Wonder Woman And Birds Of Prey Animated Show or Feature

#1 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

I´ve banged on, moaned and whined about DC doing WW animated show, but I totally forgot about my main girls, Birds Of Prey. I would love to see an animated crossover feature with BOP and WW. Or animated shows of the team and WW come out at the same time so, they could feature in each others show. what do you think.

P.S. Yay its nearly Christmas. xx

#2 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you should check out Ame-Come Girls. It has some ridiculous costumes, but it also features what is essentially Birds of Prey as Justice League team.

#3 Edited by Superdork (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon shows these days are meant to sell toys and merchandise. That's why Green Lantern has a ship in his show (which I like) and that's why the Teen Titans had so many vehicles. You would have to find a way for Wonder Woman to sell merchandise as well as the power puff girls did even though the tone of both shows would be different. Serious shows like superhero stuff usually attract more boys than girls, and I'm not sure if boys (especially little ones) would buy WW stuff. That's always been the issue with giving her a show. If her merchandise doesn't sell, she'll go kaput. And this is coming from a boy who considers Wonder Woman one of his top 5 superheroes. You don't have that sales problem with Batman and Superman who both have a lot of gadgets and who boys are not afraid to buy merchandise of.

But if anyone could do a serious WW show, it would be long-time Bruce Timm collaborator Lauren Faust. She directed the WW film. I could see her setting it in the Green Lantern: The Animated Series Universe.

Yes

You could also make her show less serious and with self contained stories that would appeal more to young girls. That way you could sell more girl t-shirts and stuff, but I'm not sure that I would want a joke-y Wonder Woman show.

No

I would also like to see a Cyborg cartoon about the Red Room.

And I would like a new Justice League cartoon.

I'm not interested in Birds of Prey at all. I don't think it would even sell merchandise unless it were really silly.

#4 Edited by Superdork (918 posts) - - Show Bio

And she may not even need an animated show if Amazon turns out to be a CW hit.

@fodigg said:

I think you should check out Ame-Come Girls. It has some ridiculous costumes, but it also features what is essentially Birds of Prey as Justice League team.

I could see Ame-Come Girls working as a cartoon.

#5 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: Um just read an interview with Bruce Timm, apparently it´s never going to happen cause WW film didn´t sell fast enough. So no female superhero animated films apparently. well done DC, once again you´ve fulfilled my absolute belief that you are idiots. I think girls will wtch a girl cartoon. Enough to sell merchandise. In fact girls tend to buy more things. Sure there´s loads of amazon related stuff they could sell to girls which would go completely against WW ethics. Like Amazon Makeup packs, WW barbie etc ;), there´s also alot of male toys you could sell to boys, ww´s villains, a trinity pack with WW, BM and superman, stealth plane. ;) computer games. tomb raider sold, why not ww? but i´m giving up now. its pointless. They just are never going to give up this fascile idea, women don´t sell. WW is there third best seller apparently, but cause it didn´t sell quick enough. Maybe cause no one knew about it? DCWB get a clue, please.

#6 Posted by Superdork (918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

@Superdork: Um just read an interview with Bruce Timm, apparently it´s never going to happen cause WW film didn´t sell fast enough. So no female superhero animated films apparently. well done DC, once again you´ve fulfilled my absolute belief that you are idiots. I think girls will wtch a girl cartoon. Enough to sell merchandise. In fact girls tend to buy more things. Sure there´s loads of amazon related stuff they could sell to girls which would go completely against WW ethics. Like Amazon Makeup packs, WW barbie etc, there´s also alot of male toys you could sell, ww´s villains, a trinity pack with WW, BM and superman, stealth plane. ;) computer games, tomb raider sold, why ww.

