Wonder Woman and the Amazons

#1 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Great article about Wonder Woman and the Amazons, don't let the title put you off, there are some really interesting points in there. http://www.fanzing.com/mag/fanzing27/feature3.shtml

Let me know what you guys think

#2 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Amazons and the women of the island od lesbos have nothing to do with each other. The amazons were under the protection of god Iolaus and the island os lesbos were women that killed men everytime one got there. 

The island of Themyscira is a mix of both tribes  and that brings to confussion.
#3 Edited by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeh i found some of the points interesting, like how some of the Amazons ideals portray women in a negitive light, when they are suppose to be the most prominent ideal for strong women.    

#4 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the idea of combining both tribes when they have nothing to do with each other was a wrong idea, maybe they thought that people would find the idea of having two different tribes of women that are completely different a bit confusing. This combination has been very negative for the image of the Amzons and of Wonder Woman herself, fans of the heroine don't know what to think of her and of the Amazons. Sometimes I don't know if the Amazons are on the right side or they have to be considered enemies. Remember "Amazons attack" there were comments of hate against men, cruelty and even racism. I think if we want to see a good wonder woman story we have to start by separating Amazons from women of Lesbos, and change Amazons' mind, at least, a little bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.