Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman; Down To Earth in 5 panels.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By waezi2
    mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So, this comic sucks?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Not entirely. But it wants us to believe that a forest fire can be a good thing. Something about rebirth and crap.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think a little bird even warned Wonder Woman that its habitat was up in flames, why would she do this to the animals and the trees. I don't understand that either.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: You'r right. A bird actually did that. So even though she's a vegetarian, she is cool with them burning to death.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: oh boy, really? Do a review.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CSG_CL

@waezi2 said:Click here to see 5-panel.

Only YOU can prevent forest fires from being prevented!

The writer is clearly trying to get across the concept of a "controlled burn" ... a somewhat common practice fire authorities use to keep wildfires down in forested and grassland areas. She's making the point that the area needs this fire to prevent an even worse fire later. I think she's also making a point to the Flash that not every problem requires heroes to come save the day ... if he had put out the fire today, a few months later it would have been a much worse fire to deal with.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_burn

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: That may be, but controlling a fire is much harder than killing it. I understand the argument, but in the end, saving lives is more important. And letting the forest burn is too risky. And what if someone was inside he forest, and therefor burned to death? And her argument also require that the fire started by natural reasons, so what if a drunk or thoughtless idiot caused it? Then it wouldn't be natural. If burning down the forest is so important, then the solution is to stop the great fire and then start smaller fires that you can control, and then slowly burn it down.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@csg_cl: That may be, but controlling a fire is much harder than killing it. I understand the argument, but in the end, saving lives is more important. And letting the forest burn is too risky. And what if someone was inside he forest, and therefor burned to death? And her argument also require that the fire started by natural reasons, so what if a drunk or thoughtless idiot caused it? Then it wouldn't be natural. If burning down the forest is so important, then the solution is to stop the great fire and then start smaller fires that you can control, and then slowly burn it down.

I don't disagree that this was poorly written ... and your commentary is completely correct ... just noting that it's not one of those total BS out of nowhere things. The writer was clearly trying to be clever, and missed the mark by a wide margin!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: oh boy, really? Do a review.

Must... resist... request!!!

... Okay, I will do it...

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

SO is she down to earth?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@madeinbangladesh: Unless you're going by her Daughter of Zeus status, she was once made from the earth..

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#13  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
    Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Let me point out that forest fires are a naturally occurring thing and forests have adapted where necessary, either by the trees spreading far and wide, or hide their seeds in the ground till it's over. The Giant Redwood for instance actually relies on forest fires in order to clear out the undergrowth and allow their seeds to grow.

It's a problem when human settlements get endangered, but other than that, its just a course of nature.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FoamBorn

@waezi2 said:

If this were a controlled burning you'd think they wouldn't let it almost reach the village and Wonder Woman would've probably told the Flash. Where I live, forests have owners who are required to clean them in the Spring to prevent fires or prevent them from spreading quickly out of control, I think it's called forest management. I had never heard of controlled burning before but I gave it a quick google search and they do them in the winter. So much for Rucka "clearly" getting across the concept

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Agent_Z

@foamborn: If this were a controlled burning you'd think they wouldn't let it almost reach the village and Wonder Woman would've probably told the Flash. Where I live, forests have owners who are required to clean them in the Spring to prevent fires or prevent them from spreading quickly out of control, I think it's called forest management. I had never heard of controlled burning before but I gave it a quick google search and they do them in the winter. So much for Rucka "clearly" getting across the concept.

Wasn't this co-written by Geoff Johns? He kind of has a history of writing Diana as pretty much detached from reality.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z: no, but you are right about Johns way of writing her

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.