Wonder Woman and Sex

  • 86 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by mrjoshua (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman has been accused of being a lesbian over the years, however, my question is has she ever been with a man? We seeing her dating but has there been mention of her having sex? I wonder if she is still a virgin and if so, what affect would it have on her if she did have sex? One myth has also been when powerful women lose their virginity they lose their super powers. I wonder if the same goes for Wonder Woman.

#2 Posted by Jake Allen (26 posts) - - Show Bio
mrjoshua said:
"Wonder Woman has been accused of being a lesbian over the years, however, my question is has she ever been with a man? We seeing her dating but has there been mention of her having sex? I wonder if she is still a virgin and if so, what affect would it have on her if she did have sex? One myth has also been when powerful women lose their virginity they lose their super powers. I wonder if the same goes for Wonder Woman."
you got a good theory there, that's what I think :)
#3 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

She had sex with Superman in the sequel to the Dark Knight Returns. She didn't lose her powers afterwards.

#4 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
The WeatherMan said:
"She had sex with Superman in the sequel to the Dark Knight Returns. She didn't lose her powers afterwards."

Also in the series Kingdom. They had a child.
#5 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

I always figured she was bisexual, because of her relationships with Io and Rama.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter Earth-1974 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

She ain't lesbian, doesn't matter how much men want to picture that

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure Donna and Kyle got physical and she's still as strong as ever.

#8 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I'm sure Donna and Kyle got physical and she's still as strong as ever."
Oh yeah...Kyle.  There's the proof.

Or you could look at the fact that she was married and had a kid before she met Kyle. ^_^
#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Donna did?

#10 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep.  Tales of the Teen Titans 50.

caption


#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

starfire needs her head bagged.

#12 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

If there's one complaint that can be made about the New Teen Titans, its that their hair was ridiculous.

Beast Boy looked a bit silly at times back then.  Starfire's hair was out of control (but she still looked pretty in that comic booky way).  Jericho was...

caption

















Well, you get the idea.  Still one of the best comic book runs of all time.

#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

who did she marry??

#14 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry Long.  Not a superhero or anything.

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman isn't a lesbian. She doesn't need a man. She once dated a man in the Silver Age. I think he was a secret agent/war hero. Other than that, she hasn't been with anyone since Post-COIE.

#16 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Wonder Woman isn't a lesbian. She doesn't need a man. She once dated a man in the Silver Age. I think he was a secret agent/war hero. Other than that, she hasn't been with anyone since Post-COIE."
"Been with"? Like the biblical term?
It's possible she was with Rama. I thought she banged him and Trevor.
#17 Posted by GammaGirl (68 posts) - - Show Bio

also keep in mind that WW is not technically human.  She is an artificially created life form that has the apperance of a human female.

#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Gamma.Girl said:
"also keep in mind that WW is not technically human.  She is an artificially created life form that has the appearance of a human female."
according to Greek mythology, humanity was made from clay, so the fact that she was made from clay makes her human as well
Moderator
#19 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"

Yep.  Tales of the Teen Titans 50.

caption


"
Wonder Woman married Tony Kornheiser when he had hair on his head...


lol
#20 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

huh i though she use superman as a loophole because he not human.

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
""Been with"?
As in 'being in a relationship'. Doesn't necessarily have to involve sex.
#22 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?

#23 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"
LOL


#24 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"
LOL


"
Honestly this is like the third one I seen today.This is why Wonder Woman isn't popular because people would rather fap to her than read her books.
#25 Edited by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"King Saturn said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"
LOL


"
Honestly this is like the third one I seen today.This is why Wonder Woman isn't popular because people would rather fap to her than read her books."
True Dat... its weird that all of a sudden we have all these threads questioning Diana's sex life all of a sudden
#26 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"

Because Boredom pulled tiny little moths out of the back of our brains that just fly out of control and curiosity kills so its best to get rid of it quickly
#27 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"

Because Boredom pulled tiny little moths out of the back of our brains that just fly out of control and curiosity kills so its best to get rid of it quickly"
If people are that curious..maybe they should read her comics..than maybe she would be deserving of being in trinity because her books would have sold as well as Batman and Superman's.
#28 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"

Because Boredom pulled tiny little moths out of the back of our brains that just fly out of control and curiosity kills so its best to get rid of it quickly"
If people are that curious..maybe they should read her comics..than maybe she would be deserving of being in trinity because her books would have sold as well as Batman and Superman's."
I completely agree
#29 Posted by GammaGirl (68 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"

Because Boredom pulled tiny little moths out of the back of our brains that just fly out of control and curiosity kills so its best to get rid of it quickly"
If people are that curious..maybe they should read her comics..than maybe she would be deserving of being in trinity because her books would have sold as well as Batman and Superman's."
I completely agree"
ok... I'm in my 40's.  People have ALWAYS speculated about WW's sex life and how many comics she sells really has nothing to do with it.  Wonder Woman is, THE A  Numbah 1, Undisputed, BABE of comics.  Any comics. 

