No?

#3 Posted by Rusty_Irons (627 posts) - - Show Bio

What?

#4 Posted by UsagiTsukino (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Would wonder woman make a good cop

#5 Edited by WDW (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino said:

She would make a terrible cop! but she would make an excellent superhero. That is why she is a superhero not a cop. Make sense? :)

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW

@UsagiTsukino said:

She would make a terrible cop! but she would make an excellent superhero. That is why she is a superhero not a cop. Make sense? :)

If Superman can be a reporter Im pretty sure Wonder Woman could make it as a cop
#7 Edited by WDW (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@WDW

@UsagiTsukino said:

If Superman can be a reporter Im pretty sure Wonder Woman could make it as a cop

How does superman being a reporter relate to Wonder Woman's ability as a cop? are you taking Wonder Woman's personality and history into account or just focusing on her ability.

In order to make Wonder Woman into a cop you would have to change a lot of things that make her Wonder Woman in the first place.

1. Wonder Woman does not have a secret identity how is she going to maintain her status as a cop and Amazon princess

2. Wonder Woman’s would have an extremely limited jurisdiction. Right now Wonder Woman operates on a world wide scale. If you make her a COP she would be limited to a small jurisdiction

3. Wonder Woman usually does her own thing. She frequently does what she thinks is right even if it’s against the law. In-fact Wonder Woman operates above the law.

4. What is Wonder Woman’s motivation for being a cop what’s the point? To save lives? She can do that as a superhero.

5. A Cop operates within the law Superhero’s do not and are essentially vigilantes they are almost the exact polar opposites.

6. As a COP Wonder Woman is subject to all types of law suits. As a cop she would basically spend most of her time in court being sued

7. As a member of the Justice league she already has special status which allows her to act as a superhero. Why would she get rid of that to be a lowly cop relative to what she is now? How does being a cop ADD value to Wonder Woman’s character.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW thats all very nice but you do realise that Wonder Woman has been a government agent and used the Diana Prince identity ans thats almost exactly like a cop
#9 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure she would get fired.

#10 Posted by The Poet (8164 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

who else predicted this image would be in this thread?

#11 Edited by WDW (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@WDW thats all very nice but you do realise that Wonder Woman has been a government agent and used the Diana Prince identity ans thats almost exactly like a cop

First Diana Prince goverment agent is from the TV series NOT the comics. TV Wonder Woman is VERY different from comic Wonder Woman and that's my point.

Second Working for the government as CIA or something it is not exactly like a cop.

Third she worked for the DEPARTMENT of META-HUMAN AFFAIRS as Diana Prince and she was there keeping tabs on there actions for Batman. NOT because that was what she always wanted to do like Clark Kent is a reporter. She was not EVEN good at her job and virtually abandoned it well before the story arch was done. That situation only lasted 12 issues and even then she was hardly a simple cop!

A cop is a 9 to 5 job with a limited jurisdiction and you would have to add all sorts of nonsense in Wonder Woman's story to make it work.

If the OP wanted to say CIA or large branch of government than say so. A COP is a COP. A government agent is NOT a COP

anyway whether she works as a cop or goverment agent her history and beliefs need to be seriously revamped. its not a quick fix with ZERO repercussions

I mean she is a member of the justice league. The justice league already is connected to the goverment. Right now she has way more power than an ordinary cop and CIA FBI agent. Why after all this would she now say she wants to be a regular cop as her secret identity. it makes not sense.

If you think she would make a good cop then great. Its never going to happen.

#12 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@AweSam said:

who else predicted this image would be in this thread?

I had to do it.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW wow your really blowing this out of proportion
#14 Posted by WDW (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@WDW wow your really blowing this out of proportion

How? Its a public post. They guy asked a very simple question and I provided a very simple answer. But apparently I needed to explain myself further since you replied directly to my comment.

Nothing is blown out of proportion here. Its business as usual

#15 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Being Wonder Woman means she doesn't have to play by the laws, and being a cop would restrict her.

#16 Edited by UsagiTsukino (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I suprise that being a government agent didn't work since she worked for the miltiray. She was also a government in the 70s. She could make a good secret services or government agent in the CIA.She also worked for the Pentagon.

#17 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6034 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

First Diana Prince goverment agent is from the TV series NOT the comics. TV Wonder Woman is VERY different from comic Wonder Woman and that's my point.

Second Working for the government as CIA or something it is not exactly like a cop.

Third she worked for the DEPARTMENT of META-HUMAN AFFAIRS as Diana Prince and she was there keeping tabs on there actions for Batman. NOT because that was what she always wanted to do like Clark Kent is a reporter. She was not EVEN good at her job and virtually abandoned it well before the story arch was done. That situation only lasted 12 issues and even then she was hardly a simple cop!

A cop is a 9 to 5 job with a limited jurisdiction and you would have to add all sorts of nonsense in Wonder Woman's story to make it work.

If the OP wanted to say CIA or large branch of government than say so. A COP is a COP. A government agent is NOT a COP

anyway whether she works as a cop or goverment agent her history and beliefs need to be seriously revamped. its not a quick fix with ZERO repercussions

I mean she is a member of the justice league. The justice league already is connected to the goverment. Right now she has way more power than an ordinary cop and CIA FBI agent. Why after all this would she now say she wants to be a regular cop as her secret identity. it makes not sense.

If you think she would make a good cop then great. Its never going to happen.

Didn't Dick Grayson become a cop? I agree just saying a ''Super-hero" could be a cop. But yea, i'm pretty sure she'd kill many people. Rapist, pedos, they'd be like chum thrown into a tank of sharks.

#18 Posted by daredevil21134 (12622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: She worked for the Department Of MetaHuman Affairs in the comics

#19 Posted by UsagiTsukino (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean if you think about her history was in the government . She become a nurse in military and officer as well. She could work as a sercret agent or CIA. It's just since she about empowering women why not give her a secret identity they as to with something like that. She can be a achletic or teacher. That all im saying there aren't many female cops and she can help people.

#20 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8004 posts) - - Show Bio
@AweSam said:

#21 Posted by UsagiTsukino (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Than what would work for her? College teacher. She can always give video tape lessons.

#22 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

what?

this threads confusing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.