining turn.

Part 2 of the 2-part story "Expatriate!" Spirited to the Khund home world, Wonder Woman finds herself in the unpopular position of having to defend one of the greatest scourges of the galaxy from the deserved wrath of many an angry race! What could possibly convince the Amazon princess to side with the enemy? You won't believe the answer! And who is the incredibly powerful DC figure that's trying to stop her?

The word Khund caught my attention, but that Green Blast in the 2nd issues cover really spiked my interest. Any thoughts? Is that a GL blast?

Might have to pick these two up, even though I haven't heard great things about Ol Wondy lately.

M

#2 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, I'm really enjoying Gail's run on WW. I thought Terry Dodson was drawing WW, is his run over when this arc starts or something?

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

possibly.. dunno, that was just what i found while wandering DC's site lol

M

#4 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so. I would love to see a Wonder Woman/GL showdown.

#5 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a strange feeling to check out the Wonder Woman forum when I got on Comic Vine and now I know why. :P

When I saw this preview on DC I was also really intrigued by the green blast there as well.

Plus I love Chang's work.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... the green blast really looks like a Green Lantern energy blast...

for some reason i can really see Wonder Woman duking it out with one of the new Alpha Lanterns

M

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who haven't seen this yet...

and if ya can't read it...

"You are not welcome here, Amazon. This race is under my protection! Leave now. Or face the wrath of the Green Lantern Corps!"

M

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"For those who haven't seen this yet... and if ya can't read it... "You are not welcome here, Amazon. This race is under my protection! Leave now. Or face the ***wrath of the Green Lantern Corps!***" M"

Your having the equivelant of a GL fan heartattack arent you? LoL.

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

roflol... nah...

i wanted to see WW go up against an Alpha Lantern... those things are frickin' crazy lol

M

#10 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"roflol... nah... i wanted to see WW go up against an Alpha Lantern... those things are frickin' crazy lol M"

Don't forget creepy.

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, very creepy...

i can really see something going wrong with them, especially if they go up against someone like Henshaw who could just 'hack' them and turn them to his own advantage

M

#12 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"yeah, very creepy... i can really see something going wrong with them, especially if they go up against someone like Henshaw who could just 'hack' them and turn them to his own advantage M"

But they are still half organic. He probably won't be able too.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

he'll be able to take over the robotic parts though... besides, Henshaw is part organic himself...

M

#14 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"he'll be able to take over the robotic parts though... besides, Henshaw is part organic himself... M"

And he's a beast, let's not forget that part.

#15 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Methos says:
"he'll be able to take over the robotic parts though... besides, Henshaw is part organic himself... M"
And he's a beast, let's not forget that part."

Okay, who are you???? Lol, because my friend always say that. Whenever he thinks something is cool he calls it a beast. Wolverine=beast to him.

#16 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Methos says:
And he's a beast, let's not forget that part."
Okay, who are you???? Lol, because my friend always say that. Whenever he thinks something is cool he calls it a beast. Wolverine=beast to him. "

Nah, he's another Superman clone with a cheezy costume so I don't like him too much. I call him a beast because he's insanely powerful. Like "DAMN!" strong.

#17 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this picture.

#18 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet ! A Wonder Woman vs Green Lantern showdown. I love it

#20 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, in that last panel, I love what Etta Candy says. She's so awesome.

EDIT: But I don't like Wonder Woman's facial expression. It's like she's about to go to sleep.
Post Edited:2008-03-25 03:57:50

#21 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really GL related but my favorite part of the issue was when the Khunds showed WW her statue and explained that they had to pretty it up. I thought that was great.

#22 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Not really GL related but my favorite part of the issue was when the Khunds showed WW her statue and explained that they had to pretty it up. I thought that was great. "

I agree. I laughed pretty hard when I saw that.

Another favourite part in that issue of mine, was when she met Neko, the daughter of the Khund. It was funny how she was a total fan of Wonder Woman and she was asking WW if she could sign her armour.

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait for the full faceoff... we all know what happened the last time WW went up against a Green Lantern lol

M

#24 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it went slightly better than it did the last time she faced down a Green Lantern...

Click on the images to see the full versions... this one's going to hurt lol

Sorry WW, but i don't see a way out of this one :p

M

#25 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, that was a really cool fight. Good issue overall. I like how she analysed the scenario, and then she actually used his own power against him! Wootness for that. And then she analysed the situation some more and then totally went for it. And then she held out her hand and I was like, "Whoa, that is so Wonder Woman!"

And yep, totally awesome.

#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Okay, that was a really cool fight. Good issue overall. I like how she analysed the scenario, and then she actually used his own power against him! Wootness for that. And then she analysed the situation some more and then totally went for it. And then she held out her hand and I was like, "Whoa, that is *so* Wonder Woman!"And yep, totally awesome."

are you talking about that newest issue with the bad review?

#28 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek_the_lost says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
"Okay, that was a really cool fight. Good issue overall. I like how she analysed the scenario, and then she actually used his own power against him! Wootness for that. And then she analysed the situation some more and then totally went for it. And then she held out her hand and I was like, "Whoa, that is *so* Wonder Woman!"And yep, totally awesome."

are you talking about that newest issue with the bad review?"

some great series get bad reviews....

Since Tomasi joined Nightwing ign has been giving it really bad reviews, however everywhere else I go people say that they love it both Nightwing fans and people that aren't

It's all about what the reviewer likes actually

#29 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, trust IGN to make some fair reviews.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.