Second factor is that kids are curious about sex.  If you're under 13, you're curious and giggly about it, if you're over 13, you're obsessed with it.

I'm still obsessed with it.

Getting on a high horse about it is not going to make it go away.  Why be facinated by the sex life of a fictional character?  why be facinated by ANYTHING about a fictional character?  It's kind of the point.  It's a fantasy we like to lose ourselves in.  And for many people, if that fantasy has anything to do with sex, so much the better.
#30 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
Gamma.Girl said:
"Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"

Because Boredom pulled tiny little moths out of the back of our brains that just fly out of control and curiosity kills so its best to get rid of it quickly"
If people are that curious..maybe they should read her comics..than maybe she would be deserving of being in trinity because her books would have sold as well as Batman and Superman's."
I completely agree"
ok... I'm in my 40's.  People have ALWAYS speculated about WW's sex life and how many comics she sells really has nothing to do with it.  Wonder Woman is, THE A  Numbah 1, Undisputed, BABE of comics.  Any comics. 

Second factor is that kids are curious about sex.  If you're under 13, you're curious and giggly about it, if you're over 13, you're obsessed with it.

I'm still obsessed with it.

Getting on a high horse about it is not going to make it go away.  Why be facinated by the sex life of a fictional character?  why be facinated by ANYTHING about a fictional character?  It's kind of the point.  It's a fantasy we like to lose ourselves in.  And for many people, if that fantasy has anything to do with sex, so much the better."
Ok...
1.Your name is Gamma Girl,are you really a girl? 40 year old female reading comics is unheard of.No disrespect.I just never heard of anything like this.
2.I know Wonder Woman's sales have nothing to do with her sex life.Her sales suck and I am saying..if you are that curious,read her comics and find out.If people read her comics as much as they speculated..she would be a top seller.
3."Kids are curious about sex"? So comicvine is the place to ask about it? 
4.I'm not on a high horse..my point was this is like the 4th or 5th thread addressing the same issue.There is a difference between being interested and fascinated.Nothing in comics fascinates me but I am interested to know the stories and the things that come along with these characters..how ever to truly be fascinated to know if a fictional character has had sex or not it incredibly lame.What is the purpose of knowing that information? Like someone earlier asked if Warpath was bulletproof...that is a better question because it allows that person to better understand what they have read.If someone saved Warpath from getting shot and he could actually take the bullet,that would be poor writing and cause confusion.The people who answered the question cleared it up for him.That is information he can use.There is nothing to be gained by knowing if Wonder Woman is a virgin or not.
#31 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Why repost that?

#32 Posted by GammaGirl (68 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"Why repost that?"

because this site hates IE which is all I have to work with

in other words, I didn't mean to do it, I was trying to quote your last post but all the reply links are screwed up in IE
#33 Posted by inferiorego (27805 posts) - - Show Bio
Gamma.Girl said:


Second factor is that kids are curious about sex.  If you're under 13, you're curious and giggly about it, if you're over 13, you're obsessed with it.


I'd like to say, I'm well above 13 and in no way "obsessed" with sex. I have more important things to worry about, like paying the bills.


I 100% agree with Vance. I have no clue why there are so many threads relating to Super-Heroes and sex. I usually just try and ignore it.

"Was The Thing's dork made of orange rock?"
~Mallrats
Staff
#34 Posted by GammaGirl (68 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"Gamma.Girl said:
"Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"Mr.Voo the Doo said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FASCINATED WITH THE SEX LIFE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?"

Because Boredom pulled tiny little moths out of the back of our brains that just fly out of control and curiosity kills so its best to get rid of it quickly"
If people are that curious..maybe they should read her comics..than maybe she would be deserving of being in trinity because her books would have sold as well as Batman and Superman's."
I completely agree"
ok... I'm in my 40's.  People have ALWAYS speculated about WW's sex life and how many comics she sells really has nothing to do with it.  Wonder Woman is, THE A  Numbah 1, Undisputed, BABE of comics.  Any comics. 

Second factor is that kids are curious about sex.  If you're under 13, you're curious and giggly about it, if you're over 13, you're obsessed with it.

I'm still obsessed with it.