From Wikipedia:

Reception

#FilmOriginal release dateDirector(s)IMDB ratingRotten Tomatoes RatingDomestic Gross (in USD$)
1Superman: DoomsdaySeptember 18, 2007Bruce Timm
Lauren Montgomery
Brandon Vietti
67%
$9,454,197
2Justice League: The New FrontierFebruary 26, 2008Dave Bullock
-
$5,242,549
3Batman: Gotham KnightJuly 8, 2008Toshi Hiruma
Bruce Timm
83%
$8,072,416
4Wonder WomanMarch 3, 2009Lauren Montgomery
86%
$7,506,477
5Green Lantern: First FlightJuly 28, 2009Lauren Montgomery
50%
$6,247,794
6Superman/Batman: Public EnemiesSeptember 29, 2009Sam Liu
-
$8,423,471
7Justice League: Crisis on Two EarthsFebruary 23, 2010Sam Liu
Lauren Montgomery
-
$5,369,503
8Batman: Under the Red HoodJuly 27, 2010Brandon Vietti
100%
$7,062,034
9Superman/Batman: ApocalypseSeptember 28, 2010Lauren Montgomery
-
$6,245,186
10All-Star SupermanFebruary 22, 2011Sam Liu
-
$4,609,497
11Green Lantern: Emerald KnightsJune 8, 2011Christopher Berkeley
Lauren Montgomery
Jay Oliva
-
$2,708,280
12Batman: Year OneOctober 18, 2011Sam Liu
Lauren Montgomery
86%
$2,666,830
13Justice League: DoomFebruary 28, 2012Lauren Montgomery
-
$3,902,694
14Superman vs. The EliteJune 12, 2012Michael Chang
-
$1,122,058
15Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1September 25, 2012Jay Oliva
-
$1,281,616
#7 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: Yep I know. They compare WW sales to JL and Batman, already well established figures; of course she´ll sell slower than them at first. This is the time they could make money off the hype of the first film. Their nuts.

#8 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

I´ve banged on, moaned and whined about DC doing WW animated show, but I totally forgot about my main girls, Birds Of Prey. I would love to see an animated crossover feature with BOP and WW. Or animated shows of the team and WW come out at the same time so, they could feature in each others show. what do you think.

P.S. Yay its nearly Christmas. xx

I would love to see that! Who's legs do we have to break to make that happen?

#9 Posted by StarKiller809 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a very awesome idea. We always got to see a little bit of these characters in JLU but I really wanted to get more of them because having 22 minute episodes is fine but it would be great to see a whole TV show dedicated to these characters.

#10 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: to improve her comic sales,they should choose a good wonder woman run and adapt it into an animated series,so the series will be as mature and deep as the comic that is based on,for example adapt perez and ruka run into an animated series,maybe even arazzello run,to also imprve the sales of her current comic run.

#11 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of just Wonder Woman, I would like to see a continuation of the Animated film. It was just really well done and it has all of the elements that I want to see in a Wonder Woman story with exception of Etta Candy, they really blew that character.

#12 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: it's better if they adapt a comic run,because it'd be the first time we could see a comic character being as powerful as in the comics,so to improve her comic sales,they should choose a good wonder woman run and adapt it into an animated series,so the series will be as mature and deep as the comic that is based on,for example adapt perez and ruka run into an animated series,maybe even arazzello run,to also imprve the sales of her current comic run.

what runs would you like to see adapted into an animated series?.

#13 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I see your point.

Simone's Genocide tale. Gripping Stuff!

#14 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: that'd be cool.

#15 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: @gokuwarrior: @gokuwarrior said:

@Press Oblivion: it's better if they adapt a comic run,because it'd be the first time we could see a comic character being as powerful as in the comics,so to improve her comic sales,they should choose a good wonder woman run and adapt it into an animated series,so the series will be as mature and deep as the comic that is based on,for example adapt perez and ruka run into an animated series,maybe even arazzello run,to also imprve the sales of her current comic run.

what runs would you like to see adapted into an animated series?.

I like the idea of having 3 part stories over 3 episodes like JLA did. I think Rucka´s run would be perfect for that. But, I would also like an influence of Gail Simone, because she brought some much needed humor to WW comics. I think they could blend the two.

#16 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: i think they could find a way to make 3 different runs work as a whole,perez run season 1,ruka ruin season 2 and simone run season 3,they could find a way to conect the 3 runs,make the 3 runs be related somehow so they can work as whole story together.

then if it work,they could make another animated series with arazzelloo run as something different and not vrelated to the others,that way they can promote her current comic too.

#17 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Good idea. Wish DC execs saw it your way.

#18 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: yes,if they pick the best from every run and avoid inconsistencies,they can make them workl as a whole stoery and itr'd be great,wonder woman deserves it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.