Wonder Woman armor

#1 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesn't she ever wear something like this?

It's way better looking and more practical than her Miss America swimsuit outfit.

#2 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

She doesn't normally wear capes, it's not within her attire.I know some people who disagree with her bathing suit.I guess the DC didn't want to give her a battle skirt because her bathing suit is more memorable.

I think her new 52 costume looks well.

#3 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

For starters: Her current look is classically iconic. It's formed a self perpetuating cycle: It's a classic, therefore messing with it is wrong, so since no one messes with it, it continues going, becoming even MORE classic with time, thus making messing with it even MORE wrong.

For an actual explanation: I read her outfit is designed to homage a female pilot who crashed on Themyscira. The red, white, blue, and eagle shape are designed to pay homage to the pilot's uniform. Aside from that, additional armor is unnecessary. She catches bullets with her bracelets. And she can straight up tank punches that would shatter any armor they could build. So the outfit she has is more efficient. If she wore additional armor, it would probably just end up getting destroyed in her battles, leaving her in a potentially compromising position.

#4 Posted by divingfalcon713 (282 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

For starters: Her current look is classically iconic. It's formed a self perpetuating cycle: It's a classic, therefore messing with it is wrong, so since no one messes with it, it continues going, becoming even MORE classic with time, thus making messing with it even MORE wrong.

For an actual explanation: I read her outfit is designed to homage a female pilot who crashed on Themyscira. The red, white, blue, and eagle shape are designed to pay homage to the pilot's uniform. Aside from that, additional armor is unnecessary. She catches bullets with her bracelets. And she can straight up tank punches that would shatter any armor they could build. So the outfit she has is more efficient. If she wore additional armor, it would probably just end up getting destroyed in her battles, leaving her in a potentially compromising position.

To go along with this, apparently Hippolyta wanted the outfit Diana would wear to represent the night she was born. The red is supposed to symbolize the hunter's moon Diana was born under, the stars on a field of deep blue to represent the night sky, the W on the breastplate to resemble a certain constellation, and the eagle to represent Athena's guidance on that night.

#5 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

but her current look is like a year old..

#6 Posted by hyperman (280 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

that's the point! she's a demi-goddess! she is almost unvulnerable she does not need anything more than her bracelets, her lasso and a sword, a heavy and tough armour is useless, unecessary and uncomfortable.

#7 Edited by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved the battle armor and i think it makes the most sense. I would love to see her in any of her battle armors. Then in her last moments before almost certain death she can lose the armor for similar reasons to King Leonidas at the end of 300

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2kuna7sC5ek?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The last one is my favorite i think. I think it represents the time period on which she (as well as her civilization) is based upon. The first picture i like second best and minds me a lot of the current armor of Wonder girl.

#8 Posted by FanteFun (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer a modern look for a modern world. her current comicbook look is great

#9 Posted by Sixshot1988 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtsyGal:

Because her role is not just super hero, it is also ambassador. As such she must show her people are more than just warriors. Besides, she's awesome enough without it.

#10 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel armor should just be reserved for the big battles. It's something special. Her normal uniform is fine though I means it's lost the 10502842791 stars and has a pleating that makes it look more like an armored leotard. Anyway I really like this:

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/header_content/img/concept_art/full/Wonder_Woman_body.jpg

armored skirt ftw

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.