Getting on a high horse about it is not going to make it go away.  Why be facinated by the sex life of a fictional character?  why be facinated by ANYTHING about a fictional character?  It's kind of the point.  It's a fantasy we like to lose ourselves in.  And for many people, if that fantasy has anything to do with sex, so much the better."
Ok...
1.Your name is Gamma Girl,are you really a girl? 40 year old female reading comics is unheard of.No disrespect.I just never heard of anything like this.
2.I know Wonder Woman's sales have nothing to do with her sex life.Her sales suck and I am saying..if you are that curious,read her comics and find out.If people read her comics as much as they speculated..she would be a top seller.
3."Kids are curious about sex"? So comicvine is the place to ask about it? 
4.I'm not on a high horse..my point was this is like the 4th or 5th thread addressing the same issue.There is a difference between being interested and fascinated.Nothing in comics fascinates me but I am interested to know the stories and the things that come along with these characters..how ever to truly be fascinated to know if a fictional character has had sex or not it incredibly lame.What is the purpose of knowing that information? Like someone earlier asked if Warpath was bulletproof...that is a better question because it allows that person to better understand what they have read.If someone saved Warpath from getting shot and he could actually take the bullet,that would be poor writing and cause confusion.The people who answered the question cleared it up for him.That is information he can use.There is nothing to be gained by knowing if Wonder Woman is a virgin or not.
"
1. yes, I started reading comics very young, I taught myself to read on Green Lantern and Iron Man.  I've been an oddball all my life
2. can't argue with that
3. I guess my point was, you give the impression you think the topic is not appropriate for the forum but the subject IS dealt with in the very comics we talk about.
4. You remind me very much of my father.  He used to ask me constantly why I read comics.  Why I played with action figures instead of barbies.  Why did I have to have everything in green...

because I like it.  Do I need another reason? 

You seem to be saying that talking about WW's sex life serves no purpose.  But if people enjoy talking about it and reading about it, then a purpose is served.

Ever since I was kid I got a really BIG charge out of sexual references in comic books.  I know I'm not the only one... obviously or they wouldn't keep putting them in there.
#35 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Gamma.Girl said:


Second factor is that kids are curious about sex.  If you're under 13, you're curious and giggly about it, if you're over 13, you're obsessed with it.


I'd like to say, I'm well above 13 and in no way "obsessed" with sex. I have more important things to worry about, like paying the bills.


I 100% agree with Vance. I have no clue why there are so many threads relating to Super-Heroes and sex. I usually just try and ignore it.

"Was The Thing's dork made of orange rock?"
~Mallrats"
More to the point I was making..if you're going to be obsessed with sex be obsessed with your sex life and not the sex life of someone who isn't real.
#36 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"Zoom said:
"

Yep.  Tales of the Teen Titans 50.

caption


"
EW Starfire is the grossest thing since 2 girls one cup"
LMFAO
#37 Edited by inferiorego (27805 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"inferiorego said:
"Gamma.Girl said:


Second factor is that kids are curious about sex.  If you're under 13, you're curious and giggly about it, if you're over 13, you're obsessed with it.


I'd like to say, I'm well above 13 and in no way "obsessed" with sex. I have more important things to worry about, like paying the bills.


I 100% agree with Vance. I have no clue why there are so many threads relating to Super-Heroes and sex. I usually just try and ignore it.

"Was The Thing's dork made of orange rock?"
~Mallrats"
More to the point I was making..if you're going to be obsessed with sex be obsessed with your sex life and not the sex life of someone who isn't real."
Is Mr Fantasic stretchy everywhere?
Staff
#38 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"inferiorego said:
"Gamma.Girl said:


Second factor is that kids are curious about sex.  If you're under 13, you're curious and giggly about it, if you're over 13, you're obsessed with it.


I'd like to say, I'm well above 13 and in no way "obsessed" with sex. I have more important things to worry about, like paying the bills.


I 100% agree with Vance. I have no clue why there are so many threads relating to Super-Heroes and sex. I usually just try and ignore it.

"Was The Thing's dork made of orange rock?"
~Mallrats"
More to the point I was making..if you're going to be obsessed with sex be obsessed with your sex life and not the sex life of someone who isn't real."
Is Mr Fantasic stretchy everywhere?"
ROTFLMFAO
Moderator
#39 Posted by inferiorego (27805 posts) - - Show Bio

I could quote Mallrats all day

Staff
#40 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

i have seen that she is romantically interested in batman

#41 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel a tad silly being the man who brings this up, but why is it that a woman has to be in a relationship or shown to have sex with a man to prove she's not a lesbian. She is an Amazon.  People get this perverse idea as soon as they hear the term Amazon. (Coming from me. That's saying something.) As if the island is one large "lez-fest". Not to say woman on woman love would never happen. In a society that is derived of only women things would be different in social structure. Women's worth is based around one's own power.
Put aside the way you have always thought about life and relations. Now build those values from square one. Say, you grew up without one of your parents. Remove all the values you think you got from their influence. Don't you think it's likely your personality could be quite different? Now try and imagine living your whole life without ever seeing the other gender. Would sex even be part of your thinking then? Would you even care what others thought of your sexuality, one way or the other?


I do seem to remember that one of the Justice League cartoons did a semi romantic arc between Diana and Bruce. That was 'interesting'. I'm not sure how this was ever related in the actual canon comics though.
 
@inferiorego said:

" Is Mr Fantasic stretchy everywhere? "
Channeling Brody from Mallrats, are we? At least you didn't quote that line about Superman's 'climaxes'.
#42 Posted by mrjoshua (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I am truly amazed by the number of views this thread has generated. I would like to respond to what I have read on here. The reason I wrote this thread was I wanted to understand the nature of Wonder Woman and her powers. I have read and heard about other stories where powerful women had lost their powers once they had sex and lost their virginity. I thought maybe that was the case with Wonder Woman. I have not read a comic where she has had sex or they alluded to it but then again I haven't read every comic she appeared in. Many people have answered my question so the answer is no. She will not lose her powers if she has sex. I do find it interesting that people wonder why others ask question like this and say they are not interested yet post on threads such as these and later return to respond to comments about their post. If the thread bothers you, why read it? Why write anything? If you really want an answer then fine. Return and maybe you'll find one. But if all you want to do is criticize others for what they think and why they think it, I would suggest starting a thread stating that. It's better than getting in between those who have no problem discussing such things. It annoys me to read the posts of others discussing the topic and then some one jumps in the middle saying how they fine this discussion not to their liking. Okay, you disagree or you're bothered. Simply click back on your browser and go find another topic. Find one you like. If you apparently have better things to do than talk about fictional characters and their sex life then you have better things to do than respond to post a message saying how you have better things to do than talk about ficitional cahracters and their sex life.  Now having said that, who agrees Wonder Woman has some nice breast?   

#43 Posted by LP (675 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrjoshua said:

"I do find it interesting that people wonder why others ask question like this and say they are not interested yet post on threads such as these and later return to respond to comments about their post. If the thread bothers you, why read it? 


 
 
They're called trolls Mr. Joshua: they're above everything and everyone and nothing is too unimportant for them to obsess over.
That said, I always hated Starfire's hair, but that's besides the point lol. 
#44 Posted by LP (675 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, she's obviously straight, and has had quite a bit in her day.

#45 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Isen;t she in love with Superman?

#46 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" Isen;t she in love with Superman? "
Not currently..Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #2 show her being in love with Batman (Bruce).
#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she loves both of them.In KC she had a child with Superman.

#48 Edited by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrjoshua said:

" I am truly amazed by the number of views this thread has generated. I would like to respond to what I have read on here. The reason I wrote this thread was I wanted to understand the nature of Wonder Woman and her powers. I have read and heard about other stories where powerful women had lost their powers once they had sex and lost their virginity. I thought maybe that was the case with Wonder Woman. I have not read a comic where she has had sex or they alluded to it but then again I haven't read every comic she appeared in. Many people have answered my question so the answer is no. She will not lose her powers if she has sex. I do find it interesting that people wonder why others ask question like this and say they are not interested yet post on threads such as these and later return to respond to comments about their post. If the thread bothers you, why read it? Why write anything? If you really want an answer then fine. Return and maybe you'll find one. But if all you want to do is criticize others for what they think and why they think it, I would suggest starting a thread stating that. It's better than getting in between those who have no problem discussing such things. It annoys me to read the posts of others discussing the topic and then some one jumps in the middle saying how they fine this discussion not to their liking. Okay, you disagree or you're bothered. Simply click back on your browser and go find another topic. Find one you like. If you apparently have better things to do than talk about fictional characters and their sex life then you have better things to do than respond to post a message saying how you have better things to do than talk about ficitional cahracters and their sex life.  Now having said that, who agrees Wonder Woman has some nice breast?    "

If you want to understand Wonder Woman and her powers..Read her comics. 
 
@Primmaster64 said:
" Isen;t she in love with Superman? "
No.
Moderator
#49 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

well there a time when her a batman were close... its even hinted they had a thing in justice leauge unlimited... and its bruce whane so......
#50 Posted by d0npierre (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Bruce Wayne:
 

  1. Already a father, which should give him a woman to love, in the most traditional way of life?
  2. Supposedly dead?
 
Ah hell, why am I even trying? In blackest night Batman 2 it was already hinted he'd be alive. He is a playboy in real life, so I suppose he's got the moves (and the money). But if I'd were WW I'd know who to pick besides a two-timing snobby father. Hell, even in this world she's already got admirers. Maybe the cocky Hal Jordan? I'd wonder what he would be able to with his ring when he sees her ...
 
I know when to shut up, now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.